• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villa 1 bedroom Corner villa- I got one!

LovingPooh

Mouseketeer
Just back from a one week stay a BWV. I had requested one of the corner 1 bedroom villas (2123, 3123, or 4123) and we got one! This was our first time in one of these. It was huge. So much room for the two of us. It was a good walk from the lobby, but well worth it in my opinion. The balcony wrapped all the way around the large living/dining room and we had another balcony off of the bedroom. There were 3 sets of doors that you could exit from the living/dining area to have access to the balcony. I hope to get lucky enough to get one of these again in the future.

Lucky you, We’ve requested one of these rooms multiple times but have never been successful.

Hi, I just did a search on these rooms and your thread came up. I actually just posted on the BWV thread asking about the layout. I have never stayed at BW before and never in a 1bd so I was wondering how much bigger did this seem? DS will be on the pull out sofa and I wondered if it would make him seem to have a bigger room. I found a "walk through" online and realized the corner room was missing the breakfast bar. Do you have any pictures? What are your personal pros or cons of the room you were in? Thanks for sharing!

Hi, I just did a search on these rooms and your thread came up. I actually just posted on the BWV thread asking about the layout. I have never stayed at BW before and never in a 1bd so I was wondering how much bigger did this seem? DS will be on the pull out sofa and I wondered if it would make him seem to have a bigger room. I found a "walk through" online and realized the corner room was missing the breakfast bar. Do you have any pictures? What are your personal pros or cons of the room you were in? Thanks for sharing!
Sorry, I am not a picture taker, but I can give you some insights.
The only con of the room was the distance from the lobby, but I already knew this when I requested it.
It was very large. Even folding out the sleeper sofa, you still have room for another queen size inflatable mattress.
I hope you get it if you request it. So worth the walk, IMO. It was nice and quiet as well.

How do you do a room request? I've never done one (and we are booked in a standard 1 br in April for my husband's birthday trip. These look amazing! :)

How do you do a room request? I've never done one (and we are booked in a standard 1 br in April for my husband's birthday trip. These look amazing! :)
I faxed mine directly to the resort about 7 days prior to our arrival. The fax number to Boardwalk villas is 407-939-5150. I provide my name, reservation number with arrival and departure dates and put in a nice note about my request. Be sure to give them a phone number or email to contact you if they need to.
There are other sites that if you are a subscriber, you can do a room request with them, but since I am not a subscriber to any of the sites, I have always faxed my own room requests and I have had great success with it.
Good luck!

Thank you! We've owned DVC since 2018 and I've never requested room. Just went with the luck of the draw! But I'm stalking these boards and learning all kinds of new things. 4 reservations this year and hope to explore all that our Happy Place has to offer!

I faxed mine directly to the resort about 7 days prior to our arrival. The fax number to Boardwalk villas is 407-939-5150. I provide my name, reservation number with arrival and departure dates and put in a nice note about my request. Be sure to give them a phone number or email to contact you if they need to.
There are other sites that if you are a subscriber, you can do a room request with them, but since I am not a subscriber to any of the sites, I have always faxed my own room requests and I have had great success with it.
Good luck!

Do you know if they have an email address to send the request to? I don't have access to a fax machine so was just thinking of calling the resort. But I think I like the idea of it popping out on a fax machine at the resort so it's more of a solid request.

We got an x123 room years ago. Our daughter used the sofabed (open), & son used a twin aerobed - there was still lots of room! Just note tho, the bathroom is smaller than a regular 1-bdrm, but we didn't care because the living room/kitchen & balcony were HUGE, with great views - who spends that much time in the bathroom anyway? :confused3
Nowadays, we prefer closer to the elevators so we don't have to deal with stars so much.

Do you know if they have an email address to send the request to? I don't have access to a fax machine so was just thinking of calling the resort. But I think I like the idea of it popping out on a fax machine at the resort so it's more of a solid request.
I use the 'contact us' link on the Member Website to send in my requests.

FWIW, we have been asked NOT to fax requests to the resort. There have been reports that they just toss them. Maybe that's not always true. I don't know for sure and have always had good luck emailing MS via the link on the Member Website.

FWIW, we have been asked NOT to fax requests to the resort. There have been reports that they just toss them. Maybe that's not always true. I don't know for sure and have always had good luck emailing MS via the link on the Member Website.
Interesting! That’s not something I would’ve ever considered using MS to help with. I have personally faxed & used www.touringplans.com ; both seem to work for us (not 100% of the time, but often enough for me to think it makes a difference!) 😉

Well, I'm not a DVC member so I wouldn't be able to do that anyways! So I guess I will be calling after all. Thanks for the info!

Interesting! That’s not something I would’ve ever considered using MS to help with. I have personally faxed & used www.touringplans.com ; both seem to work for us (not 100% of the time, but often enough for me to think it makes a difference!) 😉
I've used touringplans.com successfully, also. I don't think anything works 100% because so much depends on how many check outs match what is requested. I think the room assigners do what they can.

Well, I'm not a DVC member so I wouldn't be able to do that anyways! So I guess I will be calling after all. Thanks for the info!
Are you renting points? If so, you can ask the owner to call to put in the request.
If you booked through Disney however, their "Standard View" is actually what is referred to as "garden/pool view" with DVC. DVC's Standard & BoardWalk views are only available when staying on points, and the x123 rooms are categorized as DVC's Standard View.

Are you renting points? If so, you can ask the owner to call to put in the request.
If you booked through Disney however, their "Standard View" is actually what is referred to as "garden/pool view" with DVC. DVC's Standard & BoardWalk views are only available when staying on points, and the x123 rooms are categorized as DVC's Standard View.

We are booked directly through Disney (not renting points) and I know it would be totally random luck to request 1 of 3 rooms over how many hundreds at the resort. No matter what, I will be happy that we at least are in a one bedroom AND that we will be on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter