Boardwalk to Go, Hotdogs?

Mrs.Milo

DIS Veteran
We were watching a YouTube video today, and saw the hotdog vendor in front of the Abracadabra bar looked empty. Did it close?

That was a must do for us, best chili dogs. Is it coming back I hope?

Thanks

This shut down unexpectedly a few months ago. I have heard no rumblings of it opening again. It's a shame because I really liked the offerings there for a quick bite. Boardwalk has such limited quick service food options to begin with ..

maybe the lease cost went up. I don't know who owned it but Disney needs the money more.

Honestly, I like the convenience of Boardwalk but Disney has REALLY dropped the ball there for quickservice. And the only machine for refillable mugs being at Boardwalk Bakery/Deli? Why on earth could they not have added one near the lobby when they added the coffee shop? Or near the Lounge on the hotel side?

Honestly, I like the convenience of Boardwalk but Disney has REALLY dropped the ball there for quickservice. And the only machine for refillable mugs being at Boardwalk Bakery/Deli? Why on earth could they not have added one near the lobby when they added the coffee shop? Or near the Lounge on the hotel side?
I love the Boardwalk Resort but the QS situation is indeed strange. The hot dog stand outside wasn't the best option, but better than nothing. Disappointing, literally the only thing I don't like about BWV

I end up going to S/D since they have good QS and they restored the 20% DVC blue card discount. I wonder if that is why S/D has the discount to capitalize on Disney’s mistake.

Yeah it was a great spot to grab a bit and enjoy sitting on the boardwalk.... they had some loaded steak fries that was one of the best QS meals I had at WDW. We were going to stop for a pizza, but it was an hour wait and gave it a try.

But it wasn't open back in April...

More importantly the Bakery somehow got rid of the BUTTER BUTTER Sandwhich. That was the best thing they offered there. I do like other things but WHY WHY WHY /

Mugs can also be refilled at the pool bar (Leaping Horse Libations).

More importantly the Bakery somehow got rid of the BUTTER BUTTER Sandwhich. That was the best thing they offered there. I do like other things but WHY WHY WHY /

What Bakery? For now the BoardWalk Deli does offer some pre-baked items. But have to wonder how many of the Baked Goods the Deli will offer once the Cake Bake Shop is open next door?

But a Deli does sandwiches'....

ESPN, the Hot Dog stand... And the pizza window which used to sell a pie for $22 wont serve a full pie anymore, only quarter slices for $9 each. The guy looked at me like I was nuts when I asked why they stopped selling full pies. Made some snide remark. I walked away.

You all are right. Food choices are really getting poor. Beaches and Cream used to be a favorite but after they expanded it seems the food and the atmosphere when south. And $36 for a Kitchen Sink? No thanks.

Maybe I'll just bring PB&J to Disney for lunch

Hopefully that hotdog place and the other stand will reopen. We did make a joke in May of wondering how much Disney would want to rent that stall. You could make a killing with dogs fries wings etc. Clearly the demand is there.

Mugs can also be refilled at the pool bar (Leaping Horse Libations).
When it is open, yes. But those bartenders are so busy taking care of folks getting alcohol they don't pay much attention to someone just wanting their mug filled. Another puzzling decision made by Disney... why did they not put a machine there like they have at BLT, VGF, SSR Paddock and Grandstand and Riviera?

you cant get whole pies at the pizza spot anymore? Really wasn't wild about it, and the wait was normally prohibitive, but did get it a few times when other options weren't available

you cant get whole pies at the pizza spot anymore? Really wasn't wild about it, and the wait was normally prohibitive, but did get it a few times when other options weren't available
The only whole pie option is the gluten-free version. That’s made using a small (10”?) premade commercial GF crust, but better than nothing for my GF DW.

When it is open, yes. But those bartenders are so busy taking care of folks getting alcohol they don't pay much attention to someone just wanting their mug filled. Another puzzling decision made by Disney... why did they not put a machine there like they have at BLT, VGF, SSR Paddock and Grandstand and Riviera?
Its their job.

What Bakery? For now the BoardWalk Deli does offer some pre-baked items. But have to wonder how many of the Baked Goods the Deli will offer once the Cake Bake Shop is open next door?

But a Deli does sandwiches'....
Yes the Deli. Do you know what the Butter Butter sandwich was ?

I need the buffalo chicken fries back!!! It was really good buffalo chicken. We have stayed at the Boardwalk lots of times and I had just tried the Togo cart in October. I was so excited about it and now it's gone. I'm heavily regretting not getting buffalo chicken fries 6 years ago. I don't love the deli because sandwiches aren't really a big hit in my family. The new ice cream shop is nowhere near as good as Ample Hills. I'll walk to Beaches and Cream. We always used to order the whole pizzas which are also gone now and I miss the strawberry cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery. Covid killed it! Rant over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter