Boardwalk to AKL without a PHP?

thebets57

Mouseketeer
For our upcoming trip, our PHP will not take effect until the following day. Upon arrival to the AKL, we thought we would enjoy the resort/pool, eat at Boma's and head over to the
Boardwalk to walk around and enjoy Illuminations from there. My understanding is that the most direct way home is to join the hoards of people exiting EPCOT to the buses. In order to do this, can we bypass entering the park (no passes as I mentioned). Would we save alot of time and hastle by calling a cab from the front of the Boardwalk Resort? Thanks for your help!!

there are busses form BW and the other Epcot resorts but it may be faster to walk and or boat over to MGM and get a bus there.

Without passes you can't get to the front of Epcot.

well, the buses are at the other entrance to Epocot. If MGM is still open you can take the boat to MGM then take the AKL resort bus from there. Or take the BW resort bus to PI then take the AKL bus from there.
I bet a cab ride wouldn't be all that expensive either.

Originally posted by thebets57
For our upcoming trip, our PHP will not take effect until the following day. Upon arrival to the AKL, we thought we would enjoy the resort/pool, eat at Boma's and head over to the
Boardwalk to walk around and enjoy Illuminations from there. My understanding is that the most direct way home is to join the hoards of people exiting EPCOT to the buses. In order to do this, can we bypass entering the park (no passes as I mentioned). Would we save alot of time and hastle by calling a cab from the front of the Boardwalk Resort? Thanks for your help!!

I am assuming you are not going to have access to a car so I would reconmend taking a taxi both from the AKL to the BW and then from the BW back to the AKL.

You would not be able to get to the bus stop at Epcot from the Boardwalk without park admission. You would have to enter epcot via the world showcase and walk around to the main entrance and exit there for the bus stop. You could walk or take a boat to MGM if its open late enough and take a bus to AKL from MGM. This would not require park admission as the boat and walkway will take you to the bus stops.

I would just go to the main entrance of the Boardwalk resort itself and take a cab! Not your cheapest option but definately the easiest.

TJ

A cab from BW to AKL would be about $15 including tip - We did a cab from AKL to Swan in Jan. & that was the cost....
To me, it's worth every penny. Bus riding will take you a good hour...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter