Boardwalk room advice please family of five

princessap

DIS Veteran
Staying at boardwalk this summer for the first time and we are family of five, kids ages 7,10,12.

Debating between studio villa and regular room, price is about the same and debating which one to book?
Anyone else stay at either as family of five?

I am thinking the villas look more updated but wondering if kids will be okay on pullout??

Staying at boardwalk this summer for the first time and we are family of five, kids ages 7,10,12.

Debating between studio villa and regular room, price is about the same and debating which one to book?

I am thinking the villas look more updated but wondering if kids will be okay on pullout??
The studio villas were not built to accommodate 5 people. They were retrofitted with the foldout beds a couple of years ago to allow a 5th person. When that bed is opened, you lose your dinette and a lot of floor space. The rooms on the Inn side have 2 real beds and a day bed. They're much more comfortable than the sofa bed and Murphy bed on the Villas side. And you don't have to move your table and chairs around so that someone can go to sleep.

The regular resort rooms have two queen beds and a daybed while the studio has one queen, a sofa bed and a Murphy bed. The regular resort bathroom has two sinks while the studio has one sink. The regular room would be more comfortable and that is what I would choose for a family of five.

We stayed at BWI last August. I would agree with the PP. The 2 real beds and 2 sinks make the regular room a better option. We also found our balcony to be oversized, but they are not all the same size.
We loved BWI, have a great trip!

We stayed on the Inn side a couple months ago with our sons who were 16, 14, and 12 and were very comfortable in our room.

Stayed with our 3 kids in Oct...almost exact same ages. We used points for Club Deluxe room. It was perfect and great balcony overlooking there Boardwalk. I know that might not be an option for everyone but just throwing it out there. Plus, the club level fp’s Are worth their weight in gold.

Another vote for a regular room at BWI. I had the same dilemma a few years ago for my family of 4 and ended up choosing the room over the studio. Two normal beds with the pullout is much better. Also, we called housekeeping and they brought us a microwave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter