Boardwalk Resort

They probably aren't as loud as they used to be as the jugglers and other performers are, currently, not there in the evenings. I would probably request 5th floor, quiet room (only a request, of course), but you would not be directly over the Boardwalk if that's what you prefer. We prefer garden view rooms there to try to avoid the Boardwalk noise.

"Noisy" is subjective. I'm an extremely light sleeper and would never pay extra for a Water View room at Boardwalk, despite how well the rooms are soundproofed. There are conflicting reports about the noise emanating from the Boardwalk. Some people say they couldn't hear a sound, while others say it was so noisy they switched room categories.

If you're hesitant, go with a Garden View room, or consider a room at Yacht Club, which is farther away from the nightlife/entertainment.

I agree noisy is subjective. We have never found the Boardwalk view rooms to be noisy, but have always been on higher floors until this year. The Boardwalk was pretty active in the evenings and was "loud" when sitting on the balcony, but we didn't hear anything when in the room with the door closed.

When we were there in the spring our room was right over Big River Grille. On our first night I noticed a lot of noise from there. Mostly the dishes clattering. The rest of the time I didn't notice any noise. I think we were so tired by the end of the night that we just fell right to sleep.

When we were there in the spring our room was right over Big River Grille. On our first night I noticed a lot of noise from there. Mostly the dishes clattering. The rest of the time I didn't notice any noise. I think we were so tired by the end of the night that we just fell right to sleep.

I was always curious if the rooms directly above the restaurant could hear the noise from down below. Thanks for the info.

As others have said, it is subjective. I slept great while I was there. My husband says that something woke him up in the mornings. (For reference... I am a light sleeper. He is a heavy sleeper. Go figure.) There was definitely some sound with the boats arriving and departing. I didn't really notice a lot of noise in the evenings, but I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony people watching. So maybe I enjoyed the noise?

We were between Boardwalk Bakery and ESPN and the only noise that we really noticed were the Friendship boats. I think we were there when night entertainment was starting to be scaled back (or maybe it was over by the time we got back to the room, idk)

We have had no problems with noise in boardwalk view rooms. We love being able to sit on the balcony and watch the activities on the boardwalk. We have stayed on floors 3 and up though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter