Boardwalk question

CBB

Mouseketeer
We are planning on a trip early December 09. I will be attending a conference for 3 days. DH and our 2 kids (5 and 2)will be coming along. The conference is held at the Boardwalk resort so we are planning on staying there. I understand that a standard room at the boardwalk Inn is a little smaller than a studio at the Boardwalk Villas. The prices are about the same. Is it better to stay at the villas since there is also a kitchen? Are the services and views comparable? I really wish I can get a pin/discount. Do I increase my chance getting a pin by applying for a disney visa?

TIA!

You will have much less chance of getting a boardwalk view and you will not have daily maid service with the villas. But the rooms are nicer and you will get a microwave and fridge so you won't be forced to eat out for every meal.

From what I have read, if you are not a DVC member and staying at the Villas on a daily rate, you do get daily maid service.

I do believe that is true about maid service, but keep in mind that a studio will not have a full kitchen. Just a Kitchenette. I have stayed in a studio with with non-boardwalk view and it was great. :yay:

We always stay at the Villas, and the views even off the BW arent that bad. Its nice having the kitchenette and a bit of extra space. Yes if you are a cash guest at BWV you will get daily maid service.

Studio has a pull out couch - not too comfortable. I would stick in the standard room. Decor is lovely and both beds are SO comfy...

We always stay at the Villas, and the views even off the BW arent that bad. Its nice having the kitchenette and a bit of extra space. Yes if you are a cash guest at BWV you will get daily maid service.

Correct. I would choose a villa over a regular room as long as your kids are OK with sleeping on the pull out sofa. If you are staying on cash booked through Disney/CRO, then yes you will get housekeeping every day. Only DVC members staying on points get the limited service (which I love actually). The villa has a kitchenette which includes a frig/with freezer, a microwave, toaster, coffeepot and wetbar area. The villa is closest to the quiet pool and community center which is a great place for the little ones. It has a play room and other activities, plus pay activities daily. Good luck on the wait for the pin.

The nice part about the pull out sofa is during the day when it's closed, you have so much more room to move around.

We love the BWV. The studio would give you more room. We usually get a two bedroom which consists of a 1 bedroom and a studio. Our son (23) uses the sleep sofa in the studio side and says the new one are very comfortable. They have a much thicker mattress than the old style sleep sofa. If paying cash you will have daily maid service. If you are a AAA member you will be able to get a discount on the room. We use our AAA membership to book our trips each year. We have had views that have overlooked the quiet pool, the pool area with the water slide and the waterway by the S/D. We have never had a bad view.

We LOVE BWI - it's our favorite.

Before you make a commitment to BWV, double check on the DVC boards what the refirb schedule will be for the Villas. Our last trip we stayed in a 1 BR at BWV and it was in very sad shape....leaking shower and bathroom sink, slow draining shower, two burners on the stove did not work, carpet, furniture and walls were all battle-scarred from years of use.

We called about the possibility of having the sink and shower fixed because the drip-drip-dribble was annoying and were told ... "the villas are scheduled for renovation soon". Which meant...they never tried to repair the problems.

Our last night we moved to a freshly renovated BWI room. In my opinion....the rooms at the Inn are BEYOOND GEORGOUS now. Upgraded mattress, beautiful bedding, a very luch renovation.

We are also not fans of the sofabeds for additional guests. No matter how fabulouse the sofabed is said to be.....it will always be a sofabed. Now that's just our opinion.

We vote for the Inn....hands down. You will be knocked over with the lush accommodations.

Your kids might also love the Beach Club with Stormalong Bay. It is a 5-7 minute walk or a short boat ride away.
Either one will be hard to get a villa at that time. I know we booked ours in January and there is a waitlist for the DVC point stays--not sure about cash bookings.
To respond to above post:
The villas are in the process of being rehabbed. Our room for our May stay had not been done yet. The sofa had a couple spots on it, but everything else was perfect. The rehab was beginning then and should run throughout the year. I think they are stopping in December to meet high occupancy demand and resuming and finishing early 2010. Probably 90-95% of guests in the last year have been pleased with their room. There must be a couple bad rooms that everyone who gets reports, but most are great.

From what I have read, if you are not a DVC member and staying at the Villas on a daily rate, you do get daily maid service.

This is correct, if you are staying thru a reservation thru disney vs using points or renting points, you do get daily maid service. It is a kitchenette, w/microwave, fridge, sink coffee maker. We stayed last year, you wouldnt get a boardwalk view as those are given to dvc members (or I should say given to them first, so it's highly unlikely) we overlooked the pool

We just got back from the Boardwalk Inn last month. If it was me, I would book the Inn. For our family the microwave wasn't worth it for us. We need 2 beds. Also, the Inn has just been totally refurbed and looks great. You do get a fridge in the Inn. We've never stayed at the BWV but have stayed at VWL. The kids did not like the pull out sofa. But, my kids are older than yours and can't sleep together, so one of them had to sleep on the floor the one night we were there. When I look at pictures of BWV on Allerars.net, it just doesn't look as nice to me as the Inn does.

OP - do you mind if I ask the dates of your conference? I know that BWI is a conference hotel. We are booked there Dec. 1 - 8. I'm just wondering how full it will be.

Thanks for all of your replies. I'm still undecided. I don't mind the pull-out sofa since our 5yo DD usually sleeps with us when we are travelling and 2yo will hopefully sleep in the crib. I would love to have a nice view of Epcot and see the fireworks at night. Do I have a better chance with the Inn? Can you request a room with better view?

Kathy Y - Our conference will be from 12/4 to 12/6, but I don't know if there are any other conferences.

Thanks for all of your replies. I'm still undecided. I don't mind the pull-out sofa since our 5yo DD usually sleeps with us when we are travelling and 2yo will hopefully sleep in the crib. I would love to have a nice view of Epcot and see the fireworks at night. Do I have a better chance with the Inn? Can you request a room with better view?

Kathy Y - Our conference will be from 12/4 to 12/6, but I don't know if there are any other conferences.

If you are booking through CRO, the chances of getting an Epcot view at BWV is slim, most of the cash reservations get pool/garden. Although there are some studios that face the Village Green, which is the area between the Villas and the Inn that you may request. At the Inn, some of the standard views have a view of Epcot and fireworks, request courtyard view.

The Inn was completely renovated last year, the Villas are currently getting renovated, I believe it is scheduled to be completed in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter