Boardwalk Question for First timer

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Hi just grabbed a long weekend at the Boardwalk for December. Last minute trip we want to go for the holidays and love epcot at the holidays.
listen to podcasts and people love the Boardwalk so I am very excited
Never stayed at the Boardwalk before and decided to watch a few YouTube videos to learn more. The first few videos I saw said the hotel was kind of run down and old.
For the price we got it’s was much less expensive than Yacht and Beach and don’t plan on being at the room too much bur also don’t want to stay in someplace that feels old, would we be better off in the Swan or Dolphin for even less? I’m not crazy about Swan and Dolphin as they just arent Disney to me. But also if I’m going to save a significant amount and the Swan and Dolphin are on the same par as Boardwalk I’ll save the money and do a ridiculous overpriced dinner somewhere for the extra savings LOL..
I was so excited to get the Boardwalk as I heard good things
we are in the hotel side not the DVC side by the way.
any input.

Hi just grabbed a long weekend at the Boardwalk for December. Last minute trip we want to go for the holidays and love epcot at the holidays.
listen to podcasts and people love the Boardwalk so I am very excited
Never stayed at the Boardwalk before and decided to watch a few YouTube videos to learn more. The first few videos I saw said the hotel was kind of run down and old.
For the price we got it’s was much less expensive than Yacht and Beach and don’t plan on being at the room too much bur also don’t want to stay in someplace that feels old, would we be better off in the Swan or Dolphin for even less? I’m not crazy about Swan and Dolphin as they just arent Disney to me. But also if I’m going to save a significant amount and the Swan and Dolphin are on the same par as Boardwalk I’ll save the money and do a ridiculous overpriced dinner somewhere for the extra savings LOL..
I was so excited to get the Boardwalk as I heard good things
we are in the hotel side not the DVC side by the way.
any input.
Room to room comparison I don’t see much to justify BWI over Swolphin at this time. BWI is in desperate need of it’s already announced refurbishment but Disney has yet to actually start the construction. BWI is a shorter boat ride/walk to EP, will let you charge to MB and the bus for MK goes straight to park instead of TTC like Swolphin’s. But that’s rather it…

We love the Boardwalk, it is our favorite resort. With that said, yes, it is in need of refurbishment; however, the Swan and Dolphin are no joyride. We have stayed in both and have had issues. The rooms smelled badly of mildew, and the halls as well as the rooms were in need of updating/clean up. I would go with the Boardwalk for the experience, if I were you. Who knows, you may get a great room, but even the worst, isn't that bad. Also, if you have a problem, complain. They are very proactive with any issues you may have. Have fun!

I've had terrible luck with BWI - we've stayed there at least four times and each time have had very, bad noise issues. There was also a flood in the hallway during one stay. I've had much better luck on the villas side of the resort. I also do not like the restaurant set-up at the resort. If it is raining, it is quite a pain to have to go out on the Boardwalk to get QS, TS, etc. I much prefer BC/YC if staying in a WDW in the EP area. That being said, Swan is now my go-to in the area. Does it feel "Disney" - no, but we save a substantial amount of money staying there and earn Marriott Bonvoy points as well. I have had zero issues at Swan and find the staff to be incredibly nice and helpful. I would personally pick Swan over BWI. If you can swing it, reserve a resort view room with a balcony and ask for a view of Epcot - we had a straight on view of Spaceship Earth last year for the cost of about $350 a night. It was really nice. Even many of the "no view" rooms have a great view of Hollywood Studios.

The question to ask yourself is "What will FEEL Disney enough for me?"

The times we've booked a cheaper room to save some money, the stay felt less-Disney.

Stay where your dreams want to be is my advice. Heart-wishes are a big factor in feeling it's Disney enough, IMO.

As ever, YMMV.

Stayed at BWI once, only because it was the only thing available. Wasn’t keen on it going in.

Absolutely loved it.

Swan is nice too, but has a decidedly “corporate” feel to it.

If your main focus this trip is EPCOT, the BWI location is superior.

Are the rooms in need of a refurb? They most absolutely are! But the resort as a whole is just so pretty w/ such a great vibe to it that the what the room looks like doesn't even matter much. Everything else about the BWI is near perfect to me. Especially the quiet pool on the Inn side.....oh to be there right now....sigh.....

Keep your BWV reservation! It is showing its age, however it is all about location, location, location. We were there in May and will be again in November. A five minute boat ride to the International Gate, are you kidding? Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter