Boardwalk Pool Clown

Clown gave my wife nightmares, and I could never convince her to stay there, even during Epcot Food and Wine... this will likely be a game changer as far as she is concerned. The creepy clown theme was just too much of a turnoff for her.

Like Wakey above, I for the life of me could never understand why the painted image of a clown would determine whether of not a person would consider staying at a resort---except my wife of 44 years would absolutely not consider. When I mentioned they are tearing it down, her comment was once it is totally gone she would consider staying there (her favorite event at WDW is the flower and garden). Oh well, after 44 years I have learned there are some things just not worth arguing about.

Last edited:
I'm going to miss the clown! Whenever I saw him, I was sitting by the pool, relaxing, with a Mai Tai in my hand and chatting with DH. He only represented happiness to me! I always say that only very rarely does Disney disappoint me, so hopefully I will like whatever new thing is coming next.

Didn't know there were so many ppl who had Clourophobia :) - we really like the clown slide. I'm sorry to see it go-- particularly if it means ppl are going to try and stay there more often making it harder to get our rooms of choice!!!

Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia” or literally “a fear of someone who walks on stilts,” is the unofficial word for the irrational fear of clowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter