Boardwalk, Polynesian, or SS?

eplcreel

Earning My Ears
Just curious on everyone's opinion about where to stay. I've never stayed and any of these three resorts and would love to hear some others feedback.

Thanks

I like to focus on transportation benefits at the deluxe resorts and how much convenience it would bring me. So to me it depends on what your focus is and are you interested in a split stay? If you can split I love an MK resort and an EP resort, best of both worlds- but splitting isn’t for everyone. If you have young kids and your focus is MK, Poly might make the most sense. If you have an older crew more into Epcot and DHS, or park hopper tickets with plans to spend evenings in EP, then the friendship boats to EP and DHS might be of more interest. SSR might be the cheaper option of the 3, while it doesn’t have good park access it does have boat access to Disney Springs if you see yourself going there often it might be a better bet.

Just curious on everyone's opinion about where to stay. I've never stayed and any of these three resorts and would love to hear some others feedback.
When are you planing to visit as the Poly has some major construction on the side of the resort toward the GF that will be ongoing until Fall 2024?

They are building a new DVC Tower right next to 3 longhouses.

@gottalovepluto is right about location & transportation being key. What parks is your group focusing on? BW is great for Epcot and HS, great food options and multiple transportation options.

SSR is a little more spread out and is great for non park days but an easy hop Disney springs...

ETA: Still learning to spell.

Dave

Last edited:
Poly is one of our favorites, but I'm not sure I'd stay there during construction.

We've never stayed at BW, but it's in an excellent location. You can walk to EP and DHS from there.

We didn't care for SSR (stayed there once). It's very big and bus-dependent (we don't like using the buses). Of course you can always Uber/Lyft or Minnie Van there...

We like SSR, but really feel that it is best for non-park days and for visits to Disney Springs (or if you have access to a car). Transportation is not great, IMHO. The BW and the Poly are convenient to the MK and EC. But I know there is construction at the Poly, which doesn’t necessarily rule it out, but it’s something to consider. I know there was some construction over near the BW (replacing the ESPN Club), but I don’t know the current status of that; it may not be an issue. I would try to determine what you plan for the week and book accordingly. It really can help to save time.

Poly is my choice because of theming and proximity to MK. I spend most of my life park time at MK, and I always have a rental car to drive to the other three parks.

I think I would go with BW. There are a couple of reasons. First the proximity to Epcot and HS. Second besides having a wonderful resort to enjoy you also have the added benefit of the actual Boardwalk. It really is a wonderful place and when they are finished refurbishing the rooms it will be even better. Plus there are so many restaurants to choose from when you are right next to the World Showcase.

I would personally rule out SS right off the bat. I haven't stayed there so I while I have nothing negative to say about it, the transportation options to the parks are just not ideal for me. If you're planning on spending a lot of time at DS, though, it might be more appealing to you. But for me, SS is not exactly comparable to the others.

Choosing between BW and Poly is a tougher call, but under current circumstances I would choose BW, *particularly* if you can get a boardwalk-view room (actually, I DID choose BW when adding a night to our upcoming stay! I LOVE that view), because the current construction at Poly is pretty heavy. There is also construction at BW, but I don't think it's quite as much. I love the ability to walk to two parks from Boardwalk, plus you have the boat and skyliner, and there are just so many convenient dining options when you stay on Crescent Lake. So easy to eat anywhere at Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin, or to pop into Epcot for a meal.

I haven't stayed at SS, and it's never on my radar because it's a bus to everything. I've stayed at the Poly and the BWI, and my current favorite is BWI. Although I'm an MK all the way kind of gal, most of my party likes Epcot, and I've got to say I love being able to pop in for dinner in the WS (obviously, you need park hopper tickets). BWI is also less expensive/more likely to get a discount code.

Boardwalk, Boardwalk, Boardwalk.

Perfect resort to have 2 resorts walking distances and a Skyway to 4 others. Can't beat it

Even MK is a Monorail (front of Epcot) away, which means a boat ride to Wilderness Lodge.

When my kiddo was small - Poly all the way as we spent the bulk of our time in MK. Now that she's older, My vote is Boardwalk - a lot more options with multiple modes of transportation.

I spent a few nights at BWV a few months ago and loved it. For me, it was a great location and I was able to take afternoon breaks pretty easily. I used the boats mostly to go to Epcot and HS while there. My next trip in 2024 will be at SSR for 5 nights and I'm kind of looking forward to it. The BWV in my price range was not available this time but variety is the spice of life. I know it's less desired, so it seems. But, it has a lot of amenities and I like the proximity to Springs because I'd like to explore there more this trip.

I also don't feel like I have to cram as much in this trip as I did last time (11 year gap) so I am telling myself the bus system won't be too bad. I just plan stuff an hour earlier than I would have at BWV. Now with Skyliner between Epcot and HS, it's convenient to park hop while out and about.

I would say Boardwalk. It’s a great location for DHS and Epcot and the theming is great. We really like the pool and being able to walk right out to the Boardwalk. I have stayed at the Poly twice and don’t love it. It always feels too small and dark to me. The landscaping is lovely, though.

This topic comes up frequently on here. Where to stay depends mostly on your budget, what you think of each resort's theming which tends to be very subjective and which parks you will visit the most. Staying at one of the monorail resorts makes it easy to get to MK. But if I was mostly going to Epcot/DHS I would rather stay someplace closer to those parks.

Thanks
Just did a split stay between poly and boardwalk. Poly was worlds better! We stayed on the DVC side so we weren’t effected or even noticed any of the construction. The room was immaculate. It set the bar very high that boardwalk was awful in comparison. The room was so dated! It was great to have the monorail for Epcot and MK from poly and the boat for Epcot and HS from the boardwalk. What parks you’re mainly going to I guess could be a deciding factor. For us, the quality of the room poly a thousand times over boardwalk

We just love the Poly. The theming and location are great. The studios are noticeably bigger than any other on property. They were recently refreshed and it shows. We are heading back to the Poly in 10 days and can’t wait!

I appreciate all the responses. So far what I have figured out is that SS is off the list. DD is turning 21 so I actually thing BW and easy walking home after her tour around Epcot is probably ideal lol. I think one day I'll save up and once my DD has a family of her own take everyone to the Poly as I think it's access to MK would be well worth it.

Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter