BoardWalk or Contemporary?

ContemporaryGirl

<font color=0000FF>I can see clearly now!!<br><fon
Somebody help!! Booked Concierge 14th floor Contemporary for the spring, we stayed there a few years ago before and loved it and thought it would be fun to do the full Concierge. But now maybe having a change of heart........kids are older and maybe thinking about switching reservations over to the Boardwalk. Can anyone that has stayed at the Boardwalk or maybe even at both the Boardwalk and the Contemporary give me any info that might help us decide which way to go? We know alot about the Contemporary but have never seen the Boardwalk Resort, and do not know anything about it.............Pictures would be a great help!!! Appreciate any information!!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I have never stayed at the Comtemporary, but have stayed at BWI and BWV the last 2 visits (11/2000, 8/2002). Those years my DS was 11/13 and fell in love with the BW area - next year I'll be taking all the kids back 25/23/14 and will stay at BWV again just for the location. The kids can easily get to MGM and Epcot without buses and love the nightlife in the area - since we'll be there off season, Epcot is the park open the latest where we usually spend most of our evenings. Lots of places to eat (B&C is a favorite for us) - the BW pool and slide is a hit with my DS - he also loves going down to ESPN for the arcade. When my kids were little I loved getting "away" from the parks (FW/CB) at the end of the day, now I love being in the middle of everything so they can get around by themselves (which after "so much" time with mom and dad is what they look forward to!) There are great pics on this site & here are some pics from Deb Wills site, too: http://www.wdwig.com/g_bwi.htm - a great choice to have to make - I don't think you can go wrong either way!

hav'in done both (conceirge)...I love'em both! I think it depends just where you want to stay...or in other words...which park(s) you want to be the handiest too. The BWI's biggest advantage (in our minds) is the ease of walking to both MGM and Epcot...great for walking into world showcase for dinner! I don't think you can go wrong with either! :)

I love the BWI, and also the YC. The location is great, the rooms are very nice, the views are terrific, there are tons of food choices, etc. The only reason we don't stay in that area every time we go is because our kids are so young. If they were older, we would definitely choose an Epcot resort over a MK resort. :)

We've stayed at the Contemporary several times. Couldn't imagine not having the luxury of walking to the Magic Kingdom. Last February, however, we tried something different. I organized a family trip for 17 people. With several families involved the hotel and room category we usually book was not possible for all due to expense. The most sensible option for everyone was to book at the Dolphin at very attractive rates. Although your post concerns Boardwalk and not the Dolphin, I just has to tell you that staying in the Epcot area was a revelation!!! We had a ball!!! You could walk to Epcot, hop on a boat to MGM, there was always something to do. You don't say how old your children are, but that "always something to do" element is key!!! We looked at BWI and YC while there and they are lovely! Our future stays (hope there are lots!) will be at either of these. Give the BWI a try!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter