Boardwalk Inn to Epcot main entrance

this would be correct, we do not have a ticket to Epcot so we cannot enter until we meet up with the wedding party.
I am thinking the boat to HS and bus to Epcot will be our best option. We will have a private area for a dessert party near UK so walking back to the Boardwalk afterwards is no big deal, it's just getting there. I am thinking at least 45 minutes to an hour for the boat and bus option.
Do a rideshare, it will cost less than $10 and you won't mess up your clothes or arrive hot and sweaty. You could have to stand on the boat/bus and you never know, a small (or not so small) child could accidentally spill something on you. I wouldn't risk it for such a minimal amount of money. Or even a taxi if you don't trust Uber or Lyft. The doorman or bell services CM at Boardwalk can call a taxi for you.

Is there even a bus to Epcot from HS? There a walking path, boat, Skyliner already. I would just ride share in a nice ac car instead of dealing with Disney transportation.
In the Before Times, there was a bus that ran between DHS and the front entrance of Epcot. I believe it came back at some point after reopening.

We will have a private area for a dessert party near UK so walking back to the Boardwalk afterwards is no big deal, it's just getting there. I am thinking at least 45 minutes to an hour for the boat and bus option.
Not what you asked, but just a heads up that after private parties such as weddings they often make you walk back to the entrance as a group so that guests who don't have tickets don't get a free day in the park. Hopefully they would let you detour to leave via the IG, but it's not guaranteed.

As far as your original question, I would 100% get a rideshare, or if you're not comfortable with uber or lyft the hotel can call you a taxi. Boat and bus sounds miserable in dress clothes and stressful when you're on a strict schedule for an event. (Ask me how I know... 😉)

Thank you so much for all the responses. We won't be in wedding guest attire as the wedding/reception is over at 3:30pm. This is an added event the bride and groom booked for their guests. We will be in comfy clothes and shoes. I believe we will do a ride share. Thank you all again

Thank you so much for all the responses. We won't be in wedding guest attire as the wedding/reception is over at 3:30pm. This is an added event the bride and groom booked for their guests. We will be in comfy clothes and shoes. I believe we will do a ride share. Thank you all again
Excellent call 👏 The day will be long enough as it is, be nice to yourselves!

... Boat and bus sounds miserable in dress clothes and stressful when you're on a strict schedule for an event. (Ask me how I know... 😉)
The most miserable groups of people I’ve seen at Disney are the wedding parties trudging through EP in full blown wedding attire. Like, if looks could kill- many bridal parties wouldn’t exist by the end of that bridge into France! I felt the worst for the crew I raced past on their way to I assume IT (as we crossed in Morrocco) as I rushed back to BWI after an early dinner to beat a huge storm that didn’t stop all that night once it started about 20 mins later.

I’m glad OP’s group has more sense!

Last edited:

FYI, there is a park hopping bus from DHS to the Epcot front entrance (and from the Epcot front entrance to DHS).

I admit I did have to check that as it’s one of those things that you’d think wouldn’t exist, but it does.
Thanks! I knew there was one before the Covid closure but couldn’t remember for sure whether it had returned!

Is there even a bus to Epcot from HS? There a walking path, boat, Skyliner already. I would just ride share in a nice ac car instead of dealing with Disney transportation.
Yes,always been a Route from Epcot front to DHS and vice versa.

Otherwise all Hopping between Epcot and DHS would have to go through International Gateway so Disney gives Hoppers the option to access either Epcot Gate from DHS and hop to DHS via either Gate.

When Guests were not allowed to enter a second Park until 2:00 PM the Route started at 1:30 PM,but now that Guests can hop at anytime,the Route starts at 10:00 AM.

So this idea popped in to my head, is there a bus from the Boardwalk Inn to the Epcot main entrance?

We are attending a wedding and dessert party and need to meet at the main entrance of EPCOT. How would you get from the Boardwalk Inn to Epcot main entrance? I know we can walk to the international gateway but we cannot enter through that entrance. TIA
Get a Minnie Van and arrive in style!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter