Boardwalk Inn to Epcot main entrance

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
We are attending a wedding and dessert party and need to meet at the main entrance of EPCOT. How would you get from the Boardwalk Inn to Epcot main entrance? I know we can walk to the international gateway but we cannot enter through that entrance. TIA

Uber/rideshare is likely the best option, but I’d first ask the planner. What is planned at Epcot entrance?

You could take BW bus to MK, transfer to the TTC monorail, then transfer to Epcot monorail but that can eat a considerable amount of time. There’s not a good option that’s direct.

Walk,Boat,or Skyliner to DHS and Bus from DHS to Epcot front would be another option.

But I would definitely seriously consider RS.

I would take an Uber/ Lyft. Simple, easy, no logistics and timely. As a Plan B, I would walk to DHS (10 mins), take a bus to EP and walk to the main entrance.

Where do you pick up the festival passport booklet

Do we have to mask in the airports and on planes? As you can see from my post, we ahve not flown in a while. Thanks!

Uber/rideshare is likely the best option, but I’d first ask the planner. What is planned at Epcot entrance?

You could take BW bus to MK, transfer to the TTC monorail, then transfer to Epcot monorail but that can eat a considerable amount of time. There’s not a good option that’s direct.

Rideshare. Trudging through a theme park in wedding clothes more than you need to is a hard pass for me.
We are attending a dessert party for the wedding couple and will be met at the main entrance to get in to EPCOT.
Will Uber/Lyft drop off where the busses are?

We are attending a dessert party for the wedding couple and will be met at the main entrance to get in to EPCOT.
Will Uber/Lyft drop off where the busses are?
Not quite but everyone from the buses ends up with everyone from the parking lot/rideshare area to go through security. Everybody goes through security prior to getting tickets out to enter the park as that entry is completely separate.

Where do ride shares drop off? I am very familiar with the bus area at Epcot. Thank you

I'm actually surprised you can't walk to the front entrance from Beach Club. It seems like it'd be a short walk but they probably don't want to walk past a lot of the back of house areas that aren't very picturesque or themed at all.

I assume you will not have a pass yet to get into Epcot until you meet your party at the front entrance? If that's the case, then the easiest method would probably be to simply walk or take the boat to Hollywood studios, then hop the Epcot bus.

If you actually have a pass for the parks already - but just want to enter with the wedding party - you could enter at the International Gateway and just walk through the park to the front entrance, walk out and meet everyone, and just re-enter.

Our son and DIL often do fancy dinners at EPCOT and wear part of the outfit in. We are usually at Boardwalk Villas so this is as easy as possible. It is still a mile walk and often hot.

Our son wears comfy shoes and carries his jacket on his arm so it doesn't wrinkle. Our DIL wears sneakers, bike shorts and a casual dress and then slips on the dress attire in a restroom just before they go to eat. They carry a backpack for shoes, tie and her dress (one that doesn't wrinkle). I can't think of another location where they would do this LOL!

However you get there enjoy!

I assume you will not have a pass yet to get into Epcot until you meet your party at the front entrance? If that's the case, then the easiest method would probably be to simply walk or take the boat to Hollywood studios, then hop the Epcot bus.
this would be correct, we do not have a ticket to Epcot so we cannot enter until we meet up with the wedding party.
I am thinking the boat to HS and bus to Epcot will be our best option. We will have a private area for a dessert party near UK so walking back to the Boardwalk afterwards is no big deal, it's just getting there. I am thinking at least 45 minutes to an hour for the boat and bus option.

I'd probably give it an hour to be safe - the actual boat and bus trip shouldn't be longer than 45 minutes, but waiting for a boat or bus if you just missed the last one could easily add 20 minutes.

If you have comfortable walking shoes, the walk from Boardwalk to the DHS bus stops is only about 10-12 minutes (the walking path hits the bus stop before you even get to the theme park)....probably not a great option if you're wearing formal shoes or heels though.

Uber might come in handy too. They’ll pick you up in front of BW lobby and drop off:
IMG_0652.jpeg
Still a bit of a walk to Epcot but not more than boat/bus combo, and it would save alot of time.

this would be correct, we do not have a ticket to Epcot so we cannot enter until we meet up with the wedding party.
I am thinking the boat to HS and bus to Epcot will be our best option. We will have a private area for a dessert party near UK so walking back to the Boardwalk afterwards is no big deal, it's just getting there. I am thinking at least 45 minutes to an hour for the boat and bus option.
If there is not a FriendShip at or close to the BW Dock when you get there I personally would do a little extra walking and hop on Skyliner.

Mainly just because I LOVE Skyliner! :)

My rec would be to Uber over, especially if it's an important event like a wedding. If there's a whole crowd maybe some other couples going to the wedding would want to go over in a Minnie Van that you could fit 6 people total in and break up the cost that way. I'm sure if you call the Uber early enough you could be early but this seems like the kind of thing I would hate to be late for.

Have the host contact Disney. Find out if a voucher or guest services can facilitate entry at the international Gateway.

Otherwise I go with the suggestion to share a Minnie Van

Is there even a bus to Epcot from HS? There a walking path, boat, Skyliner already. I would just ride share in a nice ac car instead of dealing with Disney transportation.
That’s my question also. With the other options, I kind of doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter