Boardwalk entertainment?

I hope it comes back, but I wouldn't be surprised if WDW does not bring it back as another way to cut cost:(

Add on: I am talking about the buskers and not the games. We enjoyed them a lot.

Last edited:

The Boardwalk games have been open since around Memorial Day, but not every evening.

They need more foot traffic on the boardwalk at night for the games to be open every night and to hire buskers if they return. It should pick when the BWI opens on July 2nd.

Dave

No. Just some of the kiosks with booze were open.
Someone had posted that Boardwalk Joe’s has the spiked Dole whip, and I was looking at a menu to verify, and saw they were selling White Claws for $10!!! That’s almost the price of a 12-pack! 😵 Yeah, they totally can’t afford to bring the juggler back……..ugghhh.

The pricing of alcohol products is an attempt to limit consumption on Disney property. You could always go to the Speedway Gas station in front of the BWI. Or the Fuel at the Dolphin (first floor).

Dave

The pricing of alcohol products is an attempt to limit consumption on Disney property. You could always go to the Speedway Gas station in front of the BWI. Or the Fuel at the Dolphin (first floor).

Dave
I agree, in part. The prices make it very expensive for people to get drunk and therefore you can hopefully avoid some of the issues that come along with drunk people. Folks simply would rather have alcohol shipped to their hotels or buy off property to get blasted drunk.

However, the part where I disagree with you, respectfully, is that everything sold at WDW is sold a premium. After all, a bottle of Dasani water is $3.50 (if I recall correctly). That's about the cost of a case of bottled Dasani water at my local grocery store. And, I have a hunch that WDW buys their bottled water at a deeper discount than my local grocery store given the volume served at WDW on a daily basis and their long-term partnership with Coca-Cola Company. Alcohol is going to be treated similarly from a mark-up standpoint.

Plus, this country has a serious issue with alcohol consumption and abuse. I'm not some Ned Flanders. I drink alcoholic beverages too. But, it feels like alcohol consumption rates, publicly, are on the rise.

And, I have a hunch that WDW buys their bottled water at a deeper discount than my local grocery store given the volume served at WDW on a daily basis and their long-term partnership with Coca-Cola Company.
This example fails to consider the issue is not the volume purchased but the impled and actual costs of transportation, delivery, distribution and storage at 1000's of locations at WDW. Not you driving to your nearest grocery store or even ordering delivery to your house.

Have you priced delivery of "water" or alcohol to your resort vs your local grocery store pricing and you deciding your are thirsty, driving to purchase it at your local store and take it home to consume?

Disney does still offer free glasses of water on request just not alcohol.

:offtopic: :chat: :duck:

Dave

We have been to the BWV three times since WDW reopened last July. Our most recent visit was two weeks ago. While all the entertainment is not back, we all commented that it was really good to see that area coming back to life. There were lots of people around in the evenings, and it was nice to sit and people watch again.

I was really just grousing about the entertainment being gone…🙄
My apologies. I should know better. Hopefully soon, the entertainment will come back. As the PP noted, more and more people are visiting the Boardwalk area and BWI will be opening soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter