• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Bakery Closing/Reopening Dates?

I’m staying in May 2023 and am wondering the odds it might be open during my stay.
Well the Boardwalk Bakery will become a sandwich shop, no other details were mentioned. The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers (new table-service restaurant and bakery) is taking over the former ESPN Club. Cake Bake Shop will open sometime in 2023. Based on the menus from the other locations....it's looking like $15+ slices of cake.... Assuming the Boardwalk Bakery will close once The Cake Bake Shop opens....but who knows.

Well the Boardwalk Bakery will become a sandwich shop, no other details were mentioned. The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers (new table-service restaurant and bakery) is taking over the former ESPN Club. Cake Bake Shop will open sometime in 2023. Based on the menus from the other locations....it's looking like $15+ slices of cake.... Assuming the Boardwalk Bakery will close once The Cake Bake Shop opens....but who knows.
That's some high dollar cake!

I'm somewhat confused about this change. Will the Boardwalk Bakery close at some point? Then at some point will it reopen, but not selling baked goods, as it does now, but only sandwiches and things like that? And will this new Cake Bake shop take up all that a sweet tooth desires, supposedly? Who's selling my newly discovered doodle muffins? I had them on my last trip (couldn't decide what to get, the line behind me was antsy, so I just said "Oh, give me a "doodle muffin-that's a cute name"). They're so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter