• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk area for the evening

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I have never visited the Boardwalk area before, but thought it might be nice to check it out on our next trip in February. I was thinking we would head over there after a DHS day. My first question would be what would be the best way to get there from DHS? (walk, boat, bus? We will have a double stroller!)
What would you recommend to do there? (kids are 8, 3, and 1)
Places to eat that are a must?
How much time should we plan on spending there?
Thanks!

Walk or boat either are fine from DHS, I don't believe there's bus transportation. The walk is probably 15 minutes, boat can be slightly less or slightly longer depending on your wait. There's a few food options, personally we love flying fish but it is signature dining (we recently did the Chef's tasting there and it was amazing - http://thedisneywineblog.com/2015/07/19/chefs-tasting-at-flying-fish/). The pizza window we also enjoy as something more casual. There's also ESPN, a brew-pub, and Trattoria al Forno, all of which are good.

As far as how much time that entirely depends, starting around sunset there's event entertainers along the boardwalk, we've spent anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours just hanging out and enjoying the boardwalk at night after dinner.

We only passed through it once while checking out the december decorations and gingerbread carousel that was there. It was later so to use it was just some snack shops and we were headed to dinner so we didn't get anything. It is a resort if you want to bring your drink cups if you have them to refill. I couldn't tell you what else is there, but the little circle of resorts was a nice walk to explore and see what they were like. We're from the NYC/NJ area so to us it was a small version of what we have all summer long at home, it was nice though!

We started at epcot boating to it from international gateway and then walking back around having dinner at beach club then boated to HS to catch a bus to our resort.. The boat from HS or a walk (it might be a little far for younger one) is one way there. depending on time you might wait awhile for a few boats until there is room for you. If you want to bus it over, use AK, MK or DTD to switch buses to it. Dont' do epcot, you'll need a ticket and the long walk to the back exit to get to that resort area.

We like to walk there from either park, the boat can be really slow, and the walk at a slow pace, maybe 15 mins. The boat stops at Swan and Dolphin, then Beach Club before BW.
We like ESPN Club for lunch or dinner. Beaches and Cream which is just a 10 min walk from BW is good too, but get a ressie if you go here. At night they have magic and juggling acts that are fun to watch.

Hello,

I have never visited the Boardwalk area before, but thought it might be nice to check it out on our next trip in February. I was thinking we would head over there after a DHS day. My first question would be what would be the best way to get there from DHS? (walk, boat, bus? We will have a double stroller!)
What would you recommend to do there? (kids are 8, 3, and 1)
Places to eat that are a must?
How much time should we plan on spending there?
Thanks!
The Boardwalk at night is one of our favorite relaxed night time activities. After a day at DHS my kids and I prefer to take the boat! You'll be able to roll the stroller right onto the boat. It is not the speediest for of transportation but it is nice to feel the breeze and sit for a little while. We were so lucky to see an eagle fly over us as we were passing between the Boardwalk and the Swan/Dolphin. At that time there was a nest on top of the Swan/Dolphin. Very cool! We get off the boat at the Swan/Dolphin and then cross the bridge to the Boardwalk. The reason we do that is because the boat goes from Hollywood Studios to the Swan/Dolphin then the Yacht Club Marina, Epcot and then the Boardwalk! It is much quicker to just pop over the bridge. You'll end up at the end of the Boardwalk by the Atlantic Dance Hall. We like to enjoy the entertainment at night on the Boardwalk - magicians and other entertainers. Depending on our mood we might eat at ESPN Club or Big River Grille - neither of which take ADRs. We have also just snacked around the Boardwalk - there is BoardWalk to Go with your usual boardwalk fare of fried foods (get the mac n cheese bites!),the BoardWalk Pizza window (my kids like it), BoardWalk Bakery (good sandwiches or treats) and our favorite Seashore Sweets for ice cream cones! I'd plan on spending a few hours. Please be cognizant of the time DHS closes as you'll need to take the boat back to DHS in order to get a bus to your resort! Enjoy!

This is a must do.

The ambiance is beautiful and quite a bit of entertainment on the piers.

Lots of good restaurants/food and some nice shops as well to check out.

Can anyone tell me if the performers are on the boardwalk every evening? I have read that it is only Thursday through Saturday. We will be there on a Wednesday and really wanted to see them.

Can anyone tell me if the performers are on the boardwalk every evening? I have read that it is only Thursday through Saturday. We will be there on a Wednesday and really wanted to see them.
Oooh, I'd like to know this too. My kids LOVE the Boardwalk in the evening and we planned to go after Illuminations at EPCOT but we are only going to be in EPCOT on a Wednesday night. My daughters will be disappointed if the performers are not there.
On the food front, my kids just wanted the pizza. It was fine. Most of the other restaurants looked pretty busy anyway.
And you can either walk if you still have the energy or take a boat from DHS.

The performers are one of the highlights of our trips. The kids and DH love the show. They have been frequently pulled in. Coney Island Chris has a facebook page with his schedule on it.

I like the boardwalk at night and highly recommend walking along the boat canal from DHS to Boardwalk. I try to make that walk (or run one morning) every trip. It is usually quiet and is a way to get away from the crowds for a short time. It isn't far at all, even on the hottest day.

We are staying at the Contemporary and are considering a stop at the Boardwalk for dinner. What would be the best way to get there? Monorail to TTC and then to one of the Epcot resorts? Do you know how long the trip might take?

We are staying at the Contemporary and are considering a stop at the Boardwalk for dinner. What would be the best way to get there? Monorail to TTC and then to one of the Epcot resorts? Do you know how long the trip might take?
There are no resort buses at the TTC. From the Contemporary, just walk over to the MK bus depot and catch a BW bus there.

Take a cab from CR to BW, so much easier than Disney transportation. We took a cab from the Poly to YC and I think it took 6-8min and cost $15.00.

I checked the date stamp on my Boardwalk pictures from May and the juggler was there on a Monday.

There are no resort buses at the TTC. From the Contemporary, just walk over to the MK bus depot and catch a BW bus there.

Quickest way to get to any resort from the CR except the other MK resorts, of course!

My 7 yo DD loved going at night and watching the performers. My 2 yo got bored quickly, but would watch a bit. If a boat is at the dock (or approaching), I would take theboat, otherwise I would walk.

I visited the Boardwalk area for the first time this past week!

We had dinner at Trattorina al Forno and nobody in my party really cared for it. And if you want to visit the Boardwalk Bakery, they've got great stuff, but it is a bakery after all and the later into the night you go, the less treats will be available. If you're just looking for a place to eat and relax, it's a great place to spend an evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter