Boardwalk 1 bedroom Stay

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
We have never stayed at BWV before. We have the opportunity to change our early May reservation from BLT to BWV in a one bedroom. I am concerned about the renovation. Not that renovations will be taking place around us but the possibility of getting an non-refurbished room. I am sure no one knows definitively but do you all think the pool/garden view one bedrooms will all be updated by end of April/early May? If it was your family (just me and DH) would you make the switch or just stay at BLT?

The resort should be mostly done at that point; so it will be hard to get a non-refurbed room. I like both BW and BLT, but it depends on which parks we're focused on for our trip. Now that my kids are getting more into HS, we'll be staying at BWV more.

We have never stayed at BWV before. We have the opportunity to change our early May reservation from BLT to BWV in a one bedroom. I am concerned about the renovation. Not that renovations will be taking place around us but the possibility of getting an non-refurbished room. I am sure no one knows definitively but do you all think the pool/garden view one bedrooms will all be updated by end of April/early May? If it was your family (just me and DH) would you make the switch or just stay at BLT?
Well, I have heard that BLT is also in need of refurbishing, so if you received a BWV that hasn’t been refurbished yet, you probably wouldn’t be any worse off.

I would think about where you plan to spend your time. If you have a lot of days scheduled for DHS and Epcot, BWV is very convenient. If you are spending more time at MK, or your time is equally divided between the parks BLT is fine. Both locations offer easy travel to other resorts by heading to the bus depots at either MK or DHS.

I have stayed in one bedroom villas at both properties. BLT can be a very different experience based on whether you are on the outside curve of the building vs the inside. The rooms on the outside have a wedge shape to them that gives you more space, where the rooms on the inside are more box shaped. The views on the outside are nicer in my opinion than the ones on the inside, which are more restrictive. We did like having the second bathroom at BLT.

BWV is built in the more traditional DVC style. There is only one bathroom, although having the tub separate from the shower room can help with getting ready. The villa itself feels smaller than the outer villas at BLT, but about the same as the inner villas. There is no standard balcony size. I have had two small balconies sometimes, and one long balcony sometimes. The kitchen is smaller than BLT, but adequate.

If it were me, I would probably go with BWV and the good chance of getting a refurbished room. I have not had a bad stay at either resort, and the ease of getting to two of the theme parks from BWV is a huge plus.

Thanks so much for the replies given thus far! We will only be spending 2 days before our Wish cruise and then spending a week at Riviera after the cruise which is one reason I was leaning toward keeping the BLT one bedroom which gives us a couple of days being near MK.

I do like the idea of more than likely receiving an updated villa if we stay at BW and as I said we have never stayed therefore.

It does not seem like we could go wrong either way.

Thanks so much for the replies given thus far! We will only be spending 2 days before our Wish cruise and then spending a week at Riviera after the cruise which is one reason I was leaning toward keeping the BLT one bedroom which gives us a couple of days being near MK.

I do like the idea of more than likely receiving an updated villa if we stay at BW and as I said we have never stayed therefore.

It does not seem like we could go wrong either way.
If you are spending most of your time at MK, I would keep the BLT reservation. You save so much time being able to walk to/from the park.

One thing I did not mention in my original post is that I had put in a waitlist for Beach Club about a month ago and it just came through! I panicked a bit when I received the email that my BLT reservation was cancelled. I logged in to the member site and saw that beautiful Beach Club confirmation!

Thanks again for all the comments and advice. Now we have BCV, Wish cruise and then Riviera. Perfect!!!!

One thing I did not mention in my original post is that I had put in a waitlist for Beach Club about a month ago and it just came through! I panicked a bit when I received the email that my BLT reservation was cancelled. I logged in to the member site and saw that beautiful Beach Club confirmation!

Thanks again for all the comments and advice. Now we have BCV, Wish cruise and then Riviera. Perfect!!!!
We just enjoyed BCV last week - the new soft refurb of the rooms there are so nice, especially the new Murphy Beds, if that might matter. It's absolutely one of our 2 favorite resorts at Disney. Not going to be as convenient for MK for you, but we feel it's so much nicer than BLT (just our opinion!).

We just enjoyed BCV last week - the new soft refurb of the rooms there are so nice, especially the new Murphy Beds, if that might matter. It's absolutely one of our 2 favorite resorts at Disney. Not going to be as convenient for MK for you, but we feel it's so much nicer than BLT (just our opinion!).
BCV is one of our absolute favorites as well! We will not go to the parks before our cruise. We are staying a week after the cruise at Riviera and mostly prefer Epcot and HS so this is perfect. I am so happy the waitlist came through and we look forward to seeing a refurbished BCV room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter