Boarding Guardians late with VQ

MainMom

DIS Veteran
I thought I read here they are allowing it, but does anyone know if it’s true for sure? I was too quick this morning and got boarding group 34. No way we are getting there after after evening hours at MK last night.

I’m not sure for Guardians, but with Rise you had an hour from the time your group was called. Sometimes they’d give leeway if you had a reservation for something else and couldn’t get there on time.

I thought I read here they are allowing it, but does anyone know if it’s true for sure? I was too quick this morning and got boarding group 34. No way we are getting there after after evening hours at MK last night.
I've heard one report of a CM telling a guest this but, the person was not putting it to the test so personally I would not risk it. As @nancipants shared, with Rise you have a small window if you can show an ADR receipt but other than that, some guests have been turned away. It may be that occasionally a CM may allow you to ride and you could ask when you arrive but with the knowledge you will likely be denied riding as you will be hours after your BG.

Update: Sorry, just rereading your message. Thought you wanted to arrive after MK tonight - d'oh! Not sure how late you will arrive after your actual time but please keep us updated as to when your window was and if you arrived during/after. This is a question that will come up often so actual experience information (as opposed to 'a CM told me') is very helpful. Thanks

Last edited:

My daughter who lives in Orlando may be testing that this morning.

She got BG 21 which said estimated boarding at 10:30. She planned to get to the park at about 9:30. While driving over she got a message that her group was called at 8:20 (before official park open) and she had to ride by 9:20.

She’s entering the parking lot now (8:55) and by the time she gets parked and into the park and to the ride it will be close to 9:20. I would expect she’d be able to get on if she’s a few minutes late, but she might find out.

9 AM update- she’s in a long line to get through security and into the park.

9:15 update- She made it to the ride so no information about late arrivals. But maybe a lesson about trying for a VQ if you aren’t planning to get to the park at or shortly after opening and being flexible enough to realize that your BG might be called significantly earlier (or later) than the estimate.

Last edited:
I'm intending to try for a boarding group at 7, then board a plane to Orlando. If I get a late group, cool. If not, I plan to tell the CMs I couldn't report from a plane. Will see what happens but I've showed up late multiple times with Remy after getting assigned to boarding groups that were called way before I could even get to the park.

Hi- we got a VQ (BG 33) for guardians today. When your boarding group is called, you have 30minutes to get to the ride.

We were VERY late for our boarding group time (long story), and they still let us in 6 hours after our group was called

They are specifically stating as you walk up, ”groups xx and less only, please”. They do not care as long as your group has been called. We had three this weekend and were late for two. We flashed blue instead of green when we tapped in for those and they just waved us in.

They have said since it opened that once your group has been called you are good to enter any time. There's been not limit. Can that change? Sure. For now they are not sticking with any 30 or 60 min windows

I know on Monday we entered well after our window due to dealing with flight issues. All they cared was that we had a valid group, once that was verified, we were allowed in

I got group 1 on Tuesday and didn't get to Epcot until 11:30am and still got on the ride. I went to Guest Relations to ask and all they said when I said I missed my virtual queue time, they said to go straight to the ride and they'll let me on, which they did with no questions asked. I just showed my expired virtual quee message to the cast member. I also had friends that got boarding group 20 and didn't get to the park until 5pm and they were also let on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter