Board the Ship

Would you cruise if there were no COVID restrictions?

• Yes

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 52.4%

• Total voters

Joe Brig

Mouseketeer
I'm curious to know how many people would cruise if DCL did temperature checks before boarding and increased cleaning but nothing else. No masks, no social distancing rules, back to 2019. Or do you need the restrictions to feel safe?

Last edited:
I'm curious to know how many people would cruise if DCL did temperature checks before boarding and increased cleaning but nothing else. No masks, no social distancing rules, back to 2019.
No. I wouldn't go on a cruise right now if no one were wearing masks while inside. There is too much close contact in enclosed spaces on a cruise for that to be in any way safe. It's impossible to allow 6 feet or even 3 feet of distance when passing people in the hallways, for instance.

I'm curious to know how many people would cruise if DCL did temperature checks before boarding and increased cleaning but nothing else. No masks, no social distancing rules, back to 2019. Or do you need the restrictions to feel safe?

Hell no!

I don’t even feel 100% safe with all the restrictions we have right now and they are pretty severe where I live.

Temperature checks (only) are not reliable.

I’ll travel/cruise when my family and I have been vaccinated.

Do you mean, if cruising were to start soon? No, I'd not be comfortable with no masks, social distancing. It'll never be like it was in 2019 again.

It's going to be months before there's any semblance of anything being like it used to be.

Last edited:
There is no evidence of that at all.

One thing that comes to mind is the rumor the buffets will no longer be self serve. Supposedly they were reworked while the ships were in Europe, but I think that remains to be confirmed.

I would not cruise with just temperature checks. They are worthless. You say more cleaning but.. to be honest I can't imagine more. The ships were already very clean (when the job was done properly... I admit I've had a couple staterooms that had things that were missed such as a half done vacuuming).

There is no evidence of that at all.
Quite a bit actually. New air filtration systems, increased medical staff on board, arrangements with ports for emergencies, are just some of the permanent changes that come to mind. And, yes, that's all a part of the guest experience (just as the buffets are) if your health is important to you.

I did it. I would not do it again while a virus was actively spreading. That’s exactly what the WBPC was. And ultimately there were cases on the ship. Aww strongly suspect we got it but testing wasn’t available at the time we returned. We felt very safe on the ship and Disney certainly did everything they could to make an unusual sailing enjoyable but reality is we were not as safe as we thought we were.

I’m not at all knocking Disney here. I think they did the best they could with what was known at the time but there is a difference between feeling safe and being safe.

At this very moment? Definitely no for the US cruises, a most likely no for the EU. I am a EU citizen, I have a feeling I'll be safer in/on my own continent.

Too little is known how they will handle isolation and quarantining when/if the virus is on board.

you will always be allowed to wear a mask. You were allowed to wear a mask before covid. Why do you think you wouldn’t be allowed to wear your n95 mask?

My husband and I, after suffering from influenza not long after a flight, started wearing masks during flights out of precaution...

Once, a flight attendant scolded us, asking us why we were wearing masks (like we had done something wrong), telling us it scared the people around us and rolled her eyes and left with a « okayyy » when we answered it was just out of precaution.

That and the curious looks.

I am hopeful those days are long gone.

I would cruise right now with no checks or restrictions of any kind. Negative tests are meaningless. They only prove that at that moment you are negative. That's why pro sports test daily. Not everyone will get the vaccine so holding out for that means you will never cruise and no cruise line will ever make proof of a vaccine a requirement to cruising because so many people won't get the vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter