Board Group Late Arrival- Tron vs Guardians

Taylor’sMom

Earning My Ears
Can someone who has been recently confirm my understanding?

Guardians- allows entry with Virtual Board Group anytime after your group has been called

Tron- must arrive within the hour time frame for your group

Is this still accurate?

Tron tends to be stricter once it gets dark. A group in front of us was turned away at night, from what we overheard, they were nearly 3 hours late…this was in September.

I've heard they are still more strict with Tron than Guardians. It's because too many people are trying to wait until after dark to ride Tron with the cool lighting. If everyone tried to wait and ride guardians at the same time they would probably be less lenient there as well. Can't have 5 hours worth of virtual queue guests all show up at once.

arrived an hour late to Guardians on 12/20. Let in with no need to explain we had a dinner reservation.

Came here to search for this type of thread! So at 7am on our Epcot day, we will likely still be on the Disney Fantasy, going straight to Epcot after disembarkation. Just confirming that if I get an early BG, it's OK if we show up late for it once we arrive at the park?

You should be fine if you explain it nicely to the CMs. We have also had no issues showing up late for BGs for both Tron and Guardians when dining conflicted.

I think that being polite (and honest) goes a long way in this world.

Can someone who has been recently confirm my understanding?

Guardians- allows entry with Virtual Board Group anytime after your group has been called

Tron- must arrive within the hour time frame for your group

Is this still accurate?
Yes. I would not recommend arriving for Tron outside your window. There have been some cases of guests being a little extra time but other have been turned away. Arriving within your window is safest for Tron.

Guardians you may arrive anytime from when your group is called until park closing.
Came here to search for this type of thread! So at 7am on our Epcot day, we will likely still be on the Disney Fantasy, going straight to Epcot after disembarkation. Just confirming that if I get an early BG, it's OK if we show up late for it once we arrive at the park?
Yes, for Guardians you will be fine.

We were 3 boarding groups late for TRON about a month ago (about 15 mins late) and had no issues. We showed up a few hours late for GOTG and again had no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter