Blurry digital photos

agotta

<font color=red>WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team</font>
Dh has the worst time with our camera. I really don't even want him taking it on our next trip because so many come out blurry. I bought him a tripod, but that doesn't help too much. Not sure what kind we own (I'll check later), but any suggestions? :confused3

the quikest fix when shooting on auto settings is to shoot in well lit conditions.

When shooting on auto settings of most cameras if lighting is poor, the AUTO settings will leave the shutter open for a longer period of time and that increases motion blur.

Higher shutter speeds help freeze the action and the only way to achieve fast shutter speeds is to have plenty of light.

agotta said:
Dh has the worst time with our camera. I really don't even want him taking it on our next trip because so many come out blurry. I bought him a tripod, but that doesn't help too much. Not sure what kind we own (I'll check later), but any suggestions? :confused3

a tripod won't help if the person has a heavy shutter finger, it's best to use a timed exposure {self timer}or a cable release with a tripod..

tuck elbows into body and hold camera against forehead solidly to help hold down camerashake,,
find a basic camera class where you live and send him to it

(I apologize in advance if I'm pointing out the obvious...)

I can add this info to theres posted:

Most auto focus cameras will focus if you partially press the shutter button before taking the shot. If you just take the picture without doing this, the pic is usually blurred/out-of-focus.

If there's an indicator on screen (like mine), make sure your camera is focusing on what you want it to. Many will focus in center, but different cameras vary or have different modes.

Hope this helps...

If the blurry photos seem to be in lower lighting conditions, as opposed to outdoors in bright sunlight, then it might be your camera. If the camera needs a lot of light to focus, then it simply can't focus well in lower lighting.

I saw one Fuji that had this problem, making it almost unusable!

Is he getting blurry photos all of the time or just on certain settings?

Tell him to hold his breath and press the shutter. Also consider setting it on a wall, can, ledge, etc . . .

Is he using the LCD screen to frame his picture? If he is, change to using the viewfinder instead. Not only does it same on batteries, it also helps you to stabilize the camera when you shoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter