Blue NBA fence at GF looks horrible!

If you look at the map, IMHO, the NBA got the short end of the stick at GF. They are staying in the outer buildings and are going to have to walk outside without any type of covering to the convention center to access everything - food service, training areas, etc. They have no access to the beach area, the water slide or the main building. VGF guests get to use the fitness facility, the beach pool with water slide and splash area, the beach and the beautiful main building with all of the shops and amenities. If I were an NBA player, I would much rather have been placed at YC or GDT.

Is the purpose to seclude the NBA? That is aweful if that is the case. Imo no one cares about star gazing when in disney. We are more interested in our own vacations. We have seen the Shack on the boardwalk, Sophia Carlson from descendents and a couple football NFL players there with their families. Noone bothers them from what I have seen. Everyone is too hot and busy themselves.
I think you severely underestimate the passion of sports fans. I think the walls are there for security to keep the fans out and away from bothering the players and their families.

Not really when you figure they knocked out the main resort and pool. Not sure that it's too much for me to handle since we'll be over at the CR looking at the castle. So no, I'm not one of those people who will take whatever Disney gives them and be grateful, especially since I had a trip planned for over a year at in a beautiful room at a great resort. This post may be too much for you to handle but if you enjoy the appearance of a blue cyclone fence running through a normally gorgeous resort, good for you.

There are people getting very sick and some dyeing and you are mad about a blue wall 🙄. Wow

There are people getting very sick and some dyeing and you are mad about a blue wall 🙄. Wow
Explain to me how one affects the other. I'm a physician and have treated multiple covid patients over the past 3 months and unfortunately have lost some as well. I've worked very long hours ensuring that I did not have to furlough or let go any of my staff. So yes I'm upset that a respite that my family and I have been looking forward to for a year in a resort we love has been changed in part due to the NBA. I'm curious how many all of you who think the wall is no big deal are staying at VGF. Perhaps because you're so concerned about COVID 19 you should stay off the boards and go donate your time helping those in need instead of trolling here.

Explain to me how one affects the other. I'm a physician and have treated multiple covid patients over the past 3 months and unfortunately have lost some as well. I've worked very long hours ensuring that I did not have to furlough or let go any of my staff. So yes I'm upset that a respite that my family and I have been looking forward to for a year in a resort we love has been changed in part due to the NBA. I'm curious how many all of you who think the wall is no big deal are staying at VGF. Perhaps because you're so concerned about COVID 19 you should stay off the boards and go donate your time helping those in need instead of trolling here.

It's a slightly unsightly fence that doesn't even keep you from any amenities at the resort. Not a big deal.

Be happy you actually get to go on a vacation with your family. Enjoy the time with them. If a wall is going to ruin your vacation, well maybe you need to lighten up just a bit. Keep things in perspective. A wall blocking a view is silly thing to get mad about.

If you'd like to discuss the temporary modifications now at GF, this thread is perfect for that.

If you'd rather discuss the many intricacies of COVID-19 please find another thread, as this one is not for that purpose. There are some on the Community Board and many, many others inhabiting other websites.

This is the last chance before 'Off-topic' posts start being removed with a warning.

Thanks in advance for your future cooperation. 👍

If you look at the map, IMHO, the NBA got the short end of the stick at GF. They are staying in the outer buildings and are going to have to walk outside without any type of covering to the convention center to access everything - food service, training areas, etc. They have no access to the beach area, the water slide or the main building. VGF guests get to use the fitness facility, the beach pool with water slide and splash area, the beach and the beautiful main building with all of the shops and amenities. If I were an NBA player, I would much rather have been placed at YC or GDT.
Is it true that the NBA will have exclusive access to Stormalong Bay? If so, will they erect ugly blue fences to “wall off” the players from view from the boardwalk?

Also, it isn't just the paparazzi or curious guests. The only reason the players agreed to come back is that a strict bubble would be enforced with enhanced testing and monitoring. It would be impossible to maintain that bubble without physical barriers that limited access to the properties hosting those required to stay in the NBA bubble.

That's likely why the 3 resorts were chosen as they are the easiest Deluxe-ish resorts to create such a bubble. GDT for obvious reasons, YC because the DVC wing is on the other side of the YC/BC campus, and GF because its relatively easy to cordon off the VGF and Main Building area while still giving them a pool and food options. Also, all three have attached conference centers for training and other team operations. It's harder to isolate the rest of the Deluxe resorts because of the way DVC is set up at them. CCR is in the main WL building (and unlike AKL where Jambo and Kidani are part of the same condo association, CCR is a separate condo association from BRV , BWV and BWI share a building that would make separation nigh impossible, BLT relies on the CR for almost all food and potentially transportation if the monorail reopens, and the Poly is similarly cut-off, with the added problem that they wouldn't have access to a pool. I guess Jambo House would have been easy to isolate as well since they probably could accommodate all DVC AKV owners at Kidani, but I imagine they didn't want to risk violating the terms of their contract if that wasn't possible (also AKL doesn't have conference facilities like the three NBA resorts).

YC and GF still require a fence (and likely some way to sever the connection between the BC and the YC internally), but logistically that's a lot easier to set-up and maintain than it would have been at the other Deluxes.
What I don’t get is why they have they spread out and put dvc properties. Why not give them free run of gran destino and not even open Coronado to guests. Problem solved. As a BCV owner I bought there to use SAB and I can’t use it Bc the NBA wants privacy it’s BS. Lots of people bought at GF for the beautiful property and lake views. Those being obstructed by blue walls is also BS

Why not give them free run of gran destino and not even open Coronado to guests. Problem solved. As a BCV owner I bought there to use SAB and I can’t use it Bc the NBA wants privacy it’s BS.
The GDT is dedicated to the NBA through the finals. Coronado Springs will not open until after the finals in October. There is not enough space at GDT and CS in general to space out all the teams. The NBA is using resorts with Convention space for access to the convention spaces

Please note that SAB is not included in your BCV contract and I would doubt that the BCV DVC Condo association would be willing to pay for the dedicated use of SAB if even possible at this point. The NBA teams at the YC and GF are not the top seeded teams and the NBA plan is to consolidate the teams to the GDT.

Right now we don't know if the NBA will be using SAB, it is just a rumor at this point!

Dave

I agree that the wall is an inconvenience and if it bothers guest they should look to cancel. Yes, frustrating that families spent time planning for a vacation, but those that lost money have the most to complain about. I for one will just wait it out. I am surprised that Disney did not come up with a “better” fence for GF. They do a great job hiding things, but I guess that was the best they could do on short notice. Be safe everyone.

What I don’t get is why they have they spread out and put dvc properties. Why not give them free run of gran destino and not even open Coronado to guests.
Each player can (not necessarily will, but is allowed to) book up to 17 rooms. 450 players times potentially 17 rooms is 7,650. And they're not put [in] DVC properties. Yacht Club has zero DVC property. Coronado Springs' Gran Destino Tower has that exact same number of DVC property - zero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter