Blue Lives Matter - The 101st Law enforcement Officer was Killed Yesterday

The problem is ghstvtherecwas a time when killing an officer was something that was horrific and held terrible consequences. Not do much any more.

why is it any more horrific when some one walks into a school and kills 20 students.
why is it any more horrific when a cop shots someone in the back?
why is it any more horrific then when a 4 year old gets shot in her car in a road rage accident.

cops are no more special than anyone else.

some one mentioned if you don't like cops don't call the police, I'll turn it back around. if you're looking for a job and don't want to chance getting shot or don't want to put your life in danger. don't become a cop.

While I think it's sad, I don't think its any " more" tragic than any senseless murder. Nor any more special just because he was a cop.

We are a violent country.

Last edited:
why is it any more horrific when some one walks into a school and kills 20 students.
why is it any more horrific when a cop shots someone in the back?
why is it any more horrific then when a 4 year old gets shot in her car in a road rage accident.

cops are no more special than anyone else.

some one mentioned if you don't like cops don't call the police, I'll turn it back around. if you're looking for a job and don't want to chance getting shot or don't want to put your life in danger. don't become a cop.

While I think it's sad, I don't think its any " more" tragic than any senseless murder. Nor any more special just because he was a cop.

We are a violent country.

I have to back away from this. You see, my cop is most special to me, and I cannot be objective.

That's the legal justification, but what they consider probable cause was bogus.

If you truly have probable cause to search someone, you don't need a "stop & frisk" policy.
Just the opposite now. An officer stopping basically anybody to frisk will be blamed and videotaped and considered the "bad guy". PC continues to bring on chaos in society.
Crime is up in NYC. Fact.

I have to back away from this. You see, my cop is most special to me, and I cannot be objective.
I absolutely understand that, I really do and I'm in no way making light of it. You worry every time your cop leaves the house some wackadoodle with a gun is going to kill him, I worry every time my sons drive in NJ that some crazy cop who swears every black kid that drives a luxury car is a drug dealer is going to pull him over for no other reason than hes black AND I have absolutely no recourse. And as others here have so eloquently stated If we dont like it, tough don't call expect help.

I definitely know what it's like to be afraid, I have to worry every time my oldest says he wants to go to Harlem to see his grandparents. I know that at any time a cop can stop him and if he so much as ask "is there a problem" there is a high probability that he will be dead and not a darn thing I can do.

He can not question, he cannot talk back and if they don't like the answers he gives there is a chance I will not see my child alive again. Yes, I truly know how the fear. My sons are just as special to me as your officer is to you.

It is a horrible feeling to honestly believe that your kids have about as much rights now as my parents did in 1960 Louisiana.

But my point in my original post is that we have a serious violence problem.
Cops should not die doing their job
Kids should not be killed just by going to school
Little girls should not be getting shot just because a driver is having a bad day

I pray for that gentlemen's family but more I pray that we get rid of guns and work on figuring out why we are such a violent, violent country.

Last edited:
I definitely know what it's like to be afraid, I have to worry every time my oldest says he wants to go to Harlem to see his grandparents. I know that at any time a cop can stop him and if he so much as ask "is there a problem" there is a high probability that he will be dead and not a darn thing I can do.
Do you really believe this? If they so much as utter "Is there a problem, officer?" I remember on a previous thread you stated you taught your kids not to cooperate with the police. This is what could get them killed.

Do you really believe this? If they so much as utter "Is there a problem, officer?" I remember on a previous thread you stated you taught your kids not to cooperate with the police. This is what could get them killed.
Yes we feel that way. Our sons are taught not to resist but also not to answer question until they get help. We know quite a few blacks who were held, questioned and rgen forced to admit to things they did not do by the police. We know people who have been tazed because they asked what the problem is and the cops said they did not cooperate fast enough.

We teach our sons to repeatedly ask for a lawyer or their parents

I donot believe all cops are bad but I do feel they feel they are omnipotent. I think they know they have a lot of power and the can wield it for the most part without reprecussion

And I know many in the minority community who simple feel that police are just as bad as the drug boys.

I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread so Ill simple say I pray for our nation

Last edited:

My black son, dad, nephews, cousins, BIL...are special to me. I respect GOOD police officer. But I can not drink the all cops are great kool-aid when the bad cops seem to be targeting the people I love most simply because they "fit the profile".

Of course it happens. There are multiple studies about this. Look up driving while black or shopping while black etc etc. I have a mixed race daughter and at some point soon I am going to have to explain to her why she is followed in the store or in the nice part of town while her same age white sister is not.

Just the opposite now. An officer stopping basically anybody to frisk will be blamed and videotaped and considered the "bad guy". PC continues to bring on chaos in society.
Crime is up in NYC. Fact.
Fact crime rates fell from 2013 to 2014. Fact crime rates are at historic lows. Fact crime rates are cyclical and go up and down generally in relation with the economic conditions of the area. If you're going to state something as a fact your should at least get it right

D598-2.jpg

All I have to say here..

I support video taping all police interviews with suspects. Why? Because people think cops lie, manipulate, etc. Yet in the cases I handle, in 99% of the cases, it's a friendly, pleasant conversation. And juries can see for themselves that a defendant's admissions were truly voluntary.

I absolutely understand that, I really do and I'm in no way making light of it. You worry every time your cop leaves the house some wackadoodle with a gun is going to kill him, I worry every time my sons drive in NJ that some crazy cop who swears every black kid that drives a luxury car is a drug dealer is going to pull him over for no other reason than hes black AND I have absolutely no recourse. And as others here have so eloquently stated If we dont like it, tough don't call expect help.

He can not question, he cannot talk back and if they don't like the answers he gives there is a chance I will not see my child alive again. Yes, I truly know how the fear. My sons are just as special to me as your officer is to you.

It is a horrible feeling to honestly believe that your kids have about as much rights now as my parents did in 1960 Louisiana.

But my point in my original post is that we have a serious violence problem.
Cops should not die doing their job
Kids should not be killed just by going to school
Little girls should not be getting shot just because a driver is having a bad day

I pray for that gentlemen's family but more I pray that we get rid of guns and work on figuring out why we are such a violent, violent country.[/QU

Yes I guess we are a violent country. But what I don't understand is you fear of your child being subjected to questioning by a cop rather than being concerned of the 50,000 violent crimes that occurred in NYC in 2014 in which almost 7,000 of those involved a firearm. Yet you fear and taught your child fear the only people that are out there to protect them.

Of course it happens. There are multiple studies about this. Look up driving while black or shopping while black etc etc. I have a mixed race daughter and at some point soon I am going to have to explain to her why she is followed in the store or in the nice part of town while her same age white sister is not.

Try shopping in a nice store with ripped jeans and a teeshirt, White people get followed in stores too.

Fact crime rates fell from 2013 to 2014. Fact crime rates are at historic lows. Fact crime rates are cyclical and go up and down generally in relation with the economic conditions of the area. If you're going to state something as a fact your should at least get it right

Crime rates for Specific crimes are rising in NYC. In the past two years Murders are up 5% and Shooting Incidents are up 3.8 %. This is based upon the latest crime stats from the NYPD.

Yes I guess we are a violent country. But what I don't understand is you fear of your child being subjected to questioning by a cop rather than being concerned of the 50,000 violent crimes that occurred in NYC in 2014 in which almost 7,000 of those involved a firearm. Yet you fear and taught your child fear the only people that are out there to protect them.

I live in the Bed-Stuy section of Brooklyn. . I grew up here and raised my son here. I'm don't worry about being the victim of a crime. I do worry about a crazy cop harming my son.

My son and I have never been robbed or the victims of a crime. But my son had been stopped and followed by the cops.

:grouphug: Prayers, and thoughts for all.

On "The View" this morning Whoopi said she is "So Sick" of shootings happening! That the American people have to make it stop by getting out to vote. As a Canadian I'm not familiar with the issues, and what she meant by that? Outside of gun control, and the contemptuous issue it invokes.

The liberals feel that if there are laws the criminals will respect them. The low life thug that shot officer Holder was using an illegal clip that carried more than the amount of bullets allowed in NY State. I guess he must not read the law yet.

WILDWOOD, N.J. (CBS) — Wildwood police are sending a not-so-subtle message to parents via “public service announcement” signs posted on the boardwalk.

The signs say “Please stop telling your children that we will haul them off to jail if they are bad.”

Of course, you know they won’t. You just want to put a little fear in your child. Not a good idea, said Wildwood police Chief Robert Regalbuto.

“We want them to go to a police officer whether they’re scared,you know, they need help, they need a band-aid,” said Regalbuto, “Whatever it is, if they see a police officer I want them to go right to them.”

Bottom line, he said kids should look to an officer as someone to run to, not away from in times of trouble.

Signs to that effect are now up along the Wildwood boardwalk as a not-so-subtle suggestion to parents to be parents when their child gets out of line.

Regalbuto said he got the idea from other police departments.

Two newly hired police officers are shown on the signs. They, and others, will be involved in a summer long community outreach to reinforce the signs’ message.

I live in the Bed-Stuy section of Brooklyn. . I grew up here and raised my son here. I'm don't worry about being the victim of a crime. I do worry about a crazy cop harming my son.

My son and I have never been robbed or the victims of a crime. But my son had been stopped and followed by the cops.

Bed-Stuy the 79th Precinct, Crime is down 78% since 1990. Good Police Work keeping that neighborhood safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter