Blue Bayou Reservations, Do you have to have them?

Though it sounds like it's too late for the OP, here's my best tip I give friends for eating at BB: make lunch reservations ASAP, 60 days out if possible, for 11:30, the first seating. Show up 10 minutes early to check in and request waterside. That's your best shot at waterside seating with little wait. I've done it 3 times now. :)

Our party of four was able to get a walk up this past Saturday. We checked around 3pm and the hostess said to come back later and it was likely we could get in. We did just that arriving at around 5pm and were seated within 15 minutes. Our table wasn't the greatest - in the back by the kitchen...but we couldn't complain. Just goes to show you that it doesn't hurt to ask!

Going to Disney Tomorrow on Thursday. Sold out on App. Any chance of walking in res to snag that fantasmic seating?

Going to Disney Tomorrow on Thursday. Sold out on App. Any chance of walking in res to snag that fantasmic seating?
Normally I would say there is always a chance you'll get lucky and someone will have just cancelled, but it's not something you can count on. It doesn't hurt to walk up and ask, but just be prepared to be told there is no availability.

All that being said, tomorrow is a Thu and they aren't presenting F!. So they won't be offering the F! Dining packages until Fri (the next time F! Is being presented).

Though it sounds like it's too late for the OP, here's my best tip I give friends for eating at BB: make lunch reservations ASAP, 60 days out if possible, for 11:30, the first seating. Show up 10 minutes early to check in and request waterside. That's your best shot at waterside seating with little wait. I've done it 3 times now. :)

Exactly the same thing we do and it works every time!

Exactly the same thing we do and it works every time!
Yep, same here. In fact, last time I was there to check in for my 11:30 ressie (about 15-20 minutes early) I was told by the check-in CM that "you have an 11:30 reservation, so you will get a waterside table." I found it kind of funny since they only have limited tables right on the water, but maybe he also meant because we were a party of 2... either way, we got our table!

I've been told the same or almost the same thing whenever I've had an 11:30 am reservation as well. My guess is that the number of reservations for 11:30 am roughly equals the number of tables they have along the waterfront or within the first two rows. So almost anyone with an 11:30 am reservation would be seated along the water front (baring some really large party perhaps or if you requested to sit elsewhere). I think that means that the "worse" time to get a reservation would be at 11:45 am or, perhaps even, noon because you'd have to wait for the guests seated at 11:30 am to finish up before a water front table comes open.

I've been told the same or almost the same thing whenever I've had an 11:30 am reservation as well. My guess is that the number of reservations for 11:30 am roughly equals the number of tables they have along the waterfront or within the first two rows. So almost anyone with an 11:30 am reservation would be seated along the water front (baring some really large party perhaps or if you requested to sit elsewhere). I think that means that the "worse" time to get a reservation would be at 11:45 am or, perhaps even, noon because you'd have to wait for the guests seated at 11:30 am to finish up before a water front table comes open.
Yup, last year I was late getting the ressie and it was for 11:40. They told me that the first seating at 11:30 fills up the first row next to the water-- ten minutes later, the 11:40s fill up the second row back, and so forth. So we were one back from the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter