Blue Bayou Reservation Tips?

Thanks for all the tips guys! We're going Oct 1st, so my window is a couple weeks out.
I’m not sure if anyone said this but it might not be a bad idea to try to book for 6
Disney really doesn’t like even numbers and there is ZERO penalty for showing up with less than reserved for, not to mention you can always modify and subtract one person but it is not always easy to do it the other way around

Also Mouse Dining. I got SO many alerts for Blue Bayou as my park dates approached

Last edited:
I’m not sure if anyone said this but it might not be a bad idea to try to book for 6
Disney really does live even numbers and there is ZERO penalty for showing up with less than reserved for, not to mention you can always modify and subtract one person but it is not always easy to do it the other way around

Also Mouse Dining. I got SO many alerts for Blue Bayou as my park dates approached
This is true & I got very angry when I figured it out lol It showed zero availability when I was looking for 2 but the moment I put 4 or even more so 6 all of a sudden a came up. I’d like to think maybe it was just me, but I seem to read a lot of people having the same experience.

I've never wanted to eat there, the menu isn't to my liking. But I've looked several times when my booking window has opened and found availability.
You just need to log on EXACTLY when the dining opens and be prepared to go, don't waste time faffing about because while you are someone else is taking the reservation.

I do like Mouse Dining for alerts, but that's only AFTER you can't get one when the booking window first opens because all it is going to tell you is that it is open - which you already know by the date and time of your window anyway.
So I only find it good for reservations you couldn't manage to get and it alerts you when there is a cancellation so you can log in and try and snap it up right away.

We're approaching the 60 day mark. I know BB is always tough to snag, but its my absolute most favorite place to eat in the world. Any tips on snagging a reservation? Or is it still just as wonky as it ever was? Thanks!
Here's something a little wonky on our last trip.

We normally get 11:00 and check-in early to request waterfront table-- Never missed one doing this. This time we were in line for POTC and it was getting tight. We thought about bailing. Just before boarding I got check-in pop-up on the App. I forgot about App check-in since this was our first park day and dining reservation this trip. So I told Fam "hey, should be good to go, let's ride".

Not so much. We got to BB and the lobby was full as expected. I asked the hostess to confirm we were checked in from the App. She checked tablet and then went through the check-in process with us again (allergies, etc). Then, in the next few minutes she made several announcements outside/inside asking if anyone had used the App and not checked-in with the desk. Uh oh. I can see the future now.

They started seating few minutes late (11:10ish) and definitely in order of people who physically checked in. We were seated in about the 5th table in the second row.

Not a big deal, and lesson learned. I don't know if this is unique to BB, but it sure seemed like it. App check-in worked for the rest of the trip 4 or 5 times at other spots. I am thinking BB needs to confirm the party size and verify everyone is present to maximize table space and keep things moving smoothly. I'm not one to complain on a trip, but seems like it would be easy for them to disable App check-in for BB, if this really is a thing. :thumbsup2

Here's something a little wonky on our last trip.

We normally get 11:00 and check-in early to request waterfront table-- Never missed one doing this. This time we were in line for POTC and it was getting tight. We thought about bailing. Just before boarding I got check-in pop-up on the App. I forgot about App check-in since this was our first park day and dining reservation this trip. So I told Fam "hey, should be good to go, let's ride".

Not so much. We got to BB and the lobby was full as expected. I asked the hostess to confirm we were checked in from the App. She checked tablet and then went through the check-in process with us again (allergies, etc). Then, in the next few minutes she made several announcements outside/inside asking if anyone had used the App and not checked-in with the desk. Uh oh. I can see the future now.

They started seating few minutes late (11:10ish) and definitely in order of people who physically checked in. We were seated in about the 5th table in the second row.

Not a big deal, and lesson learned. I don't know if this is unique to BB, but it sure seemed like it. App check-in worked for the rest of the trip 4 or 5 times at other spots. I am thinking BB needs to confirm the party size and verify everyone is present to maximize table space and keep things moving smoothly. I'm not one to complain on a trip, but seems like it would be easy for them to disable App check-in for BB, if this really is a thing. :thumbsup2
I totally agree. I always check-in for BB at the counter. LIke you, I always reserve for 11AM. I get there early and just as they open I check-in and request the water side table. I always get the table.
Physical check-ins are seated first for the preferred tables then the online checkins via the app. You need to check in physically at BB even if you use the app.

This is unique to BB. Some people like near the water. Some like off to the side or under the tree.
Check in at the BB counter before your reservation time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter