blue bayou report july 18th

goodshepherd

Mouseketeer
sooo hit blue bayou on july 18th :-)

still no bread!

the hurricane drink was very nice :-) more drinks

i had the steak n lobster tail, was very good.

and the chicken was good too.

we ordered a celebration cake for $45 and it was MAGNIFICENT !!! :-)

originally when asked to sit by the water we were told they could not accomodate special requests
however i pointed out the celebration cake we ordered and they put us o nthe water :-)

so overall we rang up a $200 bill with the tip included (tipped $30) and it was very good service and very good food !!!

very happy with the experience :-)

that hurricane drink is sooooo goodd mmmmmm i wanna get some stuff from bevmo and make them muhself hahahha :p

How do I make a reservation? Looking to go in August.

You can make dining reservation on the Disneyland App or website, but its a popular resturant so you might not get a reservation for your days.

Just returned last week-I don’t know this place??
Its the restaurant in Pirates of The Caribbean ride. When you are are the start of the ride , floating through the Bayou and see tables and people. If you walked through New Orleans Square you might not notice the entrance as its just a small doorway with a host stand.

You can make dining reservation on the Disneyland App or website, but its a popular resturant so you might not get a reservation for your days.

Its the restaurant in Pirates of The Caribbean ride. When you are are the start of the ride , floating through the Bayou and see tables and people. If you walked through New Orleans Square you might not notice the entrance as its just a small doorway with a host stand.
Thank you! MK wasn’t on our park list this time so never researched ADRs there. Will keep it on the list. Sounds fun!!

Thank you! MK wasn’t on our park list this time so never researched ADRs there. Will keep it on the list. Sounds fun!!

just so you know, this is the Disneyland California section. Blue Bayou is the restaurant in Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland California. New Orleans Square is an area in Disneyland California.

Magic Kingdom is in Walt Disney World Florida. The Prates of The Caribbean ride in Walt Disney World Florida does not have a restaurant in it.

yep so if you just visited and went on pirate of the carib ride, then when it first started you look to your right from the boat and there are tables and lantern lights.

thats it :-)

(in the room with those little water building on the left and the banjo player, before you go down the waterfalls)

when u get out of the ride, just turn left and its right there.

IMHO its the best place to eat in disneyland.

Hoping they still have the cake next June - BB and celebration cake are definitely on my wishlist for our trip, even more so after those descriptions and pix! Thanks for sharing :)

heres some pics :-) of the food lol :p

(lets get down to business and see the food hahahha)

sorry no flash was used......

View attachment 591622
What do you mean "sorry"?
This is the best photo, and I'm not even much of a drinker.
The colors are beautiful, and imho flash would have completely ruined this photo.

I need the bread back! 😂 is it still because of Covid? It was also absent from Napa rose last night.

yah the waiter said they are only up at %40 percent staff and also less tables too :-)

so thats why no bread.

yep i do love the bread!!

in past visits they give u several different kinds of bread including sour, cornbread etc.

i usually take a basket to go too ;-)

Do the reservations basically get completely filled as the furthest day out is released? I've search through the app a number of times over a few months and have yet to see a single time ever show any availability.

What was the cake and frosting flavor, exactly? Was it dry? Any filling? Do they package it for you to take the remainder home?

you can choose from several different types of cakes ;-)

if you want to explore it just half fill out a reservation but dont go through the final checkout and you will see the cake option :-)

this one was the choco cake and it tasted like choco mousse (hmmm did i spell that right)

oh yahhh they offered a box, but we stayed late in the park sooo kinda pointless to take it lol

actually we ate most of the cake between the 2 of us lol :p :p :p wasnt much left hahahha

its definately enough for 4 people.

or 2 people piggin out hahaha :p

yah the reservations are very competitive!!!! best to make it as far out as u can !!!

u can always cancel without fee, unless its within a day then its $10.

Do the reservations basically get completely filled as the furthest day out is released? I've search through the app a number of times over a few months and have yet to see a single time ever show any availability.
Yes, blue bayou and Ogas are the two most popular restaurants and are typically fully gone within 4 hours of posting. It isn’t purely immediately but it is lightning fast compared to others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter