Blue Bayou question

maryfree

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, we will be making our first trip to DLR in late August, my grandson is a huge Pirates fan, and we would like to eat at Blue Bayou, can anyone tell me how far in advance that I can make a priority seating,also is it possible to request a water view,or is that even necessary...thanks so much

You can make PS (priority seating) 60 days in advance. I believe you request waterside seating at check in. I would recomend getting there early to put your request in.

I went there in February and our seating was for an early lunch. We had reservations for the first available time which was 11:00 I believe. What I noticed is EVERYONE had a water view at that time...at restaurant opening they just say everyone in a line along the water and as the dining room started to fill up I saw they started with the next row of tables. So if you get there at opening you're pretty much guaranteed a water view.

Yes, make your reservations before your trip and then the day of you meal, go early and request waterside table. If there are 4 or less of you, then chances are very good you will not have to wait long at all. We have had really good luck doing it this way and we usually would eat a very late lunch so it was a lunch/dinner. Ask how late they still serve their lunch menu and ask for the latest time within that window. (Lunch is cheaper too and just a tasty!)

Blue Bayou is going to be closed on our trip (June) :guilty: Can anyone recommend something similar? (no characters)
Thanks!

thanks, since we will be in the parks early I think we will try for the early lunch...

I second getting a reservation for the first seating, and requesting waterside at check-in. We have done this for 4 or so years, and have always been by the water, even with a party of 10.

There really isn't any other place to eat that is like the BB, but the other table service restaurant in DL is carnation cafe. They are adding one in New Orleans if it is open by the time you go.

krismom said:
Blue Bayou is going to be closed on our trip (June) :guilty: Can anyone recommend something similar? (no characters)
Thanks!

We were at DLR 3/18-19 and unfortunately there really is not anything else like Blue Bayou :sad2: I don't believe there are any other table service restuarants within the park. We had dinner one night at River Belle Terrace. The food was good and we had seating inside (which was good because it was :cold: and threatening to :umbrella: ), but my DH had to wait in line for about 30 minutes for food while I staked out a table with the kids. Another night we had dinner at the Golden Horse Shoe, but it was still no Blue Bayou. On previous trips we have eaten at Plaza Inn. DH and I both agreed that we missed the "calm" of Blue Bayou amidst the rest of the DL frenzy.

I have been told that the Italian Trattoria at DCA is supposed to be good also, but it was not convenient for us on this trip.

pirate: We are going to be at DL the the 10-14th of Sept. Does anyone know if pirates and the Blue Bayou are scheduled to reopen by then? It's my favorite!

Yes, it will be opened in late June to coincide with POTC sequel. My grandson is so looking forward to both the film and the ride,I am also looking forward to the Blue Bayou

krismom said:
Thanks!

You could always go to DtD and eat at the Rain Forest Cafe....The atmosphere is really great there! (although it is not as calming at BB)

There really isnt anything like Blue Bayou. You will just have to come back again another time!

As for a water table, we have had good luck also with the last lunch seating. Smaller parties have better luck and if you are willing to wait, and wait, and wait, then that works too.

We manage to get waterfront seating by requesting it when we make the reservation, then calling back first thing that morning to request it, then asking again when we get there for it! May seem like a bit much, but otherwise we've found that when we get there, there's a long wait for waterfront seating and they're just going to "see what they can do". Although we usually always have a 15 minute wait when we get there even after all that. We've eaten waterfront and non-waterfront and it's really a much nicer meal when you have waterfront, except for the hideous hike stumbling through an overcrowded restaurant to the restroom!!

Snow Brite said:
As for a water table, we have had good luck also with the last lunch seating. Smaller parties have better luck and if you are willing to wait, and wait, and wait, then that works too.

Do you recall what the last lunch seating time is? I've been wondering this.

Truthfully, before DIS, I didn't even know you could make reservations earlier than the day of! I'm such a ditz :)

Anywho, last June my group of 9 people went earlier in the day and made reservations for a late lunch, around 2 (a tip I picked up on here :) ). We requested water. We got water. It was for my dad's 50th birthday, but I don't think we mentioned that at the time.

This June when we go, right after POTC reopens, I think I will make advance reservations just to be sure :)

Wanna hear something? I ate there at BB with parents and sister when I was in high school...we sat at great waterside table. Flash foward a few years in my early 20's and I went with my girlfriend....we sat at the exact same table!
WOW. Flash even more forward and I went in 2003 with teen kids and they sat us at the worse table! right outside the door for the waiters. When I go in Aug. I will get reservation....and will WAIT patiently for a good table.

agoofylover said:
pirate: We are going to be at DL the the 10-14th of Sept. Does anyone know if pirates and the Blue Bayou are scheduled to reopen by then? It's my favorite!

We will be there then, too! Celebrating our 6th anniversary of our DL wedding! :bride: :groom:

I'm glad I checked in here. We live near WDW and I am pretty casual about reservations here at WDW because we go frequently, but the DL trip will be a different story. I think it's time for me to get back into my long-dormant trip planning mode!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter