Blue Bayou or Hungry Bear to-go for Fantasmic

Music City Mama

DIS Veteran
My ADR day is tomorrow. My original plan was to make the Hungry Bear to-go reservation for Fantasmic. I was also planning either lunch or dinner at Blue Bayou a couple of days later. In your opinion, should I just kill two birds with one stone and try for the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package? It will be about $360 for our family of four (before tax/tip), and the Hungry Bear one will be about $140 (before tax). But if we do Hungry Bear but also have a separate regular reservation for Blue Bayou, it could either wind up being more expensive with those two combined (maybe a little less if it's lunch and depending upon what we order), but "about the same". Which would you do and why?

I’ve had HB the last three times, will be having again on Saturday. Just ask for burger and fries substitute rather than the bbq. Unless you’ve never eaten at BB and just want the experience, save your money. Seating for Fantasmic is not that different.

Unless you’ve never eaten at BB
Yeah, we've never eaten there -- it's our first time to DLR. If I wasn't already planning to eat there another day anyway, I would just do Hungry Bear, but since it's on my agenda to eat there/experience it, I'm starting to think I should just use it for Fantasmic instead of the Hungry Bear Fantasmic and separate Blue Bayou...

I'm in the same boat as you and went for BB package for June. Haven't been to DLR in 6 years and may never again. I knew I wanted BB and my girlfriend really wanted to see Fantastic that I figured best to kill two birds with one stone. Why make two ADRs when one could do it. Unless you really want the Hungry Bear food. Also it looks like the BB seating section is slightly better and will probably be less crowded.

You’re paying a premium of about $20pp either way, and since you already planned on BB I’d rather have the better view at BB and dine somewhere other than HB for another meal (not a fan of the menu as there is so much better food elsewhere.) It just pains me to spend $35 on bbq chicken or a salad. Whereas spending it on a filet I can justify more.

Oh, one last question. Are the meal times tied to certain Fantasmic showings? For example, are only lunch times for the first showing?

FWIW in case you missed snagging a BB F! reservation - this morning I set a (paid) alert this morning for BB F! for next Saturday as my teen said he would like to see F! (What, seriously, he will stay for nighttime entertainment!?!) and within an hour or so received a notification and secured it. Best $5 I ever spent. So if you don’t succeed right away try an alert.

P.S. I will also be asking if people with a standard reservation can still add the F! Package if available and will report back!

Curious, did you get this? BB Fantastic would have been my advice since you want to eat at BB anyway. Hungry Bear Fantastic food is kind of gross.
Yes, I did get it! The reservations became available right at 6:00 a.m. PT and I got it. It was being kind of glitchy thinking I had only selected 2 people and I almost didn't notice and reserved it, so I backed out, selected 4 again, and the next page showed me 3 people (what the heck?) so I had to go back again and select 4, but by this time, much fewer times were available, but I got it. It wasn't until I got the email confirmation that I could see for sure that it was for the 1st show.

Hopefully Fantasmic is back by the time your trip comes around - Maleficent went up in flames tonight and they had to evacuate guests that were watching it :oops:

Hopefully Fantasmic is back by the time your trip comes around - Maleficent went up in flames tonight and they had to evacuate guests that were watching it :oops:
My daughter sent me TikTok’s about it an I’m so glad no one appears to have been injured and no damage done other than the figure but I’m a little sad it could mean not getting to see the show now. Our trip is three years in the making after several postponements and eventual cancellation and there have now been so many things happening leading up to this trip that I’m starting to worry it’s going to be cursed.

My daughter sent me TikTok’s about it an I’m so glad no one appears to have been injured and no damage done other than the figure but I’m a little sad it could mean not getting to see the show now. Our trip is three years in the making after several postponements and eventual cancellation and there have now been so many things happening leading up to this trip that I’m starting to worry it’s going to be cursed.

Even a cursed Disney trip in better than an uncursed time at home! You'll have a great time regardless- and if you keep track of all of the things that have gone wrong, you'll have a great story to tell about your fantastic cursed trip haha

Even a cursed Disney trip in better than an uncursed time at home! You'll have a great time regardless- and if you keep track of all of the things that have gone wrong, you'll have a great story to tell about your fantastic cursed trip haha
I’m gonna try! I know it will all be ok in the end but the next three weeks are going to be stressful. LOL

People online say that next Friday Fantasmic is back on the schedule. So hopefully the ending will just be in B mode starting later this week, which makes sense Disney is putting a lot of money on the table for not having this package

I’ve had HB the last three times, will be having again on Saturday. Just ask for burger and fries substitute rather than the bbq. Unless you’ve never eaten at BB and just want the experience, save your money. Seating for Fantasmic is not that different.
Thanks for this. I've been meaning to ask around if anyone had ordered off the menu recently (since F! reopened, at least). We always prefer that to the to-go meals. Were you able to do it on Saturday? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter