Blue Bayou - lunch or dinner?

anne930

DIS Veteran
I need an opinion!! I know Blue Bayou is cheaper for lunch - but would the food and/or atmosphere make it worth while to make a dinner reservation there?

Thanks,

I have been to the Blue Bayou twice for dinner and once for lunch. I prefer the lunch menu over the dinner menu. And the atomosphere is the same to me either way.

I agree with the other posters. I prefer lunch because the menu items look almost the same. Also, I think you can only get the Monte Cristo sandwich at lunch, which I plan to try for the first time in a few weeks! (I usually get the prime rib. I also like their calamari appetizer.)

I say go for lunch! I think part of the fun of lunch at Blue Bayou is the illusion that you are out at dinnertime even though it's really the middle of the day.
You can't go wrong either way but if lunch fits into your schedule you would save quite a bit of money and still enjoy the same experience.

If you're going here specifically for the Monte Cristo sandwich (either you love it or you hate it) my understanding is that it's only available at lunch.

OK, since lunch wins by a landslide, does anyone know what hours they serve lunch and do you need a PS for a late lunch? I am trying to figure out what we will do for lunch the day we fly in to Anaheim - this sounds like a good option since we'll probably be hungry - but I'm not sure what time we will want to eat?

where do I find phone number for reservations. I am sorry I asked this before and thought I could find it....

from disneyland.com
Only a few Theme Park restaurants accept reservations; however, you can reserve seatings at dining locations in the Downtown Disney® District and at the hotels at the Disneyland® Resort by calling (714) 956-6755.

from wdwinfo.com
Priority Seating reservation can be made 6 weeks advance for dining located within Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks and 60 days in advance for Resort Hotel dining by contacting your travel agent or by calling 1-714-781-DINE (3463)

The latest lunch ressie you can get is 3:40. We checked in at 3:20 and got a waterside seat within 10 minutes. I believe, from previous posts here, that the first ressie time is at 11:30.

I just made ADRs for lunch at BB on 10/19. Lunch is from 11am-3:30pm and I got a 3:10pm ADR.

I must say I was rather suprised at the Disneyland Dining reservation process. I was on hold for awhile and then after we made the ADR I asked about a confirmation number and she said, "Its your last name". I was like... Oh. I also asked about ordering birthday cakes for the restaurants, but she said they don't do that in the parks (I guess it's only done at the resort restaurants). :confused3

vascubaguy said:
I must say I was rather suprised at the Disneyland Dining reservation process. I was on hold for awhile and then after we made the ADR I asked about a confirmation number and she said, "Its your last name". I was like... Oh. I also asked about ordering birthday cakes for the restaurants, but she said they don't do that in the parks (I guess it's only done at the resort restaurants). :confused3

I was a bit leary of this as well, and it turned out with reason. They had no record of two ressies I made (at the same time I made BB ressies which they did have record of). I asked for a confirmation ## as well with all of them...luckily, we went at the end of August, so crowds were down and we were able to get into both restaurants (GK and Storytellers) they lost our ressie for with no problem.

I must say I was rather suprised at the Disneyland Dining reservation process. I was on hold for awhile and then after we made the ADR I asked about a confirmation number and she said, "Its your last name". I was like... Oh. I also asked about ordering birthday cakes for the restaurants, but she said they don't do that in the parks (I guess it's only done at the resort restaurants).

vascubaguy-
That's odd because I made reservations a couple of weeks ago for Blue Bayou, Goofy's Kitchen, and Ariel's Grotto through vacation planning services for our trip next week and was given a separate confirmation number (actually a series of numbers and letters) for each reservation. I was also able to add a special birthday dessert (not sure if it is always a cake) for my DD when we are at each place.

I got an email stating that when we check in at DLR all of the info for the reservations that we made will be on an intinary. I called to confirm this, didnt want to wait till we got there, and good thing that I did. Two of the restaurants, Plaza Inn breakfast with Minnie & Ariels wasnt listed. They were able to add it on right then with no problem.

momto2dkids said:
vascubaguy-
That's odd because I made reservations a couple of weeks ago for Blue Bayou, Goofy's Kitchen, and Ariel's Grotto through vacation planning services for our trip next week and was given a separate confirmation number (actually a series of numbers and letters) for each reservation. I was also able to add a special birthday dessert (not sure if it is always a cake) for my DD when we are at each place.

The CM I spoke with did tell me she was putting us on the list to receive two "complimentary" dessert for our birthdays. Our B-days are 3 days apart (Oct 19 and 22nd). But I specifically asked about the confirmation numbers and she said it was my last name. *shrug* maybe it's different if you have more ADR's, or based on specific locations, etc. Or dinner and special breakfast only... I dunno. I'm still looking forward to it!

I initially made the ressies for BB and Storytellers through vacation planning, then needed to change them, so instead of bothering them for a quick change, I canceled them and changed the times on my own and added Goofy's. My ressies from VP did have conf. numbers, but the once I made on my own were my last name....and Goofy's and Storytellers ressies were lost in computer space...they had no record of them!

Whatever the OP choses (LUNCH is my preference...less expensive and Monte Cristos!) I would just recommend calling dining prior to leaving to confirm the ressies!

Can anyone tell me what the price range for lunch menu is? We go the first week in Oct. do you think we will really need to call ahead of time or can we make reservations the day we are there? :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter