Blue Bayou Lunch Menu?

Enjoy your lunch with your family. If you have time, please let us know about the menu. I’ll be there in a few weeks & want to prepare my husband incase the MC is not there. Ha!
I'm not going until November, so you'll know before I will :)

I'm not going until November, so you'll know before I will :)
I’m sorry! Thought you meant today. Ha!
We are going to order the gumbo & a dessert if the MC is no longer available for lunch. Hoping the server won’t be angry. It’s happened at Disney World (BOG). Its probably a prix fixed menu because of people like me. 😂

I’m sorry! Thought you meant today. Ha!
We are going to order the gumbo & a dessert if the MC is no longer available for lunch. Hoping the server won’t be angry. It’s happened at Disney World (BOG). Its probably a prix fixed menu because of people like me. 😂
That's my plan, too, if I can't get a MC! Dessert and an appetizer or coffee :)

The online menus for both Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans seem to be back to normal. I have both booked for our upcoming trip and want to try the famous Monte Cristo at one of them. My question is which one is better? Or alternatively which restaurant do you prefer some of the other offerings more?

The online menus for both Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans seem to be back to normal. I have both booked for our upcoming trip and want to try the famous Monte Cristo at one of them. My question is which one is better? Or alternatively which restaurant do you prefer some of the other offerings more?
I had them both at BB and CO. They are made in the same kitchen. For me, they were the same. CO has the 3 cheese MC. BB only offers the regular BB.

If you don’t need the atmosphere of BB, I would get it from CO because it comes with the delicious pommes frites, which are one of my favorite things at DL.

If you don’t need the atmosphere of BB, I would get it from CO because it comes with the delicious pommes frites, which are one of my favorite things at DL.
I’ll be going to both either way. Just wondering which one I should try the Monte Cristo at and which one I should try something else. The pommes frites do make me lean CO for the Monte Cristo.

From Tuesday (9/19):

20230921_114431.jpg

Not that anyone needs this (the online version seems to be correct), but I was struck by how different this was than the one DramaTurtle23 posted last week.

Btw - that mousse is absolutely delicious. (I think it's a 100th Anniversary thing.)

One thing I'll note only because I wasn't sure it was common knowledge - on Tuesday, they weren't accepting Check-In via the app. You had to check in at the restaurant in-person. I was there at 10:40am and it was a little bit chaotic - the CM was clearly a bit frustrated, but it was hard to tell what was going on, where we needed to stand, etc.

Last edited:
Can confirm the Monte Cristo was available (and delicious) as of this Saturday 9/23 at lunch.

Note the filet has moved to dinner and now it’s a prime rib at lunch. Which makes no sense to me because who wants prime rib at lunch. But I digress…

Also can confirm you can order a lunch portion of the scallops for $10 more (4 scallops vs 2.) hope this helps!5BFBA52C-0F5D-4250-87FC-18A0A2A2EF38.jpeg

Attachments

• CDB55933-555C-406B-9019-1355A1B03429.jpeg
    CDB55933-555C-406B-9019-1355A1B03429.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 25
  • ADCCF9FC-44B7-4454-910B-F2EEED668A9B.jpeg
    ADCCF9FC-44B7-4454-910B-F2EEED668A9B.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 23
Can confirm the Monte Cristo was available (and delicious) as of this Saturday 9/23 at lunch.

Note the filet has moved to dinner and now it’s a prime rib at lunch. Which makes no sense to me because who wants prime rib at lunch. But I digress…

Also can confirm you can order a lunch portion of the scallops for $10 more (4 scallops vs 2.) hope this helps!View attachment 797019
Great info! I love scallops. Did you or anyone in your party last try them when you visited?

Yup, I did. It is a small entree, even with 4 scallops. It comes with a small amount of beans and some corn kernel things. If I did it again I would get a salad on the side with it.
Thanks! I may try this with a gumbo starter to fill out the meal. And if I'm still hungry that basque cheesecake sounds amazing.

Thanks! I may try this with a gumbo starter to fill out the meal. And if I'm still hungry that basque cheesecake sounds amazing.
Yup, that’s what I did (gumbo and scallops) plus a tiny bite of my friends Monte Cristo because I wanted the taste but not the commitment. Lol It was enough food but I would have appreciated a salad just to round it out… I had a churro afterwards instead. ;)

Also can confirm you can order a lunch portion of the scallops for $10 more (4 scallops vs 2.) hope this helps!View attachment 797019

we made a dinner reservation solely for the filet, since it's the only thing my daughter will eat off of the menu. She's a picky kid with good taste in steak!

I'm happy the prime rib is on both the lunch and dinner menu, that's what I'd like to try. I'm hoping someone has tried it and can report back.

Just had lunch at BB on Friday. We were all pleased with our meal. DH had the market fish - it was sea bass and cooked perfectly. I had the fritters and the escabeche (curious about it, as I'd never had that--it was weird but really good), our little guy had the kid's prime rib, which he loved. Great meal. Yes, it's pricey, but get a waterside table, and just enjoy the ride.

If anyone gets the Sunchoke and Pistachio Pesto dish, I'd love to hear what you thought of it! It's between that and the fish for me. My reservation window just opened up yesterday morning, so I snagged a BB dinner reservation for my family's first day of the trip. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter