• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou impossible to book?

jacobzking

Mouseketeer
I’ve been checking daily, for 60 days out, and have yet to see any availability for Blue Bayou.

Are people snagging them early in the morning at the 60 day mark? If so, what time? This is worse than getting a Be Our Guest table lol.

There are a couple threads out there talking about how incredibly unpredictable and crazy DL dining is right now. Some of the restaurants are only taking ADRs through mid-September, and there is no rhyme or reason to when they become available. Others are taking ADRs into October. My suggestion would be don't give up just yet, but you need to monitor often. We were waiting and waiting for NR late September, and that just popped 2 days ago. There is an app called *********** which worked really well for us - notified us when a table might be ready where and when we wanted. I got the notification, and sure enough I could get the reservation. Good luck with your reservations!

I wanted one so badly for our group of 6 that I paid $8 or $10 for a dining alert...it worked for BB, also got Oga's Cantina for another small fee. I didn't love the idea of paying for the alert, but at the same time, it was nominal to how much time I would have spent trying and trying on my own and compared to the amount of money we spent at each of those places. I would 100% do it again.

I didn't score my Blue Bayou reservation until weeks after the 60 day window opened up (long after I'd given up checking first thing in the morning). I definitely don't think it was people snapping them up at 3am, it seems like they just release different restaurants at different times. Keep trying! Good luck!

Sometimes they don't load reservations at the 60 day mark. It's the type of thing where you need to check often. Also, many people book and then cancel when they solidify their plans. Keep checking. If for some reason you don't get a reservation, walk up and ask about stand by. However, if you keep checking, chances are very high that you will get a reservation.

We got reservations for last week about 45 days before the trip by setting up alerts on Mouse Dining. They definitely did not stick to the 60 day 3 am rule. The meal was pretty disappointing as others have said... the Jambalaya was like airplane food and the roll / bread service is gone. If you make any request, the response is "But, COVID..." even if it's for more ice in your drink. They wouldn't let our 12 year old in the group order from the kids menu until I ordered an expensive glass of wine and basically begged for the mac and cheese for her. Would I go back? YES because the environment is just so wonderful... but if I weren't waterside or first row in, I would walk out. Definitely too expensive and too mediocre to sit by the bathrooms or the bright entry.

It's been years since the DL Dining system has worked as it should. You would think at 60 days, it would be easy. But nope. It's a constant struggle.

We checked multiple times a day leading up to our trip last week, and never found ANYTHING. And we were a small party of 3, so not hard to seat. We just had no luck, but decided to just walk up and ask after getting off Pirates. They were able to seat us immediately! And many tables were empty. So no idea what is going on with the app, but go ahead and try for a walk up once you are there! We also got Lamplight Lounge the next day, which had also been booked solid for weeks. Good luck!!!

We checked multiple times a day leading up to our trip last week, and never found ANYTHING. And we were a small party of 3, so not hard to seat. We just had no luck, but decided to just walk up and ask after getting off Pirates. They were able to seat us immediately! And many tables were empty. So no idea what is going on with the app, but go ahead and try for a walk up once you are there! We also got Lamplight Lounge the next day, which had also been booked solid for weeks. Good luck!!!
That is awesome! It’s always worth checking I think. You can often also pick up reservations the day before as people’s plans change and they cancel o avoid the fee.

Just to share, I ate at the Blue Bayou on Saturday 8/21 at 2pm. When we were about to go in to be seated I heard some people asking if they were taking walkups and the hostess said they were not and that they were completely full. So I think the PP may have gotten very lucky!

We decided to do September trip last week. The odds of getting anything was zero. I went ahead and signed up to one of the reservation alert services. We already scored Lamplight and Cafe Orleans. I would never pay to reserve in the past, but this is well worth the time I would hae spent searching.

Dinner reservations have been made particularly difficult to navigate around for AP holders. I rarely plan my visits more than a week or so in advance, so getting a table at a decent restaurant is not even an option for me anymore. Guess I don't have the patience for that much planning.

I've tried to get BB reservations my last 5 trips. It never happens. The only place I ever see open is Cafe Orleans. Honestly though, for us it's just not worth it to try. We can thoroughly enjoy our QS meals with mobile order and not have to worry about the logistics of reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter