Blue Bayou Fantasmic seating when pregnant

Aimee_Jane83

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I just found out that I am pregnant and will be 17 weeks at the time we take our trip to Disneyland in May. From what I understand BB fantasmic seating is on the ground. Do they have seating options for pregnant women and is it even worth it to do the B.B. fantasmic package if they place pregnant women elsewhere? This is my boyfriends first time seeing fantasmic and I thought this would be a great date night for us.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

They don't have alternative seating for anyone but VIPs. I'd book it and then consider canceling but wait to cancel until right before your trip. At that point you'll know with confidence if you're ok sitting on the ground or not. You can cancel up to 24 hours prior. (Hopefully those who've had kids chime in- never having one myself I have no idea if you'll be fine sitting on the ground then. I hope so!!)

I think everyone is different. I know that personally I would have been just fine sitting on the ground for Fantasmic when I was 17 weeks pregnant... I was barely showing and not really uncomfortable at that point of my pregnancy. But your experience might vary.

I have 4 kids and would have been just fine sitting on the ground at 17 weeks. Now if it was 36+ weeks, I would say no as getting up would have been impossible :crazy2:

Best Wishes on your little one!
Have a magical time!

I’m going at 20 weeks and booking that package. I don’t have any concerns at the moment. I’ve started getting horrible sciatica but the chiropractor fixed that right up last time. I’m also getting a maternity support belt for the parks. You can always cancel if you don’t think you can do it.

I would keep the booking and wait and see. You'll probably be fine. You will probably appreciate the seat cushion though! It will depend a bit on how agile you are now and how your pregnancy goes. At about 32 weeks with my twins I was still okay on the floor. Actually, I would stretch out on the floor at work during my breaks to relieve the rib pain. But I have friends that could barely get off the couch at that stage.

Thanks for all your help. I just wasn't sure if there was an area towards the back where I would be able to stand if I needed to. I know its usually all sitting with a cushion and that's fine. It's just hard to tell right now how I will be handling at that stage and I don't want to be really uncomfortable and waste my money.

Congratulations! I was about 18 weeks when I went to DL and I was totally fine sitting for the fantasmic package. It was a couple of years ago and I think they've changed the location, but I would guess there is an area at the back where you would stand if you need to stretch your legs.

Remember to stay hydrated and have fun!!

...They don't have alternative seating for anyone but VIPs...
Guests are often accommidated with seating on the steps around the Anchor, just behind the BB area.
This is still seating on the ground, but the steps and handrails can be helpful.

...I would guess there is an area at the back where you would stand if you need to stretch your legs...
There is no standing in the BB area.

How much does this option cost? Is it the same as the regular RBT Fantasmic package?
It's more. Maybe $20 or $25 per person more. And my personal opinion is the view doesn't look as good. You can end up in the second row of tables or have a lamp post in your way.

It's more. Maybe $20 or $25 per person more. And my personal opinion is the view doesn't look as good. You can end up in the second row of tables or have a lamp post in your way.
Yeah, I've heard the view isn't great, but decent. I'm pretty sure we'll do the BB package, since we want to eat at BB anyways.

Sorry for hijacking, OP.

I agree, no standing within the BB area, but I thought they let guest stand in the very back, behind the ECVs and wheelchairs. At least when I was there, there were a few people standing back there (maybe they were with the ECV and wheelchair folks).
I can't speak for the BB section. But the RBT section backs up to a walkway and they had no issue with me standing in the back. It was great because I could sit to get off my feet while waiting, then stood up in back for the show. It was a great view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter