• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou Fantasmic Package

elbarto007

Find the Rebel Scum!
Is the reserved seating area for Fantasmic for the Blue Bayou package worth the extra money if lucky enough to snag one? Never saw Fantasmic in Disneyland so not familiar with the viewing areas. Do you get any other perks beside reserved area? It is standing room only? Correct? Thank you

note that there is no guarantee any of this will be true when it finally reopens.

unless it is really busy, you will be seated on the ground. You will get a seating pad, that you can take home that makes it easier to sit on ground. Blue bayou was only option to get that seating pad, so that was perk.

you would be seating near the water, in the center of the show. There should still be maps for fantasmic on the web that you can google.

id say it is worth it, if you enjoy blue bayou. Otherwise, not so much. Ive enjoyed the show just as much from the hungry bear dining package.

Worth it. Cheaper options are Hungry Bear and River Belle. We did River Belle once but Blue Bayou has better food, better ambiance, and you get a foam seating pad which is actually quite nice as opposed to sitting on hard cement, and it makes a good souvenir. The old Fastpass area is standing only, so just being able to sit the entire time with a dining package makes it worth it. Stick around after the show to watch fireworks from the same spot.

Loved the BB dining package. Front and center, reserved space, and cute pads to take away. We were there for the holidays in 2018 and stayed put after Fantasmic for the fireworks and "snow" - we didn't know the snow was coming, and it was one of the most magical family moments we've ever had at DL. We also did the table seating River Belle Terrace package, when that existed. Didn't like it. Far better food at BB, much better view on the ground without people waking past, and the RBT table was wet and wobbly. I'd try Hungry Bear before doing RBT again, but we thought BB was a winner.

Love it!! I will do it every time once it's back! Absolutely worth it to me. Best viewing I've ever had for Fantasmic, plus you get to sit instead of stand!

This was one of my "hate lists" pre-COVID. If you wanted to sit to see F!, you had to fork over a lot of extra money. A FP just got you to a place where you had to stand for an hour to wait and then stand for the half hour show. Totally sucked. That's why I prefer the WDW version better. Not for the show, but for the view. I consider this the test run for Genie+. The first jab at customers to pay for what they used to get for free. And then we all willingly let spend the money and make sure they keep doing it.

This was one of my "hate lists" pre-COVID. If you wanted to sit to see F!, you had to fork over a lot of extra money. A FP just got you to a place where you had to stand for an hour to wait and then stand for the half hour show. Totally sucked. That's why I prefer the WDW version better. Not for the show, but for the view. I consider this the test run for Genie+. The first jab at customers to pay for what they used to get for free. And then we all willingly let spend the money and make sure they keep doing it.

And for me, on my once a year visit, the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining package was so worth it. I would be eating at Blue Bayou anyway, and for a little more money I could get the premium viewing section with a cushion. Staking out a good free viewing spot takes up too much valuable park time.

This is me too. We haven't been to DL for almost 4 years. When we go, we make use of packages where they save us time, because we want to squeeze every minute of fun out of our limited opportunity.

The seating was great, but after doing it twice, we wouldn’t do BB again-maybe one of the other dining packages. Love Fantasmic but the BB food is so mediocre and overpriced-and from all reports, it’s worse now than pre-pandemic.

We loved the RB Terrace package because I can't sit on the ground (medical issue) for any extended periods and while the view from the back tables at RBT wasn't ideal, it wasn't bad and we were a LOT more comfortable. I sure hope this package is offered again when we come back in December, because we'll miss Fantasmic!'s return by one week this May trip. (Unless they do a soft opening - Please, of Please!)

Worth it. Cheaper options are Hungry Bear and River Belle. We did River Belle once but Blue Bayou has better food, better ambiance, and you get a foam seating pad which is actually quite nice as opposed to sitting on hard cement, and it makes a good souvenir. The old Fastpass area is standing only, so just being able to sit the entire time with a dining package makes it worth it. Stick around after the show to watch fireworks from the same spot.
What food do you normally order from BB?

Loved the BB dining package. Front and center, reserved space, and cute pads to take away. We were there for the holidays in 2018 and stayed put after Fantasmic for the fireworks and "snow" - we didn't know the snow was coming, and it was one of the most magical family moments we've ever had at DL. We also did the table seating River Belle Terrace package, when that existed. Didn't like it. Far better food at BB, much better view on the ground without people waking past, and the RBT table was wet and wobbly. I'd try Hungry Bear before doing RBT again, but we thought BB was a winner.
I thought they got rid of the cushions? Are they back?

So currently, if you have a BB reservation, can you choose the dinning package for F!, or is is a separate type of reservation at booking?

So currently, if you have a BB reservation, can you choose the dinning package for F!, or is is a separate type of reservation at booking?
For dates before August 27th you can request the upgrade by booking a regular BB reservation and asking upon arrival.

For dates after august 27th you need a specific blue bayou Fantasmic package reservation.

No cushions anymore but eBay has lots! 😁. Got mine very reasonably priced.

Food at BB not worth the price anymore. Do Hungry Bear,location is just as good.

Food at BB not worth the price anymore. Do Hungry Bear,location is just as good.
What I'm struggling with the most is the food! I don't see anything I'd be interested in at Hungry Bear. I thought maybe we'd settle on RBT, but I've heard mixed reviews about the food there too. Any feedback on their menu? At BB I'd probably get the monte cristo, but doing so makes the package price really unreasonable. BB makes sense if you want to get the filet mignon, but we've got multiple people who have braces and can't do steak.

We booked the HB package for our trip, and are considering getting cushions from eBay. My concern is how big/bulky they are and whether they’ll be a pain to carry around all day, as we have a full park day planned. Any insight?

We booked the HB package for our trip, and are considering getting cushions from eBay. My concern is how big/bulky they are and whether they’ll be a pain to carry around all day, as we have a full park day planned. Any insight?
We have quite a few from past trips. They are about 12x12 perfect square and about an inch thick. The will easily fit in the bottom a suit under clothes. As far as in the park we would leave them in the stroller but they also fit in a backpack. When I get home I'll take some pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter