• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou and Fantasmic

juliekzp

DIS Veteran
Just grabbed Blue Bayou reservations for tomorrow at 5:40. What are the chances of being able to upgrade to the Fantasmic package that late in the day? And could it even possible be the first showing?

Thanks!

Were you able to get the Fantasmic package with your dinner dining res? We are going in September and planning on Blue Bayou for dinner but hoping that won't be too late in the day to add the Fantasmic package for the first show. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Were you able to get the Fantasmic package with your dinner dining res? We are going in September and planning on Blue Bayou for dinner but hoping that won't be too late in the day to add the Fantasmic package for the first show. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
My reservation is just the regular one. I don’t think we will be able to get the first show tickets. The second show doesn’t even need a pass from recent videos. My kids won’t stay up that late (we’re traveling from CST).

Grab the Fantasmic package if you can.

Just grabbed Blue Bayou reservations for tomorrow at 5:40. What are the chances of being able to upgrade to the Fantasmic package that late in the day? And could it even possible be the first showing?

Thanks!
Were you able to get the vouchers for the first Fantasmic show with your 5:40 BB reservation or were they already gone?

My reservation is just the regular one. I don’t think we will be able to get the first show tickets. The second show doesn’t even need a pass from recent videos. My kids won’t stay up that late (we’re traveling from CST).

Grab the Fantasmic package if you can.
I won't be able to stay up late enough for the second show either! LOL I hope there will still be some first show vouchers left after lunch. Hopefully someone who has been recently can share their experience.

We have normal reservations at Blue Bayou for lunch on Thursday and I’m going to try and see if we can upgrade for the first show. If not, I was able to reserve the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package and that is my backup. All through one of the dining watch sites - those were a lifesaver for our upcoming trip.

I am wanting to know this, too. I have dinner reservations on 8/8 for 5:40pm. I will definitely report back with our experience but hopefully someone can chime in sooner!

I am wanting to know this, too. I have dinner reservations on 8/8 for 5:40pm. I will definitely report back with our experience but hopefully someone can chime in sooner!
If possible can you report back on what the latest time to check in to the Fantasmic area is. We have SI joint and Disc issues and I can’t believe they’re making people who paid extra sit on the ground (they should have the option of sitting upfront or standing in the back in the viewing area.)

If possible can you report back on what the latest time to check in to the Fantasmic area is. We have SI joint and Disc issues and I can’t believe they’re making people who paid extra sit on the ground (they should have the option of sitting upfront or standing in the back in the viewing area.)
Absolutely!!!!

We ended up snagging a River Belle premium package so won’t be trying to get upgraded at Blue Bayou - sorry I won’t be able to report back! But for anyone going - signup for one of the dining watch sites. I’ve gotten every single dining reservation I wanted, including MSEP and Fantasmic packages. A bunch of stuff opened up in the day or two before our trip as people canceled before the 24-hour limit.

We ended up snagging a River Belle premium package so won’t be trying to get upgraded at Blue Bayou - sorry I won’t be able to report back! But for anyone going - signup for one of the dining watch sites. I’ve gotten every single dining reservation I wanted, including MSEP and Fantasmic packages. A bunch of stuff opened up in the day or two before our trip as people canceled before the 24-hour limit.
We’re going this week and I couldn’t get a Fantasmic package (searching for Blue Bayou with MD).

Do look at more recent TripAdvisor reviews for River Belle Fantasmic and arrive early; there are some obstructed views and they won’t allow chairs to be moved, so some people have to stand at the back (not great if you paid for seats).

We’re going this week and I couldn’t get a Fantasmic package (searching for Blue Bayou with MD).

Do look at more recent TripAdvisor reviews for River Belle Fantasmic and arrive early; there are some obstructed views and they won’t allow chairs to be moved, so some people have to stand at the back (not great if you paid for seats).
Thanks for the info! Good to know!

We had dinner at Blue Bayou yesterday (5 pm) and they only offer the Fantasmic upgrade for the 9 pm show (which is great). We could have upgraded and did think about it but our kids were tired and crowds were intense so we chose not to. The waitress said we need to arrive at the ropes area anytime between 8:30-8:45 pm for the 9 pm show, so that’s not too bad.

Blue Bayou was just ok. No bread service even for a price (thinking Steakhouse71), overly salted gumbo and steak was decent but the sides didn’t work well (some tangy marinara sauce and dry potatoes with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top; needed some garlic butter or something moist, a real signature sauce). The portion size is decent and we were full. Dessert options are not great and the chocolate cake is a skip (too sweet). They need a pirate themed dessert like Tiffins Lion King dessert. Kids small scoop of ice cream with Oreo cookies was ok. They need some creative make your own cupcake type dessert that would keep the kids occupied. Maybe a pirate chest or something.

So we did River Belle Terrace last night with the premium Fantasmic package. Food wasn’t great, probably the worst meal we’ve had on the trip. That said, it was ok. However, the location was great. We were one row back from the railing, but we could see everything. And having a two-year-old with us, it was really great that we didn’t have to move or find a space - we could just sit and watch after dinner. So highly recommended for the location, especially if you don’t want to sit on the ground for an hour to get a good space in one of the reserved sections. But don’t expect a great meal.

So we did River Belle Terrace last night with the premium Fantasmic package. Food wasn’t great, probably the worst meal we’ve had on the trip. That said, it was ok. However, the location was great. We were one row back from the railing, but we could see everything. And having a two-year-old with us, it was really great that we didn’t have to move or find a space - we could just sit and watch after dinner. So highly recommended for the location, especially if you don’t want to sit on the ground for an hour to get a good space in one of the reserved sections. But don’t expect a great meal.
I am curious what you ordered? I have eaten there twice for Fantasmic (standard package for lunch) and found the food surprisingly good as I was expecting not to like it. Is the premium menu different?

Good to hear about the spot but bummer about the food. What did you order?

How was the chocolate sphere dessert if you had it?

My wife and I both had the steak and scallops. The scallops were pretty good, but the steak was served rare - without them asking us what temperature we wanted it. We noticed another table had the same issue and sent their steak back. My wife sent hers back and it came back very well done - not what she wanted in either case. I’m not a chocolate fan (I know, I hear it from my wife all the time) but she had it and it was good, but almost too chocolaty - and she loves chocolate.

so hard to get a booking for this though 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter