BLT studio.

foom1011

Earning My Ears
I've read that these units are small. We are going in January for our first DVC trip. Myself, my wife and our 4 year old son. Any feedback,

We are grandparents, and last year we had our then 8 year grandson with us in a BLT studio. I was alone for 2 nights, then DH and DGS came for 2 nights. We all liked it, and did not feel it was TOO small. (It is small.) He was not interested in going to parks, but he enjoyed the Community room, and as our gift to him, he spent a lot of time in the room constructing and playing with the 3 Lego sets we bought for him.

We did fold the sofa bed up during the day.

We enjoyed going to the lounge for fireworks at night. We took the boat over to the campground for dinner at Trails End. It was a delightful stay.

This year we have the same sort of trip with DGD, now 8, but she picked AKV savannah view as her DVCResort.

Bobbi:goodvibes

At the risk of sounding like my grandparents, when I was growing up…
We stayed in a two-queen bed hotel room everywhere we went all the time. And there were four of us: two parents and two children. There were no such things as suites that were affordable to us, refrigerators were a luxury, and we spent most of our time eating out of the cooler we would pack. And this was at the Polynesian!

In summation, I think you and your wife and your four-year-old should be just fine in a nice studio that has a big bed and a pullout couch.

We felt that it was small.

Our perception may have been skewed by the fact that we had just hopped over from an OKW studio.

However, when I think about the studios we've stayed in (AKL, OKW, SSR, VGC) it still seems small.

AKL - 366 sq ft
BCV - 365 sq ft
BLT - 300 sq ft
BWV - 359 sq ft
OKW - 390 sq ft
SSR - 355 sq ft
VWL - 356 sq ft

Half the room is taken up by the bathroom and the kitchenette. The bed area is small.

I've seen different posted square footage for the studios depending on the site. I think the size is close to the other newer DVC studios. I think the 300 sq ft is low. We have had a split stay in a Kidani studio to a BLT studio. The overall size seemed about the same. However, the layout of BLT makes the living/sleeping area smaller. I'll bring my tape measure next time - wait - no I won't - I don't really care.

We've stayed in a studio (family of 4) twice. We'll be in one again this year. I don't mind it at all (as long as I have my tp view).

We stayed at BLT for the first time this past April, in a studio (also for the first time). I think you will be comfortable with a 4 yr. old in that room. Not sure I'd want to try it with 2 other adults though-it would be a bit tight. There is plenty of storage for clothing (silly me never opened the upper cabinets near the tv and discovered those the day prior to leaving!)

One thing we REALLY liked was the kitchen layout area-not sure if it is like this in all studios this was our first studio stay (we usually spread out in a one bedroom for the two of us-I'm an early riser and like to get my coffee and read while hubby sleeps.)

Although I felt the bathroom vanity was lacking counter space, we compensated by using the additional area in the kitchen (where I assume the bathroom sink used to be located). BTW that is where I found the hairdryer after a desperate search!

All in all I was very surprised at how much we loved BLT. We are BWV owners and I almost felt like a traitor! :lmao::lmao:

We (myself, DH and DD was 2) did one night in a studio at BLT during our trip last November. In regards to a PP commenting on a "standard" hotel room, the studios at BLT are even smaller as they have a queen bed and pull out sofa bed, not two queen beds as you find in most hotel rooms.

With that being said...the location and pool cannot be beat. As long as you aren't spending too much time in the room you will love staying at BLT! DD had the pool pretty much to herself and we loved being a monorail ride away from EPCOT and a short walk to MK. Enjoy!

My family of 4 (kids were 7 & 8) had a great time at BLT. I was expecting to be squeezed in like sardines, but it was great. Have a fabulous time!

Just fold up the sofa bed every morning and you will be fine. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for all your feedback. We are looking forward to going. I think we should be fine.

We are going to be in a blt studio in jan too! Its our first dvc stay, and there are some great youtube video tours of studios. I think our family of four will be fine, just close the sofa, if you are even in the room with MK so close!:cloud9:

One thing we REALLY liked was the kitchen layout area-not sure if it is like this in all studios this was our first studio stay (we usually spread out in a one bedroom for the two of us-I'm an early riser and like to get my coffee and read while hubby sleeps.)

Although I felt the bathroom vanity was lacking counter space, we compensated by using the additional area in the kitchen (where I assume the bathroom sink used to be located). BTW that is where I found the hairdryer after a desperate search!
:

The kitchen layout is different from all other studios that I have been in - I do really like it but it takes away from the bedroom/living room space. I love it for the 2 of us but would spring for a bigger room if we had someone with us.

The sink in the bathroom was added later so there wasn't a lot of room to use to put it- the additional space in the kitchen is part of where the bathroom sink was first located.

We stayed at BLT for the first time this past April, in a studio (also for the first time). I think you will be comfortable with a 4 yr. old in that room. Not sure I'd want to try it with 2 other adults though-it would be a bit tight. There is plenty of storage for clothing (silly me never opened the upper cabinets near the tv and discovered those the day prior to leaving!)

All in all I was very surprised at how much we loved BLT. We are BWV owners and I almost felt like a traitor! :lmao::lmao:

We just experienced a BLT studio in June and found it small, but nicely appointed. We also agree pretty much with this above experience.

However, when we stay there next time, we will take some kind of "hooks" for our towels. That is the only thing that drove us crazy! There is no place to hang anything in the bathroom.

If you close the sofa bed during the day to give yourself more room you will be fine especially travelling with your child. :) A large villa with a lot of space is a luxury not a necessity.

It is small, but fine. There is a lot of storage in the kitchen. As others said, make sure to close up the sofa bed each day. We choose studios even though they are small because i like long trips - to me its worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter