• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT or BWV?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are going on a short weekend getaway this August and we're only planning on going to the Magic Kingdom since we only plan to spend one day in the parks. But now that I think about it, I'm wondering if I should switch to Boardwalk and go to Epcot instead. There won't be kids with us and it just seems like a place with more adult-themed things to do. I'm really torn about it.

If you had one weekend, would you go to Boardwalk and Epcot or Bay Lake and the Magic Kingdom? We're going back next year for a family trip.

I'm a Magic Kingdom person and I'd stay at Bay Lake but my son is an Epcot person and would definite stay at Boardwalk. I guess it's just what you want to be close to.

I'm useless... I'd pick Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom hah...

What activities were you guys looking into outside of your park day? Does the Monorail Resort area cater better to those activities or the Boardwalk area? Any restaurants you fancy being kid-less... or places you've wanted to pop into, such as Trader Sams or similar? Anything new, at any park/resort you would like to see?

When you say 'adult themed' how so? If you've never truly explored the countries... or would love to stop into one of the table service restaurants... or explore the 'beers/drinks of the world'... then I agree Epcot is certainly the place. Unless there's a festival happening though, for us, Epcot tends to fall short for a good 'one day park fix'...

'Adults scream just as loud and run just as wild at Magic Kingdom... as they do Epcot...'
- Samantha Brown-ish

A kid free weekend sounds wonderful... I think I would focus a bit less on the park itself... and more on the Resort options and the non-park activities you might like to take advantage of with such an opportunity... especially knowing you'll be returning next year!

I certainly understand that. My son says the Beach Club is the best. I have also debated Animal Kingdom. I'd love to stay there but I always come back to the Magic Kingdom.

I'm useless... I'd pick Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom hah...

What activities were you guys looking into outside of your park day? Does the Monorail Resort area cater better to those activities or the Boardwalk area? Any restaurants you fancy being kid-less... or places you've wanted to pop into, such as Trader Sams or similar? Anything new, at any park/resort you would like to see?

When you say 'adult themed' how so? If you've never truly explored the countries... or would love to stop into one of the table service restaurants... or explore the 'beers/drinks of the world'... then I agree Epcot is certainly the place. Unless there's a festival happening though, for us, Epcot tends to fall short for a good 'one day park fix'...

'Adults scream just as loud and run just as wild at Magic Kingdom... as they do Epcot...'
- Samantha Brown-ish

A kid free weekend sounds wonderful... I think I would focus a bit less on the park itself... and more on the Resort options and the non-park activities you might like to take advantage of with such an opportunity... especially knowing you'll be returning next year!
Great points, thank you!!! I guess I just figure that there might be more to do over by the boardwalk with restaurants and entertainment, we've not explored any of that area on our past trips. And Epcot has more restaurants and adult-beverage options than MK, which we like. We thought about trying to pop over to Hollywood Studios too to see Toy Story Land. We're going the week before Food and Wine starts, so no festivals to worry about. Since it's just a short trip I feel like we need to choose one area of WDW and stick with it.

Great points, thank you!!! I guess I just figure that there might be more to do over by the boardwalk with restaurants and entertainment, we've not explored any of that area on our past trips. And Epcot has more restaurants and adult-beverage options than MK, which we like. We thought about trying to pop over to Hollywood Studios too to see Toy Story Land. We're going the week before Food and Wine starts, so no festivals to worry about. Since it's just a short trip I feel like we need to choose one area of WDW and stick with it.
Good for you. Trying something new is the way to go. I wish I could pull myself away from the Magic Kingdom area. Maybe someday.

Good for you. Trying something new is the way to go. I wish I could pull myself away from the Magic Kingdom area. Maybe someday.
Well, I booked BLT for a reason -- the thought of going to WDW for even a day without seeing the castle hurts my heart. But I'm trying to be strong! LOL

... But I we have stayed at a Magic Kingdom resort before but never an Epcot resort...

... I guess I just figure that there might be more to do over by the boardwalk with restaurants and entertainment, we've not explored any of that area on our past trips. And Epcot has more restaurants and adult-beverage options than MK, which we like...

This would seal the deal for me!

Something new to explore and experience... in an atmosphere that you may not think of with a few kids in tow. The Boardwalk area is lovely... there's just something about the atmosphere, from the Boardwalk Bakery to the evening lighting... it just has a completely different feel than the rest of the resort area! Don't overlook a late night competitive game of miniature golf either... sobriety isn't required.

... the thought of going to WDW for even a day without seeing the castle hurts my heart. But I'm trying to be strong! LOL

You can always escape to the MK resort area to catch the fireworks (and a castle glimpse) on the beach after a drink (or 4) at Trader Sams too... best of both worlds really!

This would seal the deal for me!

Something new to explore and experience... in an atmosphere that you may not think of with a few kids in tow. The Boardwalk area is lovely... there's just something about the atmosphere, from the Boardwalk Bakery to the evening lighting... it just has a completely different feel than the rest of the resort area! Don't overlook a late night competitive game of miniature golf either... sobriety isn't required.

You can always escape to the MK resort area to catch the fireworks (and a castle glimpse) on the beach after a drink (or 4) at Trader Sams too... best of both worlds really!
I really like your name! It's fun.

Well, EP is my favorite park so I'm pretty biased. I would choose BWI. I think you hit the nail on the head. There are so many more "adult" options in the EP WS and Boardwalk area. DH and I had our first adults-only trip to BWI and have had plenty a date night in EP!

Edited to add: I know it costs more, but maybe buy a one day PH, start your day in MK, monorail to EP and then make your way through the park back to BWI in the evening? Best of both worlds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter