• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Lake View with Partial MK View?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
I've heard that some of the Lake View rooms at Bay Lake Tower have a partial view of the Magic Kingdom, but not enough to be considered a Magic Kingdom View room. Can you request to be in one of these rooms? We are heading down next week to stay in a 2 Bedroom Lake View and I would LOVE to have even a small view of MK if at all possible. Have any of you stayed in one of these rooms? Is it something you can request? (I realize that requests are not always granted, but it never hurts to ask!)

We had a dedicated two bedroom at BLT last month - room 8402. It was on the 14th floor, and had a beautiful view of Bay Lake, and a side view of the MK. I requested high floor, north, even numbered room. I usually don't get my room requests met, but this one was great.

^I believe that request is the one that is right on if you want chance of partial MK view -- it is the higher floor rooms on the outer side of the building which faces north and are even numbered rooms

Should I call and request this or make the request when I get there?

I put my request in when I reserved the villa at the 7 month mark. When I checked in, I asked if they had been able to meet my request - and they said yes.

I asked for the same as the PP in a different order; even-numbered room, high floor, north crescent. When I first checked in, none of my requests had been fulfilled. But the very nice CM made a call and got us into studio 8206. It met all my requests and we had a great view of MK and the castle.

I had a standard view studio last month that had an excellent view of the MK from the balcony. The same as the previous posters, I had an even numbered room on the 5th floor (sky bridge level).

Even if you get the standard or lake view, you will get a ton of opportunities to view the MK. We weren't disappointed. The bridge, the elevator areas, the lounge, the entry into the Contemporary all have excellent views.

I know I won't be disappointed no matter where our room is. We actually stayed in a 1 bedroom lake view last year and absolutely LOVED the view. We couldn't see any part of MK but saw the Electrical Water Pageant every night. We were also able to see Epcot in the distance which was great, so we'll be happy with whatever we get but I figured it couldn't hurt to request a room on the other side this time. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter