BLT lake view vs theme park view?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi..
I am wondering if it is truly worth it to invest points in a theme park view?

In the videos it seems that the true sight (during the day) is the parking lot/ space mountain and a bit of the castle.. is the feeling there different?

At night perhaps the fireworks view from the balcony might be something but still TOWL is available..

What have you done?

Thanks

We own at BLT but have only been there twice. We lucked out the first stay. We had lake view, but it was an extra special lake view. We had a view of Space Mountain and if I look to the left off the MB I could see the castle perfectly. We watched wishes from our sofa. LOL. But the view from the Master balcony was spectacular! It was either 8th or 10th floor and all the way down the hall the furthest from the bridge that connects to CR.

The 2nd trip we had Lakeview again. We had a straight on lakeview from the inner circle, however we were on the Top floor just a few feet from TOWL. That was cool. We had to use our cars to access our floor, my sons felt very special. Lol So, both trips we had Lakeview but pretty good locations.

And I agree that during the day the Parkview is the parking lot. You can see the Castle in the distance and Space Mountain. But at night it probably is a lot more special. I think the higher the floor the better.

Good luck with your decision. 😎👍🏻

We prefer lake view with a high floor request (which we have gotten last 4 times there). Here is the situation with Theme Park view. If you request and get high floor (8 or above) it is OK, but high floor is a non-guaranteed request, and the lower floor theme park view rooms are just a huge point rip-off because the main view you get, and thus the view you have paid all those points for, is that of a large parking lot and the monorail tracks.

We own at BLT. I prefer the LV to the TPV. Like PP said, some TPV really have a parking lot view. Sure you can still see Space Mountain, but it's not completely beautiful. I've never had a bad LV room.

I've been happy with LV. Best reason for TPV seems like fireworks -- not sure worthwhile if they don't have them or you won't be in your room for them.

I believe there are some lake views on the outside (theme park side) of the horseshoe that can see the fireworks. My brother owns there and he usually requests that location.

Worth noting that fireworks are off schedule with no announced or planned return date, and TOTWL is also closed without an anticipated reopening date.

LV at least guarantees you... a lake view.

We always do the lake view. A couple of times we have gotten lucky and gotten the first "lakeview" room by the last "theme parkview" room (most likely the same room as someone else above mentione!), and that was pretty awesome. Other times we have been on the inside of the horseshoe and had a really nice lakeview over the pool area. We usually aren't in our rooms for the fireworks, so it's not worth it to us to spend the points. But I really liked the lakeview over the pool area, as we got to see a couple of pretty amazing sunrises.

We bought into BLT the spring of 2009 before it opened. We have loved staying there and don't even consider TP views. We have no issues at all with LV. In fact, in 2013 we had a GV LV to celebrate our daughters 5 year anniversary and also had our grandson. The GV was on the Contemporary side looking towards it and he LOVED seeing the monorail go in and out of the Contemporary!! So for the difference in points, we will always opt for LV. We have also had a Standard view, saving even more points. It was obviously on a lower floor and was on the inside looking out towards the pool and was great. As someone mentioned, with no fireworks, I can't see springing for TP view at this time.

When we stay at BLT, we usually get LV. However, two years ago we surprised the kids with a few days at Disney after a cruise. We splurged for TPV and it was amazing. I believe we were on the 7th floor. Watching the fireworks from our balcony was magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter