BLT Lake view (2) Bedroom or OKW -- May, 2018

apulk

Mouseketeer
First -- I'm really surprised that there seems to still be a lot of availability for BLT 2 Bedroom in May (less than 7 months out). Wondering if I should read into that or something. Not worth the points? We will have a group of 8 adults and need the sleeping chair for things to work out. Have 7 nights book at OKW but am now thinking of cutting back one night to "upgrade" to BLT Lake view (advantage is location for MK and 3rd bathroom).

Really torn....BLT will still be more points for one less night but seems like a great location and more "upscale" feel than OKW. My family is all saying they don't care but I can see the gleam in their eyes that they like the BLT idea. Think I better decide soon because we have to commit soon for airfare and I'm sure availability won't last much longer. Kidani Savanah view is available but we stayed there on our last big family trip

Thoughts?

Wondering if I should read into that or something.

The only thing to read into this is that it's May, which is a low-demand month for DVC in general, and BLT has 120 dedicated 2BRs before you even start dancing with the lock-off units.

Unless you're really into Disney Springs or golf, I'd go BLT just for the extra bathroom.

The only thing to read into this is that it's May, which is a low-demand month for DVC in general, and BLT has 120 dedicated 2BRs before you even start dancing with the lock-off units.

Unless you're really into Disney Springs or golf, I'd go BLT just for the extra bathroom.

That helps....was wondering if the demand wasn't as high for some reason. Seems like an overly practical reason but -- that 3rd bathroom I think will REALLY help with 8 people. And the great location.

That helps....was wondering if the demand wasn't as high for some reason. Seems like an overly practical reason but -- that 3rd bathroom I think will REALLY help with 8 people. And the great location.
If they're not regulars, BLT really is more of a wow factor than OKW.

BLT does have the WOW factor (we own there) but I just got back from my first stay at OKW and I LOVED it. We were in a two-bedroom and it's nicest DVC unit I have ever been in (and I have stayed in the Bungalows). The proximity to the dining and Night Life at Disney Springs was great and the bus service there was terrific, especially for adults. I would highly recommend giving OKW a shot if you are looking for something quieter with great dining and a huge room. I can't wait to go back!

LOL -- I think the answers to my questions are going to land us in the same spot from before I asked......tough call. Do like the WOW factor of BLT (all of us do and 6 of us are long time, many visit regulars) + the haven't stayed at BLT before factor. Laid back OKW and big rooms are great too and love the boat to Disney Springs (but that's one night probably)........seriously -- it might come down to do we want WOW and the 3rd bathroom. :)

I would do BLT... especially if ease of transportation is important.

Plus you can go quickly to the Top of the World lounge!

LOL -- I think the answers to my questions are going to land us in the same spot from before I asked......tough call. Do like the WOW factor of BLT (all of us do and 6 of us are long time, many visit regulars) + the haven't stayed at BLT before factor. Laid back OKW and big rooms are great too and love the boat to Disney Springs (but that's one night probably)........seriously -- it might come down to do we want WOW and the 3rd bathroom. :)
So true! You can't lose no matter which way you go.

One more thing to consider. This trip we wanted to spend most of our time at Pandora and we went to Universal for a day. It is MUCH easier to get to the Animal Kingdom and Universal from OKW. Our bus was never full with plenty of seats and UBER will pick you up at your unit.

The bus from BLT has been a nightmare for us every time we have stayed there. You make stops at other resorts and usually the buses are filled to the brim. Not the case with OKW. That said, if you are spending time mostly at MK and Epcot, BLT may be easier and I agree the 3 bathrooms are just awesome!

And, I do prefer a drink at Jock Lindsay's over the Top of the World! We were at Disney Springs 4 of our 5 nights!

So true! You can't lose no matter which way you go.

One more thing to consider. This trip we wanted to spend most of our time at Pandora and we went to Universal for a day. It is MUCH easier to get to the Animal Kingdom and Universal from OKW. Our bus was never full with plenty of seats and UBER will pick you up at your unit.

The bus from BLT has been a nightmare for us every time we have stayed there. You make stops at other resorts and usually the buses are filled to the brim. Not the case with OKW. That said, if you are spending time mostly at MK and Epcot, BLT may be easier and I agree the 3 bathrooms are just awesome!

And, I do prefer a drink at Jock Lindsay's over the Top of the World! We were at Disney Springs 4 of our 5 nights!

I would also consider walking to MK to catch the bus. It's an easy walk and probably more bus traffic than any resort. We own at BLT but our friends own at OKW. Seriously not a wrong answer in this math. I think it comes down to quiet with quick access to DS or more 'in the mix' in a monrail resort with quick access to MK (walk or monorail) and EPCOT (monorail). Also quick access to Trader Sam's in the Poly...my choice over TOWL if given the chance.

Thanks everyone -- I ended up making the switch today to a 2 bedroom lake view for 6 nights in May, 2018. The more I thought about it -- the only thing keeping me from doing it sooner was how many points I was borrowing from the future. Then this morning on my weekly 2+ hour drive to Cleveland for client work it hit me.....I'm worrying about points that might impact options in 2019 or even 2020. Our two youngest are in college (sophomore and junior) and our two oldest are in their late 20's -- add in our son's girlfriend and one of our daughter's long time boyfriend that means we had to pick a week that worked with 8 pretty busy people. What hit me on the drive to CLE was that it's just going to get more and more difficult to make these family trips happen so stop worrying about points a few years from now and go for what everyone really wanted (but didn't want to tell Dad in case it sounded spoiled :goodvibes).

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks everyone -- I ended up making the switch today to a 2 bedroom lake view for 6 nights in May, 2018. The more I thought about it -- the only thing keeping me from doing it sooner was how many points I was borrowing from the future. Then this morning on my weekly 2+ hour drive to Cleveland for client work it hit me.....I'm worrying about points that might impact options in 2019 or even 2020. Our two youngest are in college (sophomore and junior) and our two oldest are in their late 20's -- add in our son's girlfriend and one of our daughter's long time boyfriend that means we had to pick a week that worked with 8 pretty busy people. What hit me on the drive to CLE was that it's just going to get more and more difficult to make these family trips happen so stop worrying about points a few years from now and go for what everyone really wanted (but didn't want to tell Dad in case it sounded spoiled :goodvibes).

Thanks again everyone.

And remember, you can always add on if you need more points. :cool1:

We love both resorts and have stayed everywhere but BCV and the Wilderness lodge properties. With that said, you will be talking for a long time to come about how nice it was to be able to walk to MK. Now, our extended family with young kids is perhaps a bit more MK centric, but it is still so nice to just wander over, and back. I think you will really enjoy it, and the extra bath will be a hit too. Have a great time!

I think you made a great decision on BLT!! The 3rd bathroom will be huge helping everyone get ready! Plus being able to walk to and from MK and monorail to Epcot is so very nice!! We did BLT lake view once and loved it - Bay Lake is so pretty to look at and the water pageant passes by nightly. Even for adults it's cute to see while sitting out on the balcony! :) Enjoy!!

I think you made a great decision on BLT!! The 3rd bathroom will be huge helping everyone get ready! Plus being able to walk to and from MK and monorail to Epcot is so very nice!! We did BLT lake view once and loved it - Bay Lake is so pretty to look at and the water pageant passes by nightly. Even for adults it's cute to see while sitting out on the balcony! :) Enjoy!!

Thanks for the confirmation. As soon as I booked it I knew we wouldn't regret it. Let the countdown begin!!!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter