BLT- here now! :)

Oh, how I adore Jambo. Just sitting on the balcony and checking out the animals is fantastic. We can see the top of Expedition Everest and the Tree of Life from our balcony too!

We loved Jambo savanna view last December. Amazing!

The feel of this resort is just awesome. We visited Kidani but did not get the same feel as we did from Jambo. It is such a nice, relaxing getaway after being in the parks!

It's official. The crowds have arrived! They really began picking up on Monday. We arrived at AK extra early (7:20) for EMH. It paid off. They began letting us in around 7:45. Once they released at the Tree of Life DD7 and DH made it to EE pretty quickly. They walked right on. DS and I went to the Safari and waited for them. We saw several more animals today than we did on Monday. The kids had a blast in the Boneyard. They worked up quite a sweat and we cooled off In the Nemo show! The kids absolutely loved it. Such an amazing show! We decided to grab lunch...BIG MISTAKE! It was crazy! We decided to eat at Mara instead. Much better! We finally got to enjoy the pool here at Jambo. The slide was a hit as usual. Had to drag the kids away. MK tonight! Are we crazy or what?

MK wasn't too bad last night. We enjoyed some of the kids favorites...Laugh Floor, People Mover, BTMRR, and Move it, Shake it! Back at MK this morning for early EMH.

We got so much accomplished this morning. Rode more of the kids favorites. At about 10:00 it was getting really hot and crowded so we decided to monorail over to the Contemporary for a little pin trading and lunch. It was nice to be back over there but I am loving AKL Jambo. Despite the blazing sun and insane heat we are back at MK. We arrived just in time for the afternoon parade and now we are in line for Tiana. Looks like we will not be meeting Rapunzel his trip:( The FP return for the princesses was 9:30-10:30! We will try to see the Dream Along with Mickey show at the castle in a few! Trying to stay cool!

Just started reading your TR and enjoying it very much! We love doing a split stay to get more variety. Our favorite is BLT and BCV. We haven't stayed at AKL yet. I'm not so sure about it but everyone seems to love it there. It sure sounds like you are getting a lot done!

Isn't Jambo House wonderful! So beautiful. Just so special.
Wow, you have had such a long and wonderful trip. I hope you are getting a lot of great pictures too.
Did you ever try the new Wilderness Explorers at AK? If so, we would like to hear your report of that.

Isn't Jambo House wonderful! So beautiful. Just so special.
Wow, you have had such a long and wonderful trip. I hope you are getting a lot of great pictures too.
Did you ever try the new Wilderness Explorers at AK? If so, we would like to hear your report of that.

Yes, it has been a long trip! Loved every minute but I will say I am ready to sleep in my own bed! I just couldn't get my kids into doing Wilderness Explorers:( Maybe next year! Tomorrow we will check out of Jambo and go to Epcot. Our last night will be at POFQ (another first for us). We will leave bright and early Saturday morning!

Just started reading your TR and enjoying it very much! We love doing a split stay to get more variety. Our favorite is BLT and BCV. We haven't stayed at AKL yet. I'm not so sure about it but everyone seems to love it there. It sure sounds like you are getting a lot done!

Thanks! We are already thinking about our next trip. Can't decide where to stay. We want to do a split and are considering BLT, AKL, VWL, & OKW. The Epcot area resorts worry me because of shared bus service. I have heard lots of good things about BCV though.

Checked out of Jambo this morning:( We decided to drive to Epcot since we would be going to POFQ later. In line now for early EMH. We want to ride Test Track, Soarin', Mission Space (for DH) and Spaceship Earth. Anything else will be a bonus. We still have some VIP fast passes to use so that will help. I would love to be at POFQ by lunch time! Ready for a little vacation from my vacation! Lol!

Thanks! We are already thinking about our next trip. Can't decide where to stay. We want to do a split and are considering BLT, AKL, VWL, & OKW. The Epcot area resorts worry me because of shared bus service. I have heard lots of good things about BCV though.

I'm glad you've had such a good time. I wanted to comment on the above, simply because we LOVE the Epcot resort area. We own at BWV, and we don't find the buses that difficult. Yes, it sometimes is a challenge, but nothing that makes me want to NOT stay there. I've had great buses and bus problems at EVERY resort. What we love about BWV is being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Especially if you split your stay, you should give this area a try. If the buses truly concern you, concentrate on Epcot and DHS during this leg of your split! Then, at least you can try them out and decide if you'll ever be back. :goodvibes

I'm glad you've had such a good time. I wanted to comment on the above, simply because we LOVE the Epcot resort area. We own at BWV, and we don't find the buses that difficult. Yes, it sometimes is a challenge, but nothing that makes me want to NOT stay there. I've had great buses and bus problems at EVERY resort. What we love about BWV is being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Especially if you split your stay, you should give this area a try. If the buses truly concern you, concentrate on Epcot and DHS during this leg of your split! Then, at least you can try them out and decide if you'll ever be back. :goodvibes

You are right. The buses can be a challenge anywhere. Walking to Epcot and HS would be a bonus. Decisions, decisions! Lol

You. Should definitely try Kidani. The room layout and size is so appealing, in addition to the extra bath. We have really enjoyed the Kidani pool area with our young son. I agree with others about trying BWV. You need to form your own opinion about the clown pool! Of course, our only two stays at BWV have been with BW view, so our experience is a little biased. BLT is nice with the little ones. So many choices! Have fun planning!

Well, our vacation is officially over. We are on the road now :( I am so glad we decided to join DVC. BLT and AKL were amazing. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Random thoughts...
*We did the regular dining plan for the first half of the trip-LOVED it! 50s Prime Time, Rainforest Cafe, and Akershus were our favorites.
*Despite the heat and the crowds we will still come during June. It just works for us.
*If we ever pay cash for a room again it will be for POFQ. Enjoyed our last night there. It was small, quiet, and relaxing.
*Star Tours and Test Track are our new favorites.
*I think we will tour differently next year. Maybe no midday breaks but stay in the parks until three or four. If we do that then we won't do park hoppers. More resort time perhaps!

Getting back to the real world is tough! Laundry, house cleaning, and grocery shopping have been keeping me busy. Not so busy that I can't start thinking about next years trip! Right now DH and I are thinking of doing another split stay. As much as we loved BLT and AKL, we want to try other DVC resorts. We are considering VWL and OKW. I am worried that I won't like those as much as I liked BLT/AKL. What do y'all think?

Great trip report! Thanks:)
I think that if you LOVE AKV then you will also like VWL, something about them gives me a very similar feeling, and its a good one!!
We just booked a night at BLT during our upcoming stay, have never tried it. Also TRYING to get a night or two at the new GFV!! We are also huge fans of the multi/split stay. Love to move around!

Great trip report! Thanks:)
I think that if you LOVE AKV then you will also like VWL, something about them gives me a very similar feeling, and its a good one!!
We just booked a night at BLT during our upcoming stay, have never tried it. Also TRYING to get a night or two at the new GFV!! We are also huge fans of the multi/split stay. Love to move around!

BLT was nice. It felt high end to us. It doesn't have the same feel as AKL of course but we loved it. Good to hear about VWL! Now for the second half of the stay...We are considering SSR(it's our home resort, can book July 8th) and OKW. Any thoughts?

Glad you all had a wonderful time during your first DVC experience, hiccups included! Thank you for sharing :)

~Beckie

BLT was nice. It felt high end to us. It doesn't have the same feel as AKL of course but we loved it. Good to hear about VWL! Now for the second half of the stay...We are considering SSR(it's our home resort, can book July 8th) and OKW. Any thoughts?

We haven't had the pleasure of staying at SSR or OKW. Im sure they both will be awesome!! OKW, we keep meaning to get around to but just never have, it always gets bumped!!(this time we were able to get something at GFV and I cant wait to try it!!!!)

We stay at OKW every year, there is just something about it that is so relaxing. Did a split last year with BLT, OKW is so quiet and laid back. Also no bus sharing! 46 more days and counting for our return to OKW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter