BLT and BCV booking windows

rk097348

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
Forgive my newness if this is too simple a question but....
We typically stay at our home resort, BLT, in a 2BR and have had no trouble booking in the 11 month window. However, we were considering trying something new and booking a 2BR at BCV for late February 2025. Any idea how competitive it is to get a 2BR at BCV within the 7 month booking window? Do you recommending booking at BLT just in case at 11 months, and "switching" 7 months out at BCV if one is available? Is that even possible?
Thank you!! :)

Book BLT at 11 months. You should always book your home resort during home resort priority. I honestly don’t know about BCV’s availability for end of Feb. I imagine it’s tough like BWV. You can always waitlist it at 7 months,

Book BLT at 11 months. You should always book your home resort during home resort priority. I honestly don’t know about BCV’s availability for end of Feb. I imagine it’s tough like BWV. You can always waitlist it at 7 months,
thanks! so it sounds like booking and then cancelling/switching is totally a normal (or even recommended) thing? is there a penalty or window it needs to be done by?

If it’s a popular resort at a popular time when booking at the 7 month window, be ready to book right then. You will go to your dashboard, pull up you reservation and choose to modify it. Don’t do “plan a vacation” because then it will pull new points, not apply the BLT reservation points to the BCV modification. I suggest going in and practicing prior to the 7 month without changing anything.

If BCV isn’t available, you can waitlist and set the waitlist to expire 31 days prior to check in or 7 days prior. Figure out how many points BLT and BCV reservations use. If BCV uses less than the BLT reservation you may not want to do the 7 day expiration WL. The excess points will go into holding.

In addition to the WL, you can stalk the website to see if BCV opens up. Members have had success with both ways.

I would say to waitlist BWV but those are 2 bedroom lockoffs so they are tough to get at 7 months.

If it’s a popular resort at a popular time when booking at the 7 month window, be ready to book right then. You will go to your dashboard, pull up you reservation and choose to modify it. Don’t do “plan a vacation” because then it will pull new points, not apply the BLT reservation points to the BCV modification. I suggest going in and practicing prior to the 7 month without changing anything.
thank you!!

And, you do see movement at 7 months. People give up home resort bookings for other resorts.

Hi everyone!
Forgive my newness if this is too simple a question but....
We typically stay at our home resort, BLT, in a 2BR and have had no trouble booking in the 11 month window. However, we were considering trying something new and booking a 2BR at BCV for late February 2025. Any idea how competitive it is to get a 2BR at BCV within the 7 month booking window? Do you recommending booking at BLT just in case at 11 months, and "switching" 7 months out at BCV if one is available? Is that even possible?
Thank you!! :)

I would also say it depends how late in February. The Princess Half Marathon Weekend is typically late-ish February, so check your dates against that event weekend as well. runDisney events can make availability wonky for sure!

Feb will be when the Stormalong Bay will be closed for maintenance. Just an fyi. Msy make it easier to get though.
This is a good call out. I imagine a lot of people are going to miss the posted messages about this and be upset when they arrive and no Stormalong.

thanks! so it sounds like booking and then cancelling/switching is totally a normal (or even recommended) thing? is there a penalty or window it needs to be done by?
Yes, this is the recommended way to do it! And as recommended above, be sure to Modify your existing reservation, do not cancel and rebook because if BCV is not available, you might lose BLT too. And again as above, if BCV isn't available, set a waitlist for it, and specify that if the WL comes through you want it to replace the BLT reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter