BLT 7 months out in Mid July?

LoKiHB

Mouseketeer
We are traveling for in mid July 2018. It is our first Summer trip (we usually go in May or Nov/Dec). We are DVC owners at AKL. We will be traveling with two families of four. What are our chances of getting two studios - on standard and one park view for mid July at seven months out?

Standard is pretty unlikely. It's rare for them to have an open week at 7 months any month of the year. TPV often has holes in it the first two weeks of the month at 7 months as well.

You'd be better off thinking 2 Lake View studios, although those can also have holes at 7 months these days - especially if Toy Story opens on schedule.

I would highly recommend booking home resort and trying to switch, and assuming Lake View at BLT as the most likely available option.

Even though July 7 to 31 is one of the lowest DVC demand times of the year at WDW, your chances of getting a standard studio are low as they often disappear before 7 months out year round. Lake view almost certainly will be open and you have a chance for theme park view. It sounds like you are planning to have one room with a great view among the two groups but you cannot shell out the points needed for two theme park views. I personally consider lake view better than theme park view and would recommend getting lake view for both, which would cost fewer points, and request higher floor. The problem with theme park view is that you need to request high floor and get the request, because if you get stuck in a lower floor theme park view room, like fifth floor, you will suffer from severe disappintement for having spent all those points on theme park view, since the main view those lower floor theme park rooms have is of a parking lot. If you get lake view, you have a much higher chance of having a high floor request granted and even if you get lower floor, you at least will not feel that you have been ripped off in points.

Thanks for the advice. :-)

I hadn't considered floor when thinking about Theme Park view. We have 2 years worth of points for our next trip, and can borrow from the following year if needed. I think maybe 2 lake views might be the best compromise. A 2Br is not out of the question, but we will have four adults and 4 children. As much as I love the company of my extended family, I think a week with 8 of us in the same room will end poorly.

I've been considering booking AKV now and hoping for a switch at 7 months. That being said, if BLT doesn't work out, I have no issue with WLV, it's my favorite resort hands down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter