Blood, Sweat, and no Tears! (maybe) Disney World July 2014

I couldn't go to the Poly on this trip, I didn't want to see it with all the construction :(

That juice is so good!

:scared1: this is how I feel about the cost of the Poly bungalows.

You got so much done that morning! I didn't take any pics of Mine Train either because I wanted to enjoy the moment, but I definitely want to take some next time.

Festival of Fantasy is INCREDIBLE, definitely one of my new favorites!

That is one big reason I wanted to go to the Poly I wanted to see what it looked like and look at all the changes. Its sad but I think we'll just have to live with it.

The juice was very good.

That was probably the most I have ever done in a morning at WDW.

After the parade we headed for Adventureland! Our first stop would be the Jungle Cruise. It was still really hot but its a good thing most of the queue is under cover.

Get the joke? Yellow Fever its fun looking at the details in line.

Our Boat was the Amazon Annie and our Skipper was Jordan I believe. He was one of the best skippers I've had, did more than the typical jokes.

Hello Trader Sam!

We needed a cool down after that, so we stopped at Aloha Isle! It was time for some Dole Whips!

After the much needed soft serve pineapple deliciousness we headed for a Pirates Life. We waited around 30 minutes in line but its a great attraction so I didn't care.

After POTC we had a FP+ to get to BTMRR. This is probably my favorite ride in WDW.

Oh Hey Mom and Dad!

Next we had a date with some Ghosts.

HM will always be a favorite of mine.

Back to Tomorrowland!

Some Astro Orbiter Construction.

And now we need to defeat Evil Emperor ZURG!

Continued in Next Post...

We had some Slushies at Cosmic Rays next!

After that refreshment which was much needed on this very hot day. We headed to the Fantasyland Train station for a ride back to Frontierland.

I love the trees in Tomorrowland.

We stopped in Big top treats before the train and saw some yummy Olaf snacks.

On to the Train it was!

I'd love to stay here one day.

Now it was for our last FP of the day Splash Mountain! I love riding this in the evening just before it gets completely dark.

My dad was doing some sort of ducking motion. My mom likes to close her eyes on any type of ride with drops or that goes fast you'll see that with more pictures as we go along. I think Jordan was the most scared out of all of us. Sydnee was just trying to grab onto something. And I forgot to do something funny for the picture.

We headed out after that we had enough for today. Our plan was to head to the Contemporary for the Electrical water pageant but we went and seemed to have missed it as we saw it in the distance. This would also be my only monorail ride of the entire trip which disappointed me.

We headed back to POR and went to grab a bite at the Riverside Mill before hitting the hay for another fun filled day at AK tomorrow.

Its Animal Kingdom day! I really love this park and can't wait until all the enhancements are done. We had an early FP so we got to AK for rope drop.

Once inside it was time to conquer the Yeti! This would be my first time on this ride. Yes I know what you're thinking but it seriously was my first time on.

We saw something really DiVine on the way! :rotfl:

So we get there and my sister Jordan is freaking out. She also has never been on this and doesn't want to go she's not a coaster person. So after some of us trying to convince her she still won't go. My parents let her sit out right by the exit to the ride. The rest of us head on.

Once again My mom has her eyes shut and her hair is in the air. My dad is ducking for some reason and my sister is hanging on for dear life. It was really fun for my first time and once we got off everyone told my sister that she should've went on.

After that we headed to Dinoland. We headed over to Dinosaur it said it was a 10 minute wait. Well... we waited probably 20 minutes and the ride was shut down for technical problems. We tried coming back later and it was at 90 minutes no thanks.

So then we headed to Primeval whirl. My mom doesn't like spinning so she sat out on this one. This ride only had one side open because the other was having problems. Then we heard some people talking in line and they had said three rides they had been to were having problems. Must have been rough day at AK.

After some whirling around we headed to the Maharajah jungle trek another first for us. I really love the details of AK this park wins for details thats for sure.

Supposedly this is some type of rare bird but I don't remember the name of it. We also couldn't see any bats because it was too hot out for them.

Next we saw King Louie and Baloo were meeting so we got in line. While in line I took some photos of work being done at the Tree of Life. The tree area was closed off including its tough to be a bug so we missed that on our trip. A year or two ago a branch fell down and I guess they are working to reinforce the branches and give the tree some new leaves.

Then we were up to meet the King!

We were off to go on a river rapid adventure next at Kali River Rapids.

More construction on the way.

Tusker House a favorite of mine but we didn't eat here this time.

We surprisingly didn't get extremely wet on Kali River Rapids plus it was hot so it felt good.

We sat down on a bench next to Kilimanjaro Safaris because that was our next FP and we were still early. We bought something to drink because it was quite hot. While waiting we noticed some iPad photography at least this wasn't during fireworks or a parade.

And some more construction over by the train station to Rafikis planet watch.

Up Next: Please stay seated in the truck and a Festival of the Lion king!

Finally it was time for our FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris one of my favorite attractions. We were on in probably 5-10 minutes.

Now we are finally in the Harambe Wildlife preserve!

Some of these animal were really close. This is when this little girl behind us kept standing up and the driver had to continuously tell her to stay seated. She was sitting on her dads lap and they didn't speak english so that probably didn't help anything.

There were two truck parked over here and some people were looking at something. I found it interesting I also wonder what they were looking at.

This is all so natural looking I can't believe its man made sometimes.

Mr. Lion was sleeping

And that was it for our adventures on the Safaris. It was off to see a festival of a Lion King next. Its been a very long time since I have seen this show so I didn't remember what it was like. It was also cool seeing the new theater and area that was built for this.

We got the Lion section, we sat in the top row. The lighting wasn't the best of course so I didn't get the greatest pictures.

I love the movie and I love this show! This in my opinion is the best show on disney property. That was it for AK we had some dinner reservations for DTD so decided to head back to POR to change and relax for a bit before heading over.

Up Next: Its a World of Walls...

The safari is always a fun ride! I would've wondered what those people were looking at too! :rolleyes1

The safari is always a fun ride! I would've wondered what those people were looking at too! :rolleyes1

Yes it is! Maybe they were looking at a hidden electrical box of some sort, or maybe some type of drainage system. I don't know It was hidden behind the grass. I wouldn't think it would be an animal right there but oh well.

After our fun morning at Animal Kingdom it was time for some fun at Downtown Disney. Only one problem there are walls everywhere and I mean everywhere you can't avoid them. We also had a dinner ADR for Crossroads at House of Blues this would be our first time here.

We got on the boat and headed to DTD! It was very convenient having boat service there never had that before except for when we stayed at the Dolphon and we loved it there.

Port Orleans is a beautiful resort.

I would love to stay in one of these open day, but I would have to win the lottery first.

We have reached our destination and the new Boathouse restaurant was in sight.

The walls are right there once you get off the boat.

The new starbucks opened just before we got to Disney this is way cooler than any starbucks we have in Wisconsin.

It seems like Pleasure Island has the most walls and that would make sense as that area will be the first to open in 2015 as The Landing.

The Food Truck park was supposed to open this summer but I am now hearing its been pushed back to October. It didn't look anywhere near ready when we were there.

Splitsville is new since our last visit and with my dad being a big bowler we had to check it out but not until after we eat.

We finally reached Crossroads we were about 10 minutes early but we checked in anyways. This would be our first time ever eating here and it was pretty good.

My sister Sydnee got chicken tenders (how original) My parents both got steak, I got a burger that had like onion strings and stuff on it and then my other sister Jordan got a regular cheeseburger.

For dessert I got the chocolate cheesecake and My dad got the chocolate mousse type dessert. I don't remember what everyone else got.

We went to check out Splitsville after eating. It was cool kind of small for what we are used to for bowling alleys but definitely something we might try out on a future trip.

We started heading to the Marketplace side and it was just all walls.

Here is another view of the construction of the Boathouse restaurant.

Up Next: Part Two of Its a World of Walls

Nice update! The pic of your family on EE was so good - your dad's arm hanging over the side of the ride scared me! lol Loved how your sister was hanging onto you for dear life - that pic was be so perfect as an advertisement for EE!

I had to look up that upside down tree on the Safari to see what it was called because all I could remember is it being called an upside down tree lol They actually are real trees brought over from Africa - I didn't know that until our last visit that they were real.

Seems like there was a lot of construction going on at several places when you were there - it's been 4 years since we've gone and we are anxious to see all of the new changes. Really enjoying your tr!

I'm finally caught up! I haven't been on the boards at all this week. Your skipper on the Jungle Cruise looked like he was having such a great time. I always thought that being a skipper must be one of the most fun cast member jobs. A bit repetitive I'm sure, but they always seem to enjoy it.

Aren't the walls in DTD crazy?! I didn't even make it over the the West Side on my last trip because it just wasn't worth the trouble of being that crowded and walled in.

Y'all should plan a dinner at Splitsville next time you go so that your dad can enjoy some bowling. The food is supposed to be pretty good.

Nice update! The pic of your family on EE was so good - your dad's arm hanging over the side of the ride scared me! lol Loved how your sister was hanging onto you for dear life - that pic was be so perfect as an advertisement for EE!

I had to look up that upside down tree on the Safari to see what it was called because all I could remember is it being called an upside down tree lol They actually are real trees brought over from Africa - I didn't know that until our last visit that they were real.

Seems like there was a lot of construction going on at several places when you were there - it's been 4 years since we've gone and we are anxious to see all of the new changes. Really enjoying your tr!

Thanks! That tree is called a Baobab tree. My dad had some strange things going o in our ride photos. Yes DTD was all construction it should be pretty amazing once its done tho.

I'm finally caught up! I haven't been on the boards at all this week. Your skipper on the Jungle Cruise looked like he was having such a great time. I always thought that being a skipper must be one of the most fun cast member jobs. A bit repetitive I'm sure, but they always seem to enjoy it.

Aren't the walls in DTD crazy?! I didn't even make it over the the West Side on my last trip because it just wasn't worth the trouble of being that crowded and walled in.

Y'all should plan a dinner at Splitsville next time you go so that your dad can enjoy some bowling. The food is supposed to be pretty good.

Our skipper was great, John Lasseter was a Jungle Cruise skipper at disneyland and now look where he is today.

DTD was crazy but it wasn't incredibly crowded even with the walls everywhere. We thought about splitsville but didn't go this time maybe next time.

On the way to the marketplace and more walls...

This is where we see the first signs of Disney Springs! New lamp posts in this area have the new name and logo on it.

Here is a photo of the causeway they are building to help people get around easier.

More walls...

The new marketplace Starbucks. I never got to get my Disney starbucks while we were in WDW.

Then we went into the new Marketplace Co-Op and its a great store! There are six little shops inside of one big store. I especially liked D-Tech on demand I didn't buy a phone case from there but I did design a few. I did buy a grey stuff plate from centerpiece the store with the home goods. They also had a dole whip dish.

After the Co-Op we headed to once upon a toy another favorite of mine. I didn't buy anything but this store is always fun.

Hey look no walls!

This may be my favorite store in DTD the christmas shop! It smells like christmas 24/7.

After some Christmas in July we headed to Goofy's Cando Co. I could eat a lot in here but that wouldn't be good.

We bought the sorcerer mickey apple.

Then it was on to the World of Disney. i bought a dole whip shirt, and 3 vinylmations while here. I also could've spent way more money here too.

Next we stopped in the store that has all the breakables. We took a look at the $37,500 castle. I have heard they sell about 3-4 of these a year. Its nice but I don't know why I would want it.

I went back to Goofy's and got a glacier freeze.

Then it was off to POR for the night. When we got back my sisters wanted to go swimming so we did at the quiet pool but it wasn't that quiet there were a lot of people there.

Up Next: Frozen Summer Fun without the Frozen part

Wow - I didn't realize that there was so much construction going on at Downtown Disney! Looking forward to checking out the Co-op now. I need a phone case :thumbsup2

Great review. So nice that you had fun with your family. :wizard:

Yes it was a great trip can't wait to go back in January!

Can you imagine dusting that castle!?!?!?!? No thanks! :wizard:

I don't even know where I would put it. I want to find someone who has one and see where they have it and what they do with it. I would want to show it off but having it sit in my house wouldn't really showcase it that much.

Wow - I didn't realize that there was so much construction going on at Downtown Disney! Looking forward to checking out the Co-op now. I need a phone case :thumbsup2

Yes DTD is crazed with construction. It will be that way until 2016 when its all done. I liked the phone cases there and I wanted one of the resort ones but they had this big DVC member logo on it and I am not a DVC member so I didn't want that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter