• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blizzard Beach Questions

jel0511

DIS Veteran
O.K. I'm a WDW vet, but haven't been to BB since 1996, the last trip before kids. My kids will be 6 and 3 when we go back next summer and my 6 YO is DYING to try BB. So, my questions are this:

Can my kids go on the family tube ride (or any ride for that matter) wearing their swimmies or vests? I don't let them in an unfamiliar pool without them.

I know they'll be allowed in the Tike's Peak and on Cross Country creek, is there any other slides they'll be allowed on? I'm asking more for the 6YO than the 3YO.

Is BB really better for the little kids than TL? We're trying to aviod TL because of the wave pool, I think it might be a little too much for the 3YO, he LOVES to swim!!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give!!!!

This past October we went to BB and had a blast. Our DS6 went on everything, including Summit Plummet. I believe the restriction is 48". And they measured before letting him go. Summit Plummet is the real deal. Almost like you step off of a 3-story building before it starts to level out. We all loved it.

Get there early! We got there at opening, found a spot at the Ski Patrol training area (perfect for your 6, maybe not the 3), and went right up to Summit Plummet. There were about 15 people ahead of us. We went down, and by the time we got back up the mountain the line was at least 45 min long. We did Slush Gusher next door instead (slightly slower than SP), and loved it, too. The last bump will get you airborne!

BB was our best experience of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter