Blizzard beach Polar Patios! Need all the info :)

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hi we have a polar patio booked for June 7th and Im so excited. I know nothing about them or the water park, as we've never been. From what Ive read online you can order food and drinks from the patio? Has anyone stayed at one recently? Are there certain menus for it? Or do you have options to the whole water park food and drink? Just curious, we check out of our Disney resort that day so I wont be able to use Magic Band for purchases so just getting ideas of the easiest ways to do things etc. Also when I arrive will I be told what number and where it is? TIA

I came here for almost all the same info! We've been 3x in the last 2 months but have yet to rent one. You can charge on your Magic Band for that whole day. They won't close your account credit card purchases at resort until midnight. Looking forward to responses

I came here for almost all the same info! We've been 3x in the last 2 months but have yet to rent one. You can charge on your Magic Band for that whole day. They won't close your account credit card purchases at resort until midnight. Looking forward to responses
Oh really? I thought that once the check out time came that was it? You couldn't use it anymore?

Oh really? I thought that once the check out time came that was it? You couldn't use it anymore?
No, you can use until end of day with credit card on file. They don't officially close your account until midnight. I used to take a lot of late flights home, now I just stay the extra night and fly home in morning 😊

We have a Polar Patio rented 2 times for mid-June, would love to hear what folks have to say about them!

We had one in March and it was great! You have a water dispenser and your attendant will add fresh fruits to make “spa” water if you like. You also get refillable drink cups and get soft drinks with them at any quick service that has fountain drinks, and there is a cooler to keep your drinks cold while you go on slides.

You attendant’s phone number will be on a paper at the patio and you can text him drink orders but frankly usually faster just to get drinks yourself. The patio food menu that you can order via your attendant only has large platters (eg whole pizzas, pretzels for four people etc) so we found it more convenient to mobile order what we wanted from the regular quick service restaurants and pick it up ourselves. Everything is easy via mobile order and charges to your credit card directly so you don’t need your magic band if you don’t want it (though you can keep charging to it after check out).

Really what makes the patios great is not food and drink ordering, it is the convenience of a place in the shade with comfy seating that you can return to without worrying about someone moving your stuff to steal the shady spot. It also has a little safe for wallets/phones with chargers in it which is really handy as it meant we did not have to rent a locker. Was really relaxing 😎

We had one in March and it was great! You have a water dispenser and your attendant will add fresh fruits to make “spa” water if you like. You also get refillable drink cups and get soft drinks with them at any quick service that has fountain drinks, and there is a cooler to keep your drinks cold while you go on slides.

You attendant’s phone number will be on a paper at the patio and you can text him drink orders but frankly usually faster just to get drinks yourself. The patio food menu that you can order via your attendant only has large platters (eg whole pizzas, pretzels for four people etc) so we found it more convenient to mobile order what we wanted from the regular quick service restaurants and pick it up ourselves. Everything is easy via mobile order and charges to your credit card directly so you don’t need your magic band if you don’t want it (though you can keep charging to it after check out).

Really what makes the patios great is not food and drink ordering, it is the convenience of a place in the shade with comfy seating that you can return to without worrying about someone moving your stuff to steal the shady spot. It also has a little safe for wallets/phones with chargers in it which is really handy as it meant we did not have to rent a locker. Was really relaxing 😎
Hey thanks!! Yeah it definitely sounds like it’s probably easier to just get our own food via mobile order, I am just happy to have our own spot to put all of our stuff and since it’s just me and my kids it will just be a nice spot! I am so excited about it, I believe they told me I get a phone call the night before to tell me what number is that correct?

Hey thanks!! Yeah it definitely sounds like it’s probably easier to just get our own food via mobile order, I am just happy to have our own spot to put all of our stuff and since it’s just me and my kids it will just be a nice spot! I am so excited about it, I believe they told me I get a phone call the night before to tell me what number is that correct?
We got an email the day before and it included a map showing where our patio was. Very easy—we just walked straight to it.

Were you able to enter the park early and go to the patio before rope drop? That's what they did pre-COVID, but wondering if they are still allowing that.

Were you able to enter the park early and go to the patio before rope drop? That's what they did pre-COVID, but wondering if they are still allowing that.
No, we had to wait with everyone else at the rope. This was back in March though when they first reopened and I know they are always changing procedures

We're considering this. What's the cost and is it only full days available? I know at the resorts you can (at least you could) do half days.

We're considering this. What's the cost and is it only full days available? I know at the resorts you can (at least you could) do half days.
Full day only—cost varies from around $250 in low season to around $450 peak season

Back from trip! The polar patio was awesome! So nice to have the space & the server was great. Ordered food through him, didn’t take long at all. We’ll def always get one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter