Blizzard Beach - Disappointing after Typhoon Lagoon?

Zombie

Mouseketeer
Is Billzard Beach disappointing after Typhoon Lagoon?

We're thinking of staying at CSR because it's close to BB. We're hoping we could hop over to it quite a lot ... use it almost like a resort pool? Is this possible? Coming and going multiple times in a day?

But is it disappointing after Typhoon Lagoon?

Which resorts are closest to TL to use the buses to get there quickly? It was quite a long trip from CSR to TL especially with the construction back-up and rerouting at DTD -- and then having to go to EPCOT to transfer at the end of the day.

NO. I got my family to return to TL once after having switched over to BB and now they refuse to go back to TL - called it pretty but boring.

The only thing at TL that is better than BB is the wave pool. Not enough for my gang to want to go back.

I think that using BB kind of like your resort pool will be fantastic! Enjoy your time.

(My family much prefers Typhoon Lagoon to Blizzard Beach, but I can understand how others feel the opposite. And to answer your other question, I think Pop is the "closest" to TL. I'd have to look at the property map again...unless Robo pops in with one.)

If you like slides more than hanging out in the pool, Blizzard Beach is better than Typhoon Lagoon.
If you like a relaxing tropical beach day instead, Typhoon Lagoon is better than Blizzard Beach.

As for your proximity question... Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans, and Caribbean Beach are the closest resorts to Typhoon Lagoon.

I don't think so. I would classify it as DIFFERENT, not disappointing. I find the lazy river better at BB, the wave pool better at TL, I LOVE taking a ski lift to rides at BB - it's so WEIRD, and I love the crushin' gusher at TL... each park has their own thing... different, but not disappointing!

The BB-CSR bus is so convenient. I loved it. I am staying at Pop in Sept and having the same issues, going to try Typhoon Lagoon but afraid I will be disappointed after several trips to BB!

I love the theming of TL, but I too had more fun at BB
8ce18.jpg

Our family does not care for TL at all. BB just seems more friendly and we always have a great time!

The BB-CSR bus is so convenient. I loved it. I am staying at Pop in Sept and having the same issues, going to try Typhoon Lagoon but afraid I will be disappointed after several trips to BB!
Does the CSR bus always stop at BB? I am thinking to go to BB in the afternoon from a park, and am trying to figure out the best way to get there.

I found BB disappointing after TL. The first year we did the water parks we did TL first and then BB later in the afternoon. We only stayed at BB a couple hours before returning back to TL.

I found BB disappointing after TL. The first year we did the water parks we did TL first and then BB later in the afternoon. We only stayed at BB a couple hours before returning back to TL.
Same here. I didnt like BB at all. I wont go back. We definitely prefer TL....but thats just our opinion. It all depends on what you like. If you like slides, then BB is the park for you. We dont care for slides. Plus i found BB way too exhausting with all the tube carrying. omg never again!

We are another family who was not impressed with Blizzard Beach. Right off the top, we didn't enjoy the "snow" theme....but we're from the north, and don't find winter to be particularly cute or enjoyable (not even a fake winter at a very well themed waterpark in Florida).

Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool and lush, tropical vibe were highlights for our family. BB, then, paled in comparison....too much concrete for our liking. If we have waterpark time in our vacation itinerary, we would much rather spend it at Aquatica or Typhoon Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter