• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blackstone or Griddle Grills

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Anyone have one? I keep seeing them on TikTok and they look like they would be cool to have. Our regular gas grills works fine though so not sure I actually “need” one but might me fun to have.

If you have one, how do you like it? Do burgers and meats taste good or do they taste “fried”? Just curious to hear what others have to say.

We have one and love it. Great for breakfasts and our current favorite hibachi. We also use it for burgers sometimes because its quick.

I have a blackstone griddle bought last year and LOVE it. Everything I've ever made on it has been fantastic. Restaurant quality food as if it was my favorite Diner. Some of the stuff I've made so far are burgers, breakfast potatoes/sandwhichs/hashes, pancakes, stir fry's and my favorite... Pita Pizzas.

Would like to have one but it's just me. Probably wouldn't get used much. I use my gas and my Weber Kettle too much.

Have a Blackstone and love it. My DW loves to make breakfasts on it. My favorite are "smashburgers"!

We have a Blackstone (my DH got it for Christmas from his parents) and he loves it :love:

We gave our son and his family one for his birthday earlier this month. He absolutely loves it and literally uses it everyday. He makes breakfast items on it, hibachi type stuff, teriyaki meats and vegetables, etc. We had dinner the other night there and he made smash burgers. They were really, really good and I could take or leave grilled burgers. Bacon comes out awesome.

We bought the Amazon bundle for the 28" Blackstone. He then bought more accessories that he wanted like the utensils, dome, squirt bottles, etc. Some Blackstones have an air fryer built in. Our son watches a ton of Youtube videos for tips, tricks and recipes.

Amazon.com : Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 2-burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality : Outdoor Cooking Products : Garden & Outdoor

I saw the 36 inch Blackstone Griddle at BJ's club but not sure if it came with cover and table. It was around $300.

MJ

Thanks everyone! How are they to clean? Do you just burn off the residue and wipe clean or does it need to be taken apart and washed and then put back together?

We just got one because everyone we know who has one has raved about it. We have had food cooked on them since and everything has been really good.
I got the one with the hard cover and also bought a cloth cover since it's not going to be set up at our house and I worry about it rusting.
I was hesitant, I like my grill but I am excited to do big camp breakfasts, smash burgers and hibachi on it.
I watched a couple Youtube videos and you have to season it before your first use. There was one guy who says he seasons it before and after each use. I have to watch a couple more to see how people clean and take care of it.
I went to Walmart and got some utensils and accessories for it. They have a big selection of different brands.

I bought DH a Blackstone last year for Fathers Day and we love it! (Food is awesome but I also love that HE does more cooking now and all the scents stay outside :) ) We have our regular grill also and honestly use both, but the Blackstone gets more love!

We love it for omlets, quesadillas, bacon.... anything really. We personally found we didn't love regular scrambled eggs on it as well, but we just sit a skillet on top of the griddle now and cook them while the bacon cooks on the griddle top. It's pretty amazing how versatile they are.

We have two Blackstones, a smaller 17" and a larger 40" flattop. The smaller one we take camping, the larger one is on my back porch. We do have a nice gas grill besides it and use them for different things. I've cooked grilled cheese sandwiches, pancakes, hamburgers, hot dogs, hash browns, steaks, and even boiled water in a pot on ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter