Blackout Dates for Fall 2010 Main Gate Pass

flowerfairy

Dreams of being a CM someday!!
My son will begin his CP internship on Aug. 23 and we are planning on visiting him several times during his stay. We are hoping to use his discount on rooms and be able to get into the parks with his pass. I have read that he will have a 40% to 50% discount on the room and his pass will allow for the 3 of us to get into the park 6 times. I was wondering if anyone knew the blackout dates since we will probably be going during Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas. The reason I am asking is that we have been considering booking the free dining package, as we are going down over the Labor Day weekend for 5 nights. The FD comes with a 2-day base ticket that we could keep to use if one of our trips occur during the blackout time period.

Sorry for the long post, but I am trying my best to plan our trips as frugally as possible.

Thanks!

Main Entrance Pass Blockout Dates are announced on a three-month rolling basis. Blockout dates for November/December, 2010 will be announced at the end of August and September, respectively.

Main Entrance Pass Blockout Dates are announced on a three-month rolling basis. Blockout dates for November/December, 2010 will be announced at the end of August and September, respectively.

Thanks for the quick reply.

One question, do you know if "historically" the Thanksgiving weekend and the week before Christmas are blocked out? I realize that it would just be a guess but at least we would have an idea of how it has been done in the past.

Thank you!!

From my understanding.... Holidays are typically blackout dates because that is part of peak season at the parks. I'm currently a Professional Intern and we were told it is possible that on Holidays we may not even be able to use our company id to get into the parks. I know Christmas at Magic Kingdom sometimes the park closes due to maximum capacity. As previously posted the blackout dates aren't officially posted until closer to that time period.

One question, do you know if "historically" the Thanksgiving weekend and the week before Christmas are blocked out? I realize that it would just be a guess but at least we would have an idea of how it has been done in the past.

Thank you!!

Historically yes. My fiance and I were going to go to wdw for our honeymoon, and i'd either maingate him in or have a friend help us out, buuuuut...as we are getting married on the 15 of december, i know from last year it would be too busy, and thats even on some non black out days!

Thank you!!

Here is last year's dates to give you an idea:

* Magic Kingdom® Park: November 26 - 28, December 24 - 31, 2009

* Epcot®: December 24 - 31, 2009

* Disney's Hollywood Studios: November 27 - 28, December 26 - 31, 2009

* Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park: November 27, December 26 - 30, 2009

These days the CM would have been unable to allow 3 guest in using the Main Gate pass.

Does anyone know if there have historically been any dates at the end of June blacked out?

Going during Easter to visit DS on the program. He checks in next week so we don't know yet if any dates will be un-blacked out for the maingate pass.

Does anyone know the blackout dates for April 2011?

Going during Easter to visit DS on the program. He checks in next week so we don't know yet if any dates will be un-blacked out for the maingate pass.

Does anyone know the blackout dates for April 2011?

As previosuly mentioned, Blockout Dates are announced on a three-month rolling basis.

As such, Blockout Dates for April, 2011 will not be announced until the end of January.

Thank you Glen. Any estimate on what might be blacked out? Easter Sunday is April 24. Do they usually black out the whole week before and after?

My dd is starting the CP this week. My daughter and I would like to visit her sometime in March. Does anyone have the blackout dates for this March if any? Thanks!

We are planning a trip to WDW in May 2011. Can anyone tell me what if any dates are blacked out in may for Cast Member family entrance?

May 1st is blocked out, but just for Magic Kingdom.

DHS is blocks out for May 20-22 (First Star Wars Weekend I'm sure).

Everything else is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter