Black Panther Wakanda as Potential Disney Parks Expansion

MartyParty

Mouseketeer
With all the D23 blue sky stuff recently mentioned, I don't recall this being discussed anywhere. Anyways, I hadn't really considered a Black Panther Wakanda Land but with a little thought that could be really cool idea. Wakanda from the movies has mountains, rivers, futuristic city / technology, mining inside the mountain, animals, etc. So many possibilities for theming and rides.

It would be many years before this happened but what do you all think?

Here is the link:
https://wdwnt.com/2023/09/josh-dama...-wakanda-as-potential-disney-parks-expansion/

Summary
“Imagine bringing Wakanda to life,” D’Amaro said. “In terms of bringing the latest Disney-Marvel-Pixar intellectual property to the parks, we haven’t come close to scratching the surface. And we have learned that incorporating Disney I.P. increases the return on investment significantly.”

A Wakanda area could be an expansion to Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure or an addition to a Walt Disney World theme park like Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disneyland Resort is also working with California on the DisneylandForward initiative with hopes of building another theme park, skyliner, new retail locations, and more hotels. Wakanda could also be added to an international park.

D’Amaro didn’t share more details, but a Wakanda expansion is likely just a “blue sky” idea right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter