Black Licorice Overdose kills man

Prior to 2020 hornets didn’t murder and gators didn’t use meth, so what do you think?
....so you must live in the pacific northwest.....there are daily updates on the eastern and southward movement of

Massive, deadly hornets affectionately known as "murder hornets" "hornets from hell" and "yak-killer hornets," have been spotted in the U.S. for the first time.

They kill bee by the thousands.....ending pollination of fruit and veggie seeds.....

....so you must live in the pacific northwest.....there are daily updates on the eastern and southward movement of

Massive, deadly hornets affectionately known as "murder hornets" "hornets from hell" and "yak-killer hornets," have been spotted in the U.S. for the first time.

They kill bee by the thousands.....ending pollination of fruit and veggie seeds.....
I’m in Georgia. Our biggest threat is the occasional accumulation of two inches of snow.

When I started my nursing career 26 yrs ago a bunch of us nurses were talking about liking or not liking black licorice. One of our brilliant infectious disease doc heard us talking. He said do you know that if you eat too much black licorice your potassium levels become low and could put you serious cardiac heart attack? I looked at him like are you crazy. He said enjoy some once in awhile only. Never forgot that lesson.

I have never understood why anyone would want to eat something that smells and tastes like asphalt.

When I started my nursing career 26 yrs ago a bunch of us nurses were talking about liking or not liking black licorice. One of our brilliant infectious disease doc heard us talking. He said do you know that if you eat too much black licorice your potassium levels become low and could put you serious cardiac heart attack? I looked at him like are you crazy. He said enjoy some once in awhile only. Never forgot that lesson.
It's like anything. A little and you body handles it just fine. But too much and the body starts to hate it. Like salt. Nothing wrong with a little bit of salt on one's food. But it's possible to poison oneself with salt.

I eat a bag of licorice every day, but take lots of potassium. I chase it down with a bottle of Sambuca. #blacklicoricematters

I like black licorice, but I rarely have it. This poor unfortunate soul in the news article qualifies for Kdonnel's "Do you ever go all in to your own detriment" thread.

Some police department jokingly tweeted not to flush drugs down the toilet because it could create meth gators. People thought they were serious and they had to clarify that meth gators aren’t a real thing. 🐊
Gotcha! I forgot about that, LOL.

As a child in the fifties living near Pontefract in Yorkshire we would regularly buy liquorice roots. These dry, woody twigs were chewed and sucked to get the intense liquorice flavour. Commercial extraction for the manufacture of sweets such as Pontefract Cakes was a local industry back then.

ford family

The guy in the article ate a pound and a half of it every day for over a week, and ended up dying from a nutrient imbalance while sitting at a fast food restaurant. While it is easy to blame the licorice, it sounds like he had a lot more health and dietary issues that significantly helped lead to his death.

I'm Dutch, we are born to love licorice, but who in the world thinks that a bag of licorice a day was a good idea.
But then again, the man had more health problems...

Zout Drop! My late husband was born in the Netherlands. He LOVED that stuff. I like it, too, but not too salty. Haven’t had it in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter