black/grey water

jennypenny

DIS Veteran
Hi. We're having camping/disney withdrawl. We've decided to take a camping vacation in disney over easter. We have a pop up with a bathroom, but we could only get a partial hook up site. I'd like to think we'd just use the comfort stations, but with three small kids, I'm sure the bathroom will get used.

We'll buy a grey water tank, but where can we dump it? Are there laundry-type sinks in the comfort stations that we could dump our grey water in daily? And how about the black water. Someone once suggested dumping it into an empty full-hookup site, but I don't think there will be any sites empty over easter.

Have you ever asked someone with a full hookup site if you could dump your grey/black water into their site? Maybe compensating them ($$) for the trouble?? We'll be there 10 nights, so I have to find somewhere to dump over the course of the vacation.

Why doesn't Ft. Wilderness have a dump station??!!!
Jenny

I didn't mention that we've camped before, and we've done disney before, but we've never camped at disney before. We were supposed to last may, but I was too sick to go. And now we're bound by school schedules, so we have to go over easter (actually 4/8 through 4/18--the friday before easter).

So just how bad (crowded) will it be then?!

I would keep checking back and see if you can get upgraded to a full hook up site. Its just easier to have your own sewer connection.

However, there is a large sink in the laundry room you can use to dump gray water. We have been to FW several times including all major holidays and have never not been able to find an empty full hook up site. People come and go all the time. There will be a site you can use to dump your black water. If all else fails you can either call the front desk or tell one of the CM that clean sites for new arrivals that you need to dump your black water and they will find a site that you can use. It does seem strange that FW does not have a dump station but sense they have over 500 sites that have sewer connections I guess they can get by without one.

Besides it promotes the sale of the more expensive full hook up sites. If they did have a dump station a lot more people would want partial hook up sites.

But it sure would be easier for the people who get "stuck" with partial hook ups if they had a pull through dump station.

It seems truly bizzare that there is no dumping station at Ft Wilderness. You may want to check out www.flyingj.com - most FlyingJ gas stations have a free RV dumping station. The St Augustine FlyingJ is the only one in Florida without a dumping station.

If you are using a gray water tank at Fort Wilderness your only choice is to find an empth full hook up site to dump in.

The best time to dump is in the mornings when people are checking out, catching a site before the new tennants move in.

On all m,y trips to FW some full hook up sites remain empty, so you may be able to upgrade when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter